• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 01:54 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Meetings

Started by tomcat, Dec 23, 2008, 09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

"So, it's an estate for you now," Dirnhael said, nudging Durgil with a smile. "No more sleeping on the earth for you?"

To be honest, he was looking forward to the ride. A few days in the saddle, out in the woods, would do him good. The walls of the city always seemed to be slanting inwards to him, as if they might topple and crush him. Villages, he could used to, but great cities like Fornost? He thought the day would never come when he'd call one home.

Of course, if the oafish fellow's brother had his way, it seemed certain that the choice wouldn't be Dirnhael's to make.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil chuckled at the jest.  "The same would be for you once its raised, brother.  But remember we are on the king's northern marches; my father was able to do one thing right and keep a proper guard of it from the evils that come out of the Northern Wastes: wolves, wargs, trolls, and the occasional orc bands... though I would say our bigger threat would come from my neighbor it seems," he concludes, becoming grim.  "With Derufin in the city, we truly have been revealed and in dealing with 'courtly intrigue' one should expect anything from a poisoned dart to the back to a lot of brigands making sure you never returned safely to your abode.  Why do you think I escaped it as much as I could by joining up with the King's army?  I prefer the straightforward dealing with one's enemies."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Feb 08, 2009, 06:33 AM
"With Derufin in the city, we truly have been revealed and in dealing with 'courtly intrigue' one should expect anything from a poisoned dart to the back to a lot of brigands making sure you never returned safely to your abode.  Why do you think I escaped it as much as I could by joining up with the King's army?  I prefer the straightforward dealing with one's enemies."

Dirnhael blinked once, otherwise staring blankly at Durgil in surprise. He had never thought of the "civilized" world in such a manner and certainly, he had never experienced it. It seems that had been for the best.

"Do they eat their own young as well?"
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

"With a bit o' crusty bread and mustard, if I remember rightly," the young noble replied dead-pan and then burst out laughing.  When he calmed, he continued.  "In a matter of speaking, some will outright use their children in power plays and gambits just for a seat at the table or expend them for just a scrap more of power.  My father was one of these, or at least he tried.  My sister had him wrapped around her finger so I bore the brunt of his machinations -- my childhood was filled with such fun with only my mother as a buffer," he finished with a quiet bow of his head.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16