• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 07:30 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 2 - Orland Street

Started by tomcat, Dec 14, 2008, 04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Dec 14, 2008, 04:49 AM Last Edit: Dec 14, 2008, 02:16 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] As in my Lord of the Rings games, I will make all redundant rolls (i.e. initiative).

Also to Nick, youare new to my game style so just know that I like to open a thread for each round. It is the only way I cna keep my head straight on battle progressions. As you will see, I brought your actions from the other post to here.

Everyone is welcome to post out of initiative order, just know that I will organize all actions into sequence as the round goes.

Situation: The heroes are attacked by a group of brutes.

Situational Modifiers: none

Physical Modifiers: It is night time and -2 darkness penalty applies; debris areas on map with a 'C' offer cover.

Initiative:
Sam- 23
Caden- 22
Brute leader (C)- 21
Kex- 18
Brutes (E, T, V, P)- 12
Kara- 11
Neja- 7
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Old habits are sometimes a boon. Sam quickly springs to action when he sees the speeder approach, sending an internal warning to Caden as he draws on the occupants.

Sam's actions
Swift (using Quick draw feat) - Sam draws out his blaster that he was reaching for in his compartment
(or if a Move action is necessary for it, he will use that and ignore the Move actions below)
Move - Sam will split his movement (Running attack feat) and move three squares to stand beside Kara
Standard - Sam will fire at the closest occupant 'V'
d20 +6 (+/- any penalties?) = 12 +6 = 18
If hit, 3d6+1 dmg - 11 +1 = 12
Move (pt2) - Sam will move three squares across the street, directly toward Caden and Nex.

watanabe2k

Dec 14, 2008, 12:47 PM #2 Last Edit: Dec 17, 2008, 01:40 PM by tomcat
"Frack!" Kara yelled as she drew her pistol and moved towards the nearest of thugs.  She wasn't exactly sure what was going on but she knew that she didn't like it.  Not bothering to switch her blaster away from the stun setting, she aimed at the nearest of the brutes and squeezed off a round blue energy to stun, not kill the brute.

She only hoped that she wasn't shooting at the wrong person, or getting herself in too deep into trouble... again.

OOC:
Sorry to repost it, but I forgot to include the +1 for point blank shot (within 20 squares in saga edition)

Fire at "C"

Attack roll: 4+18(d20)+1 (point blank shot) -5 cover -2 darkness = 16 vs Ref Defense

If hits: Stun Damage 3d6+3 = 6+5+2+3= 16 stun damage
The errata says now that stun damage on weapons is equal to their normal damage.

Hope you like everything being rolled out.

sdrotar

Dec 15, 2008, 02:31 AM #3 Last Edit: Dec 16, 2008, 07:45 PM by sdrotar
OOC: My first combat - please forgive me if I butcher the rules a bit...

Abruptly reaching out with his left hand, Caden shoved the surprised Neja back into her apartment - where she landed squarely on her backside - and jabbed at the door's control panel. He turned away as he heard the hiss signaling its close. "Great introduction," he thought.

"Sam!" His shout carried across the now-panicked and frantic street.
Knowing that the droid would do... well, what he did best, Caden whirled and pulled out his blaster as quickly as he could, squeezing off a shot at his nearest attacker.

SWIFT ACTION: Quick-draw blaster (using Feat).
MOVE ACTION: Unceremoniously push Neja inside her apartment and tap control to shut her door.
STANDARD ACTION: Fire blaster at nearest attacker ("C").
Caden's Ranged Weapon Bonus +4, Heavy Blaster Attack Bonus +2, Point-blank Range +0, Darkness -2, Target in Cover -5 = -1
Roll(1d20)-1:15,-1 Total:14
Damage if successful: Roll(3d6)+0:1,6,3,+0 Total:10

OOC: Am I right to assume that I can't do anything to avoid the damage suffered in the first round, since we were surprised (and shot in the back :x)?

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Cut

[OOC: Sorry for bogging things down so long. I am back now though. I am very pleased with N standing for Kex, be it due to Naboo or Nico, I can't tell for sure, but I'd like to stick with it ;) ]

Kex pulls his heavy blaster pistol, and moves over to Neja trying to cover the girl with his body if necessary figuring that their prime witness needs to survive this attack. He then snaps off a shot at one of the attackers, more concerned with forcing them into cover than actually trying to place a solid hit.

[OOC: I am at my gf place right now, without rules and stuff, I shall edit this post later on today to include the right actions and such.]

tomcat

Dec 16, 2008, 09:08 PM #5 Last Edit: Jun 03, 2009, 07:36 AM by tomcat
[OOC:] That was perfect Shawn. I will resolve the round for Nico, so we can move to round 3.

As far as the damage, no. I will say it is the one reason I do not like going back to d20 - everything from armor, to dodge, to whatever, is all factored into your reflex stat and if overcome by an attack roll you are hit. Also the high number of hit points a character gains as he advances... another abstract way of showing physical damage to reflexive defense.

This was one of the reasons I put down d20 a long time ago and started playing a game where one player rolled to attack and the other than rolled to dodge or parry, and if hit, armor reduced the effect. That style of gaming always seemed more realistic to me...

Anyway, we'll still give this a go! ;D

Nick, with V dead before Kara's initiative order, feel free to re-direct your shot.

1) Sam blows V away.
2) Caden deals 10 damage to C

brute leader
Move
- none.
Standard - Brute leader fires back at Caden
Caden 17 RC +5, Darkness -2
-------------------------
Roll(1d20)+3: 9,+3 Total:12 FAILED

Kex
Swift
- draw blaster
Standard - Kex attacks T
T 11 RC +5, PB +1, Darkness -2
Roll(1d20)+4: 7,+4 Total:11 SUCCESS
Damage: Roll(3d8)+1: 6,3,3,+1 Total:13

brutes
Move
- none.
Standard - Brutes (E and P) attack Kex and Caden
Caden 17, Kex 17 RC +5, Darkness -2
Roll(1d20)+3: 6,+3 Total:9 FAILED (Caden is missed)
Roll(1d20)+3: 20,+3 Total:23 CRITICAL (Kex is hit)
Damage Roll(3d8)+0: 6,4,4,+0 Total:14 x2 = 28! Kex moves -1 down the condition track, as well.

Sam moves across the street, firing his blaster as he does. The brute named Vic, that lay across the speeder's front end for cover, never saw the droid's attack coming. Sam's blaster fire took the thug in the backside and he was thrown to the street dead.

Both Caden and Kex also return fire and both strike their intended targets. Kex hits Tank as he stood atop the speeder and he, too, was dropped. Caden's blaster took Cho in the shoulder, but the man remained on his feet. Blaster fire from the three remaining brutes continued to rain in on the two heroes. Caden heard as Kex let out a sharp yelp from a painful weapn hit. The pilot fell to his side, leaning on the house to keep him up, all the while his vision began to fade.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]