• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 07:16 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 1 - To save their kin!

Started by tomcat, Nov 28, 2006, 06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

OOC: Hey Paul, even though your opponents are large, due to the cave size, no troll can have more than two attackers unless the troll is drivedn into the main chamber.

If you nee anymore input, let me know...

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Dec 04, 2006, 10:12 AM #16 Last Edit: Dec 05, 2006, 08:14 AM by GandalfOfBorg
Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Nov 29, 2006, 04:43 AM
OOC: Init - 7+2=9

Durgil will delay until the dwarves attack and he sees an enemy, take aim (Aim action), and fire.
Observe (Spot) - 12*+2*+3+2-2=17
RC: Bows (Shortbow) - 4*+11+2+2+3-2=20
Damage - (5+5)+1=11

Init - 5*+2=7
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

OOC: Dirnhael would like to try and slip by the trolls in an effort to get closer to the prisoners. Is that possible in this round?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

OOC: Hey Shawn, yes... the Dwarves have engaged the Trolls distracting them enough to allow a couple to pass - Nain is one.

I will be starting a Round 2 post based on the actions you all have stated thus far. It wil be up in a few hours, see it for the narrative and give me your next round actions based from that.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Dec 05, 2006, 05:37 AM
OOC: Hey Shawn, yes... the Dwarves have engaged the Trolls distracting them enough to allow a couple to pass - Nain is one.

I will be starting a Round 2 post based on the actions you all have stated thus far. It wil be up in a few hours, see it for the narrative and give me your next round actions based from that.

OK. Dirnhael will try to sprint past the trolls and make his way toward the prisoners, hoping to release them and improve their odds against the trolls. On the way, he glances about for their weapons or anything else they could give the dwarves to use in combat.

Run Roll(2d6)+4:5,2,+4 Total:11

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Dec 04, 2006, 10:12 AMDurgil will delay until the dwarves attack and he sees an enemy, take aim (Aim action), and fire.
Observe (Spot) - 12*+2*+3+2-2=17
RC: Bows (Shortbow) - 4*+11+2 Speciatly +2 Size Mod +3 Aim +2 Rivendell Bow -2=22
Damage - (5+5)+1=11 +2d6 = Roll(2d6)+11: 5,4,+11 Total:20 (Due to Extraordinary Success)

OOC: Hey Matt, I made the following adjustments to your attack per your bow and the House Rules we use.

Doug

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: thanks, ill have to look at the damage rules update... i must have missed it
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Wiseman

Seriand's blade was ready to taste troll flesh, but the cramped confines of the cave were not allowing this.  The next best action was to rush past them and help the fallen dwarves as best as he could.

The elf moved quickly toward the dwarves that had been captured.

Palandil

Dec 07, 2006, 04:51 AM #23 Last Edit: Dec 07, 2006, 04:29 PM by tomcat
OOC: I moved this post here.

Fengel was suddenly surprised when Dirnhael took off past the trolls into their den.  He thought Dirnhael would have let the dwarves save their kin.  Now it seems that retreat will not be an option for him no matter what.  Raising Cerduil and his shield, he quickly moves to engage one of the beasts blocking the main chamber to hopefully keep an opening for Dirnhael to get back out.

Action 1: Attack Troll (Ort) TN 10 -2 Size Mod = TN 8
AC +13; LongS +2; Night-eyed +2 no penalty
Roll(1d12)+15: 3,+15 Total:18

Action 2: Attack Troll (Ort) TN 10 -2 Size Mod = TN 8
AC +13; LongS +2; Night-eyed +2 no penalty
Roll(1d12)+15: 1,+15 Total:16 (Do I roll 1d6 now for this 1 on a d12 for a miserable roll?!!)
Yes ... I rolled it for you: Roll(1d6)+0: 1,+0 Total:1 = 15

Action 3: Save for Parry.

tomcat

Dec 07, 2006, 05:26 PM #24 Last Edit: Dec 08, 2006, 05:06 AM by tomcat
OOC: Ort makes no attempt to stop Fengel's attacks, as he is totally intent on the Dwarf below him...

Damage from Cerduil (Superior Successes, so an extra +1d6 is scored):

Attack 1 - Roll(3d6)+8: 3,6,5,+8 Total:22 (-5 armour) = 17
Attack 2 - Roll(3d6)+8: 1,2,5,+8 Total:16 (-5 armour) = 11

Cerduil cut deep and Ort raised an angry gaze to the Éothraim - the little man would pay for his insolence.