• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 09:26 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The way is open...

Started by tomcat, Sep 16, 2006, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The now mounted Company members trotted back up the ridge, away from the Dunland settlement, in search of their comrades. It was still a few more hours until the sun would wake, and though they were exhausted and hungry, it was the consensus that they put some distance between themselves and their former captors.

Upon reaching the summit of the valley, the rogue, mounted on his horse, rode up to them with Jethro in tow. Now they only needed to collect Edrahil and Durgil and make their way back east and south towards Khazad-dum.

OOC: Actions - and/or - Dialogue?

If the company consensus is not to move on yet, feel free to correct me and I will edit this post.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

OOC: Has Galudir joined us? The last I read, he took all our stuff and hid it...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: Galudir's last postGaludir dismounted and quickly took the long sword from his bags and hid it a few yards away from the bent tree. With a smile on his face he rode back toward the town to find his latest employer.

OOC: Here is where I am interpreting that Galudir comes to find you all.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

Nain walks over to Jethro and rubs his nose while checking him over.  He then moves back to the saddlebags, takes out and apple and feeds it to the nag.

"Thank ye fer findin' him."

sdrotar

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 18, 2006, 03:51 AM
Nain walks over to Jethro and rubs his nose while checking him over.  He then moves back to the saddlebags, takes out and apple and feeds it to the nag.

"Thank ye fer findin' him."

Dirnhael manages a chuckle, and claps the stout dwarf on the back. "It's the least we could do in return for our escape."

Nikitas

It's not clear from the narrative, mostly because I figure Galudir wouldn't know which is which, but he has hidden Dirnhael's sword.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, I see that most of your company has gathered. I am not certain where the other two could have went." Galudir opens the saddlebags on his horse and begins handing the weapons back to the group.

"This is what I left the hut with, I was surprised when I saw that I had left alone." He smiled as he finished his thought and quickly added. "You will find that there is a sword missing. Unfortunately, I feel I have a rather poor bargaining position amongst so many armed men, and otherwise, and I have had to protect what is due to me. Once I receive my pay I will happily return it and depart."

tomcat

Quote from: Nikitas"You will find that there is a sword missing. Unfortunately, I feel I have a rather poor bargaining position amongst so many armed men, and otherwise, and I have had to protect what is due to me. Once I receive my pay I will happily return it and depart."

OOC: As you guys read this post from Nikitas and reply to it, keep in mind that the ultimate goal here is for Nikitas and his character Galudir to stay with the Company (unless of course, Nikitas has alternate plans?).

Anyway, how that is rolpelayed out and that comes to fruition I leave in all of your capable hands!
  ;D

sdrotar

Quote from: Nikitas on Sep 18, 2006, 03:49 PM
It's not clear from the narrative, mostly because I figure Galudir wouldn't know which is which, but he has hidden Dirnhael's sword.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, I see that most of your company has gathered. I am not certain where the other two could have went." Galudir opens the saddlebags on his horse and begins handing the weapons back to the group.

"This is what I left the hut with, I was surprised when I saw that I had left alone." He smiled as he finished his thought and quickly added. "You will find that there is a sword missing. Unfortunately, I feel I have a rather poor bargaining position amongst so many armed men, and otherwise, and I have had to protect what is due to me. Once I receive my pay I will happily return it and depart."

Dirnhael glanced at Nain, wondering what bargain had been struck. The man had helped them, but Dirnhael did not appreciate such... he could not find the words.

Drawing himself up to his full height, he strode towards the newcomer.
"My name is Dirnhael, Knight of Fornost, and you shall have whatever payment our companion promised you."

Stepping a bit closer, his voice lowered menacingly.
"Unless you hold my blade ransom any longer, that is. Then I will be... inclined... to forget that you aided us, whatever your reasons for doing so."

"Now - my sword... and your name."

Nikitas

Sep 18, 2006, 08:50 PM #8 Last Edit: Sep 18, 2006, 08:55 PM by Nikitas
Quote from: tomcatOOC: As you guys read this post from Nikitas and reply to it, keep in mind that the ultimate goal here is for Nikitas and his character Galudir to stay with the Company...

I have to make that tough don't I?  :D

Edit: I think this may qualify as needing to spend a point of courage due to the Stiff-necked flaw. What do you think tomcat?

"My name I offer freely, Thermon, of this town or that. And this matter is simple enough to resolve, five gold pieces and you may have your property." Galudir looked Dirnhael in the eye, challenging him, but despite his recent imprisonment the Dunedain looked bold and fearsome. In that moment Galudir broke his gaze, and looked to the ground as he offered other terms. "But I can see that the sword is dear to you, and I would rather not learn if you are willing to kill for it. I have known others to kill for less. If you are a true knight then your word should bind you, swear it and I will fetch your blade."

sdrotar

Quote from: Nikitas on Sep 18, 2006, 08:50 PM

"My name I offer freely, Thermon, of this town or that. And this matter is simple enough to resolve, five gold pieces and you may have your property." Galudir looked Dirnhael in the eye, challenging him, but despite his recent imprisonment the Dunedain looked bold and fearsome. In that moment Galudir broke his gaze, and looked to the ground as he offered other terms. "But I can see that the sword is dear to you, and I would rather not learn if you are willing to kill for it. I have known others to kill for less. If you are a true knight then your word should bind you, swear it and I will fetch your blade."

"You already have my word. The coins will be yours," Dirnhael said, without blinking.
The man was brazen, Dirnhael thought, but he was obviously no fool. Those two things often went well together, he mused.
He tried not to judge Thermon too harshly - the man had risked himself for them, even if it was for pay.

Dirnhael remembered his childhood days; a hardscrabble existence as an orphaned lad until Celephain took him into his house at Tharbad and raised him almost to think of himself as kin. Had he not been so fortunate, would his life have been so different?

His features softened a bit - but only for a moment, as his sympathy waned.
"Not until Vorandur is in my hands once more," he thought...

Stefan

Nain was about to speak as the Human glared at him but Thurman spoke and the attention was taken off the Dwarf.  He decided that there was no point in arguing since they'd made what seemed like a reasonable deal.  Reasonable to them anyway, Nain thought to himself that he'd probably have haggled a little more.

Palandil

Fengel shook his head at this obvious rogue's reply to Dirnhael.  If it wasn't for his aid in freeing them and coming back with at least some of their gear, he would have been cut down for his disrespect.  He spat through his teeth, "Rabble."

Nikitas

"Of the highest quality." Galudir looked a Fengel as he responded and then turned his horse back toward his hiding place. "Follow me." He led the company back where he hid the sword. Dismounting and bending over a thick shrub, Galudir removed the sword from a small pit in the ground which formerly held a rock he had rolled aside. Silently, Galudir took the blade to Dirnhael and held it out for him to take it.

tomcat

Edrahil and Durgil descended from the gazebo, back into the pine wood in search of their comrades. In the foggy thickness, the forest was hushed but faint voices could be heard along with the whicker of horses. Below in the valley, the glow of a fire could be seen but no sounds could be heard. The Elf and Dunadan figured it safe to head towards the muted talking before them and so weaved through the forest in that direction.

Not far away, Vorandur settled into Dirnhael's hand, given over by the rogue.

sdrotar

Quote from: Nikitas on Sep 19, 2006, 09:15 PM
"Of the highest quality." Galudir looked a Fengel as he responded and then turned his horse back toward his hiding place. "Follow me." He led the company back where he hid the sword. Dismounting and bending over a thick shrub, Galudir removed the sword from a small pit in the ground which formerly held a rock he had rolled aside. Silently, Galudir took the blade to Dirnhael and held it out for him to take it.

Dirnhael bowed his head in thanks and unsheathed his blade to inspect it, happy to see that it retained both it's beauty and it's sharpness. The Dunmen had done it no harm, and Thermon had treated it with respect.

He would keep an eye on this one - he was a stealthy fellow, and one who obviously thinks quickly on his feet. Such men were often dangerous... or useful.