• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 08:46 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Down time

Started by tomcat, Jun 17, 2009, 01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

:ooc: I'm going off the assumption that Caden doesn't know about the missing vials of the drug yet - it seemed to me that the narrative had Caden tinkering on the Aegis when Brim noticed they were short a couple. Is that correct?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Yea, Shawn, you are right on there.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Sam and Caden had moved up and back, through the vendors and shops that surrounded the shipyards, but were unable to find Kara.

Time passed, and Caden's patience was slowly deteriorating. The two watched as the transport, loaded with the Aegis' new combat thrusters, pulled away and began its trek to Senator Ranie's home. The Bestinian merchant just shook his head and said idlely to his droid companion, "Damned thrusters will beat us home."

That was when Sam's visual receptors detected Kara moving through the crowds; her hands full of some new purchases.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

"Here she comes. She's been...shopping???" Sam scans the crowd around her to try and see if she has attracted any attention before calling out or waving to Kara.

watanabe

Kara moved up to Sam and tried to look happy.

"Well I found all the parts I need to make some weapon modifications.  Who knows, might be able to even power up any weapons you have installed in you as well."
  Kara looked around.  "I'm thinking we should get back so we can get those combat thrusters installed."

BrianM

Ensuring the remaining vials of the namana were secure, Brim took some time for his workout. The Rodian loved to climb, and the cliffs outside the Senator's house provided an excellent training ground for him to perfect his skills.

For safety, Brim took a short trip to purchase some climbing gear: rope and a harness, as well as pitons and hooks. Back at the Senator's estate, he set up his new gear and repelled down the cliff, hammering in safety clips at intervals. From the bottom, the scout began the slow ascent.

As he climbed, Brim thought about the missing vials of drugs, blaming himself for not being more careful with them. He hoped that Kara had been the one to take them for analysis as she has indicated. When she returned he would ask for the vials back so that, for now, they could be kept safely within the Senator's walls. Carried away with thoughts of drugs and other bad things they had encountered on Bakura, Brim missed a footing. He crashed down a few metres, caught by the safety harness and cursing his carelessness through a mouthful of dust.

:ooc: I thought this would work as climbing is what Brim improved with the level increase. Please let me know how much a climbing kit like this would cost - thanks.

sdrotar

Quote from: watanabe on Jul 20, 2009, 02:23 PM
Kara moved up to Sam and tried to look happy.

"Well I found all the parts I need to make some weapon modifications.  Who knows, might be able to even power up any weapons you have installed in you as well."
  Kara looked around.  "I'm thinking we should get back so we can get those combat thrusters installed."

Caden was relieved to see Kara again, but perturbed that she had disappeared so suddenly.
"Where'd you go?" he asked. "You know, it seems to be pretty easy to get shot on this rock. Let us know before you vanish next time, OK?"

Caden absentmindedly rubbed his shoulder where he had been hit only days ago. He would be more than happy to get the new thrusters installed... he was looking forward to using them to get out of here.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

"Sorry, just had to find all the right components that I need to help upgrade our equipment.  Let me know if there is anything I can help you with, I've been known to make a blaster fire a little better."  Kara still held a bunch of components in her arms, and looked around.

"I think we should get going, as you said, its a bit dangerous on this rock, and I have a bad feeling about this market."

tomcat

Quote from: BrianM on Jul 21, 2009, 09:38 AM:ooc: I thought this would work as climbing is what Brim improved with the level increase. Please let me know how much a climbing kit like this would cost - thanks.

:ooc: Hey Brian, I am going to go with the ratio of dollar to credit as 1:1, and looking at Mountain Tools website, I'd say a start up kit would easily run about $575. Just deduct the amount from your PC sheet and write in the gear acquired.

The harness jerked hard on Brim's torso as the rope snapped taut. The Rodian breathed out a sigh of relief and a groan of pain almost simultaneously, but he was alive and thankful for it. He reached out to re-grab the rock face to begin his ascent once more. While finding new footing, Brim looked down to the craggy coastline below and noticed a great number of spindley, spiney, eight-legged crustaceans had gathered underneath where he climbed, as if waiting for him to fall.

The fact was, Brim knew very little about the flora and fauna of Bakura, and though its oceans and coastlines were as picturesque as the jungles of his own homeworld, there were numerous creatures that lived within the reefs. The crustaceans below were a voracious species that would take over lengths of coastline and prey on anything that entered their realm, no matter how large. They attacked in great numbers, stripping flesh from prey in short time.

Brim felt a chil run up his spine, as he looked at the many spider-like creatures sitting noiselessly below, waiting. He began his climb again, testing each hook to make sure they were securely in place.

Sam drove the speeder back to Ranie's mansion, the group riding in silence. The passed through the gates and drove up the long drive coming at last to the large garage. Caden smiled to see the crate already sitting there, containing his ship's new thrusters. They had a lot of work to do, and he was ready to get it done and depart.

Question is, were they done with Ranie? Had they gotten him everything he needed? When was he going to pay them the money agreed upon?

BrianM

Brim felt a little queasy as he stared down at the local fauna, who seemed quite interested in having him for lunch. He hadn't noticed the creatures when he began his climb from the bottom, which was probably a good thing.

Clearing his mind and focusing on the task, the scout completed the rest of the climb and made it back to the estate without further incident. He cleaned and stowed his new gear, then showered and dressed. The others were back from their trip, and he approached Kara when he joined the group.

"Kara, could you please return the vials that you were using for the chemical analysis? I think it prudent that we keep all samples within the safe perimeter of the estate to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. By the way, what were you able to discover about the drug? Will we be able to neutralize its effects?"

tomcat

Quote from: BrianM on Aug 04, 2009, 12:08 PM"Kara, could you please return the vials that you were using for the chemical analysis? I think it prudent that we keep all samples within the safe perimeter of the estate to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. By the way, what were you able to discover about the drug? Will we be able to neutralize its effects?"

:ooc: If this were an old 1940's radio show, I think there would be a pause in Brim's dialogue and we'd hear in the background... Duh duh duh!

BrianM

Aug 04, 2009, 12:53 PM #26 Last Edit: Aug 04, 2009, 12:56 PM by BrianM
 :ooc: lol or one of those Kirk shots where they zoom in on his face with the camera at an angle.  ;D

watanabe

Kara looked dead serious as she looked at Brim.

"I never took any vials, so I have yet to run a chemical analysis.  I can if you want me to though, heck we could probably do it right here in front of everyone."

:ooc:

Deception: +4 (d20 roll +4) = 8... Yeah, unless he has the worst Will defense of any player in the game, I'm fracked.

IC:

Kara glanced around nervously as she failed to make eye contact.

BrianM

:ooc: Well, I rolled badly, but I don't think it matters much ... I know that there is a bit of meta-gaming going on here (as I've read all the Kara posts), so let me know if I overstep the bounds in-character.

Will Defence Roll(1d20)+15: 4,+15 Total:19

[IC]

Brim stared at Kara, in that unblinking way that Rodians seem to do so well. Making sure the rest of the group took notice of the conversation, he replied, "It appears to me that you know more about the missing vials than you are telling us, Kara."

tomcat

Aug 06, 2009, 09:20 AM #29 Last Edit: Aug 06, 2009, 09:23 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Just so you know - Will, Reflex, and Fortitude scores do not need rolled. Anytime a character attempts to overwhelm one of your defenses through a skill, or attack, it is their skill roll against your defense score... not 1d20 + your defense score.

Okay, that said... here is perhaps a dumb question: What does Metagaming mean?  (-D

[EDIT] I figured it out!