• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:34 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Innocence?

Started by tomcat, May 19, 2009, 08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Use Computer
DC 10 Use Computer +7
-------------------------
Roll(1d20)+7: 4,+7 Total:11 SUCCESS

Sam connects to a link with the datapad and runs a data screen. He gets log entry dates that match to the time periods that Seelig was referencing and he also detected the bios stamp from the senator's personal computer, on the datapad. The electronic 'fingerprints' were there, confirming authenticity.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"It looks like we're in a tight spot here.  I say we destroy the drug and hand over the datapad to the Senator with what we know.  We can always leave it at that and go.  There should be more than enough information for the authorities to at least start an investigation into this crime ring," says Dan.  "We were hired to find this kind of info and turn it over, not solve anyone's problems."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:arrow: [OOC:] I am digging the PC interaction in this story!  ;D
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

Brim looked thoughtfully at the datapad, "What you say is true, friend Dan, but there are parties trying to eliminate us, so we are now involved in the problem. If we hand over the data and depart, those parties will still hunt us. We are now forced to help solve the problem.

If we simply destroy the drug we can still be accused of taking it for ourselves. Sam and Kara, do you think we can find a way to render it useless, so that it can still be handed over as evidence, but without the possibility of misuse?"

donimator

May 29, 2009, 08:41 AM #19 Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:52 AM by tomcat
{OOC}Dammit, Brim! I'm an engineer not a doctor!

Sam pondered Brim's question, but nothing in his programming leant itself to understanding properties of chemical compounds. He wasn't even sure how the stuff worked in a creature's system!

"What if we tried to put it up on the market...Not for real, but as a decoy to see who we might draw out of the... (struggles for the word) woodwork?"

watanabe

Kara looked at Sam and then nodded.

"I like his idea, but I think I'd like to try and perform a chemical analysis on a few viles if that is okay with the group."

OOC:

Tomcat, I sent you a pm.

BrianM

Brim's eyes widened at this latest idea, and the others could sense excitement in his voice. "Yes ... Those that hunt us want these vials. So let us make the hunters become the hunted!"

GandalfOfBorg

"Maybe, but this planet isn't our turf... we need to make sure we have the advantage before a confrontation, hence the wish to leave," said Dan.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Jun 01, 2009, 08:01 PM #23 Last Edit: Jun 02, 2009, 12:56 PM by tomcat
Caden was starting to get the itch that told him things were getting too thick to stay around. But Ranie had come to him for aid, and was paying quite handsomely, so he couldn't just walk out on his friend... well, acquaintance.

He looked around the room at each of his companions, and then he looked to the small pile of vials on the table - this was bad business! For all of them.

"What are we going to do?" he asked, to no one in particular. "As far as Kara's first idea goes... you don't steal this kind of stuff and then sell it without the original owner taking notice. Besides, I am not much for getting into the drug business. Her second thought is more on target, we are in a hazardous position now. If we leave it with Ranie, it is his to deal with along with the authorities of this planet. I am sorry about his friend, Seelig, but it seems the guy was in to some bad stuff and Kal wanted to know... that's what he hired us for." The Bestinian ended his last thought with a shrug of the shoulders.

tomcat

Jun 01, 2009, 08:19 PM #24 Last Edit: Jun 02, 2009, 01:01 PM by tomcat
The Shade had sat and watched Senator Ranie's mansion for a good 45 minutes after the speeder had passed and entered the estate grounds. He took detailed images of the building's foundation and the supports that held it up, and over the side of the picturesque cliff. He also aimed his camera to the landing platform that sat just about a half-mile from the main house. The ship that sat on the pad intrigued him and he took several shots of her, zooming in as he did to try to capture any significant markings... identifiers.

"Well, it won't be hard to find out who owns it," he thought to himself. The Bakuran Planetary Bureau of Ships and Services would have a manifest of every vessel that entered the atmosphere. He need only ask a few questions in Saliss D'aar, and that had not proved to be challenging.

Once done, he had secured his camera and departed the surrounding area of Ranie's home. He took the country road back into the city and was soon downtown. As Caden was asking his companions what should be done with the namana, the Shade had his answers... Captain Caden Whitesun; Loronar E9 explorer vessel; Port of Origination Bestine IV.

Varta's chief of security now had three of the names. He needed to get ahold of Puk and have the Rodian perform another job... then he needed to get him off the planet.

:arrow: [OOC:] Do you guys like the cut scenes in my stories? Or am I giving you guys too much info and it makes it hard to not use it in character?

watanabe

Kara nodded at Caden's words, but said nothing at first.  She was still considering how one might actually neutralize such a large dose of drugs, probably the best thing to do would be to flush it all down the toilet.

"I think we should look into testing this stuff to see if it can be neutralized.  If not we should destroy it, this is just bad news waiting to happen."

OOC:

I like the cutscenes.

BrianM

Jun 02, 2009, 10:10 AM #26 Last Edit: Jun 02, 2009, 10:37 AM by BrianM
"I am in agreement with this plan. If the drug can be neutralized then it can be used to draw out our adversaries. If not, then it must all be destroyed." With a shrug of his shoulders, Brim added, "We are not drug dealers. Nor do we want to be part of their world."

The Rodian looked around the room at each member of the group. "These two with the glowing eyes however ... they are more than just drug dealers, and this is what distresses me. My hope is that they are simply hallucinations from the drugs, but if not ... what purpose do they have in all this?"

OOC The cut scenes are great! I think everyone is doing a good job of keeping the bonus information out of character.

tomcat

:arrow: [OOC:] I know it has been a few days since I have posted for you guys, but we are having some life issues.

I am awarding everyone an advancement, so please level up your characters to 4th level. All books are allowed for your use, but please bounce a power or feat off of me if it comes from a book about a different era - primarily the Legacy Era and KotOR sourcebooks.

Let me know when you have your sheet updated. Thanks!

watanabe

OOC:

My sheet has been updated.

I took the "Art of Concealment" talent from the Smuggler Talent Tree in the Force Unleashed campaign guide.

donimator

Jun 05, 2009, 05:42 AM #29 Last Edit: Jun 05, 2009, 07:31 AM by tomcat
Quote from: watanabe on Jun 04, 2009, 03:09 PM
OOC:

My sheet has been updated.
+1  ;D

Sam took the Independent Droid Prestige Class (Force Unleashed book)

• increase Int and Wis by +1 for 4th level ability increases
  • +2 Rflx, +4 Will, class defense bonus
  • Took Hot-wired Processor as talent - Swift action, lasts (char level/2) rnds, +5 circumstance bonus to Int and Wis checks, +1 bonus to Ranged attacks, -1 on condition track when effect ends
  • Added 7 HP per campaign document (but Independ. Droid used d12 - any additional HP?)