• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 08:59 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Innocence?

Started by tomcat, May 19, 2009, 08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

[OOC:] Hey Don, looks great. I just needed to make one change - your new Reflex bonus does not stack with your old one, so instead of 3, it is 2.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

To Brim's final question, no one had an answer, but everyone was in agreement with trying to neutralize the narcotics. Caden scratched at the two days of growth on his chin, "Well, it is lunchtime and I am hungry. I also want to get cleaned up. We've been on the go since we landed on this planet. So, I am going to leave the detective work alone for a while, at least until Ranie returns, and take care of some things."

That said, Caden left the room and headed towards his personal quarters. He wanted to get a shave, take a shower, and then take the mono-rail over to the Aegis. She had been sitting for two days now, not that that was a problem, but he wanted to cycle some maintenance programs in her computer. He also remembered there was a condenser line off his sublight drive that had been giving him some trouble. Maybe he'd take Sam and Kara with him - they were both mechs.

The rest of the party went to tend to their own needs. Left behind on the large conference table were the vials of namara, the maps, and the datapad.

:arrow: [OOC:] RP some inter-character dialogue or activities that you want to here, but I will start the new thread later tonight.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Quote from: tomcat on Jun 05, 2009, 07:59 AM
[OOC:] Hey Don, looks great. I just needed to make one change - your new Reflex bonus does not stack with your old one, so instead of 3, it is 2.
That makes more sense. I did also forget to up my defenses with my heroic level increase - some things happen automatically on that sheet, some don't

Sam was eager to tinker some more and slung his satchel bag with his few belongings and tools across his torso to follow Caden.

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Cool, thanks!
Increased Jedi to 2
+1 BAB
Feat: Skill Training (Perception)
+1 Ability: Int (16)
+1 Ability: Wis (18), grants +1 Force Power (Move Object), +1 Starship Maneuver (Snap Roll)
HP: +6
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:arrow: [OOC:] Hey Matt, looks good. I made a change and increased your level mod for Fortitude and Will defense to be 4 instead of 3. Other than that, Qinos looks good.

sdrotar

Jun 12, 2009, 12:36 AM #35 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2009, 12:38 AM by sdrotar
OOC: After some (not-so-welcome) surprise abdominal surgery that put me on my backside for the better part of a month, I'm on the mend and ready to hop back in here. So sorry I couldn't post... they, uh, frown on laptops in the hospital and when I got home, I wasn't allowed to sit up for waaaay too long, so basically, I was unhappily and totally offline. My apologies. Thank you all for bearing with me.

As far as Caden goes in this; Doug's post was spot on - he'd be getting a bit nervous about them getting in way over their heads here. But, they do now have what the bad guys want, and Brim's suggestion would have merit - if they could draw them out, Ranie's men and the authorities could mop up a big chunk of the planet's drug trade in one fell swoop.

Of course, that assumes:
1) They don't get killed by the army of heavies coming their way (having not-so-cheery "Scarface" images bouncing through the head here), and
2) The big one - that Ranie's not in on it... which Caden would secretly be getting more than a little worried about by the moment.

Either way, they're in enough trouble that he's pretty sure they're not getting paid nearly enough. ;)

OOC: Doug, let me get back to you on the advancements; I'm still new to these rules and not to mention rusty.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:arrow: [OOC:] Take your time Shawn, and we are now back in Ohio, so I should get all games up to speed before the weekend is out.

BrianM

Jun 14, 2009, 12:11 PM #37 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2009, 12:28 PM by BrianM
 :ooc: Brim advances to Scout/4 ... and he's been working out a bit. ;D

+1 BAB
+1 DEX
+1 STR
Bonus Feat: Skill Focus (Climb)

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, just waiting on Shawn's level up and we'll be all set for character advances. Working on the new post right now.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Jun 12, 2009, 07:27 AM
:arrow: [OOC:] Take your time Shawn, and we are now back in Ohio, so I should get all games up to speed before the weekend is out.

OK, I'm an idiot. I've been through my Core book and can't find anything on Advancements. Can I get a hand here?  :-[

tomcat

:ooc: You need to look at two tables in the book:

Table 3-1 on page 37 tells you what you get at each level. These are non-class dependent benefits that you receive.

You also need to go to table 3-4 on page 45. This table tells you all the benefits you gain at each level from being in your particular class.

You also get to increase all modifiers on your sheet that are controlled by your character's level (i.e. your defenses, skill mods), but some of these things are automatic on the sheet. You'll just have to check over it when done (don't worry, I will check it for you, too.) Also, your damage bonus increases to +2 (1/2 your level).

If you have any other questions, give me a shout.

sdrotar

Jun 22, 2009, 03:01 PM #41 Last Edit: Jun 22, 2009, 03:08 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Jun 17, 2009, 05:53 PM
:ooc: You need to look at two tables in the book:

Table 3-1 on page 37 tells you what you get at each level. These are non-class dependent benefits that you receive.

You also need to go to table 3-4 on page 45. This table tells you all the benefits you gain at each level from being in your particular class.

You also get to increase all modifiers on your sheet that are controlled by your character's level (i.e. your defenses, skill mods), but some of these things are automatic on the sheet. You'll just have to check over it when done (don't worry, I will check it for you, too.) Also, your damage bonus increases to +2 (1/2 your level).

If you have any other questions, give me a shout.

OK. So I'll increase CON and CHA (the two abilities that Caden used the most) per page 37.
His attack bonus jumps to +3 and I'll select the Far Shot Feat per page 45.

That's it, right? I edited the character sheet - mind checking it out to make sure I did it correctly?

tomcat

:ooc: Looks good man, but the Feat you chose isn't on the Scoundrel list of bonus feats... at least, not that I see. Look at page 47 and you will see the list of Bonus feats that you can take - still need to meet the req's.

Understand that when you advance and the Level-dependent table (page 37) says you gain a feat, it can be any one, as long as you meet the req's.

I did some tweaks - changed your defense ratings, etc. Did you add more hit points? Otherwise, just change that feat I mentioned above and he is good to go!

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Jun 22, 2009, 05:19 PM
:ooc: Looks good man, but the Feat you chose isn't on the Scoundrel list of bonus feats... at least, not that I see. Look at page 47 and you will see the list of Bonus feats that you can take - still need to meet the req's.

Understand that when you advance and the Level-dependent table (page 37) says you gain a feat, it can be any one, as long as you meet the req's.

I did some tweaks - changed your defense ratings, etc. Did you add more hit points? Otherwise, just change that feat I mentioned above and he is good to go!

:ooc:Aha. I changed Far Shot to Rapid Shot, and rolled for hit point increase:
Roll(1d6)+1:5,+1 Total:6

Now, he's at 35.

Thanks!

watanabe

:ooc: Sorry was away for a few days... Also I sent you a pm tomcat!