• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 01:10 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Host of the Éothraim

Started by tomcat, Jun 07, 2007, 05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil remained silent during the exchange.  His heart burned for dealing with these savages just like any other man in the room, but kept his mouth shut unless he could venture anything more than to further the cause of dealing with the evil men.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Gareth spoke next, "My Lord Thuidmar, is it possible for us to muster our force and move against Harizän in Ilanin?"

"Aye, we shall meet Harizän soon," answered the high chieftain, "but I want more information before I challenge the Easterling directly. We need to know the status Ilanin and the disposition of his army. What I need is for someone to go to the wain-town and see if Harizän sits at readiness for battle or if he lulls in his apparent success."

Thuidmar stood to pace, "If it is the former, we will draw his forces out over the river to meet them and then smash them against the Carnen. If the latter, we will secretly move the Host across the Carnen at Burh Marhlinge and then ride south down upon him and smash them where they grow fat on our people's wealth."

With a hesitant voice, Gareth spoke again, "My Lord, why is it that it has taken you this long to come to aid us in our need? Surely word had come west of the plight of the Donun Vale?"

"Word only reached us two weeks past for it seems that the wargs of Koskas kept your messengers from reaching me," Thuidmar replied with a bit of agitation in his voice, but then he softened, "But now we have come and vengeance shall be ours."

He turned from Gareth and said, "Now I must pick a group to go and spy out the town and Harizän's forces."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

Fengel thought of his sister in the hands of Harizan, and he knew he needed to go on this mission.  "I will go lord Thuidmar, and I have a few that may ride with me.  But first we need to refresh ourselves as we've not eaten for some while."  Fengel waited for Thuidmar to excuse the men, then with a bow he led his friends out to find sustenance. 
After their bellies were filled and he and his friends sat back with a cup of ale, Fengel asked for their aid yet again.  "You all have proven to be true friends, and I am ever in your debt.  I know that this continues to escalate, and again I would not blame you for making your way back to your homelands.  But this company seems to have been formed for this specific mission.  And I could think of none other better qualified.  So I ask your help for my people but more importantly in finding my sister."

Stefan

Nain was the first to stand.

"I'm with ye, I just hope that she's fared better than my brother at the hands of the enemy."

GandalfOfBorg

"Fengel, I am honored to call you friend.  You have proven yourself beyond measure in the assistance you've given my people across the mountains.  Even if I knew you not as a friend and only a man of Arthedain, honor would've bound me to continue by your side.  Gladly, it's not just honor that I am here and remain to give the aid your people so equally deserve."  Raising his glass to Fengel then takes a long draw.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Dirnhael shook his head and laughed heartily, almost spilling his drink.
"After all this," he said, "you have to ask? Whatever fate awaits us, we shall meet it together - as we always have."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Nikitas

Galudir's eyes shot across the room and over the company rallying behind Fengel again. With some hesitation Galudir finally spoke, "Yes, I suppose I will go also."

tomcat

Edrahil looked to Fengel, "Of course, I am with you as well."

OOC: Look for a new thread to start here shortly - sorry for the delay. I had a very busy week and we close on our house today... so, I will get you guys something real soon!  ;D
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]