• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 02:34 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Escape - Round 1

Started by tomcat, Aug 25, 2006, 10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Aug 25, 2006, 10:59 AM Last Edit: Aug 25, 2006, 11:10 AM by tomcat
[From the last post prior to combat rounds beginning]

Dirnhael jumped the fence and struck the guard with a UC attack scoring 12, Fengel scored a 14, and Seriand scored a 15 against guard 2 - all were a success. The unaware guards will get no defensive actions for these attacks:

Damage from said attack will be:
on Guard 1
Dirnhael Roll(1d6)+3: 3,+3 Total:6 (-2 for armor = 4 damage)
Fengel Roll(1d6)+3: 5,+3 Total:8 (-2 for armor = 6 damage)
on Guard 2
Seriand Roll(1d6)+3: 5,+3 Total:8 (-2 for armor = 6 damage)

- Dirnhael's hit does not exceed the Dunman's Vitality, no Stamina test necessary for Stun effects, but damage scored.
- Fengel's hit does not exceed the Dunman's Vitality, no Stamina test necessary for Stun effects, but damage scored.
- Seriand's hit does not exceed the Dunman's Vitality, no Stamina test necessary for Stun effects, but damage scored.

OOC: So, to restart this round...

Situation: There are a total of four Dunmen spearmen, two unconscious and two that still guard the stockade. Fengel, Seriand and Dirnhael have leapt the fence to try to overtake the two on the village-side of the corral after the attacks made by Nain and Galudir on the lake-side.

Situational Modifiers: Faint Light -3

Dunmen Stats: Unless we get into some kind of mass combat, these men will have standard health levels with 9 points in each

Physical Modifiers: Durgil Dazed -1 Tired -2; Dirnhael Dazed -1 Tired -2; Fengel Winded -1; Nain Dazed -1 Winded -1; Seriand Winded -1

Dunmen are: Two of the guards are knocked out; Guard 1 is Dazed -1

Initiative:
Edrahil 11
Galudir 11
Dunmen 11
Dirnhael 9
Fengel 9
Nain 6
Seriand 6

Waiting on Nikitas and BrianM to start their posts as they lead in Initiative, but I will roll for the Dunman against their opponents. Stefan, you may re-do your actions for this round as the guard you attacked was knocked unconscious.

Dunman Guard 1 clubs at Dirnhael with haft of spearTN 11:
AC +7, Specialty +2, Faint Light -3, Dazed -1
Roll(2d6)+5: 5,4,+5 Total:14 SUCCESS
Damage if not parried: Roll(1d6)+4: 5,+4 Total:9

Dunman Guard 2 clubs at Seriand with haft of spearTN 13:
Roll(2d6)+5: 2,4,+5 Total:11 FAILED
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Aug 25, 2006, 11:20 AM #1 Last Edit: Aug 30, 2006, 04:43 AM by tomcat
Watching the guard crumple to the ground. Nain glanced at the rogue to make sure that his guard was handled as well. He then moved to assist in taking out the guards in front of the stockade; behind him, the rogue followed.

Dirnhael and Fengel pummeled the Dunman guard and he staggered back from the fury of their attack, but though his lip was bloodied it was not enough to drop him. He lashed back at the attackers with the haft of his spear, striking Dirnhael in the midsection. Not far away, Seriand and his opponent exchanged blows. The Company had surprise on their side still and the Dunmen had yet to call out to the village for aid... but that certainly would not last.

Edrahil and Durgil opened the gate to the stockade and exited; the Dunadan feeling weak with sickness and non-sleep, the Elf preparing his arts in case they were to become necessary.

OOC: I feel like it has been ages since I gave you guys something substantial! Well, we're back in order here.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 25, 2006, 10:59 AM

Dunman Guard 1 clubs at Dirnhael with haft of spearTN 11:
Roll(2d6)+5: 5,4,+5 Total:14 SUCCESS
Damage if not parried: Roll(1d6)+4: 5,+4 Total:9

OOC: Do I try to parry this using Unarmed Combat or something else? Can I Dodge? Sorry, the UC mechanic is new to me...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

OOC: Yes Shawn, Unarmed Combat skills are used to parry/block attacks as well. There is no bonus to parry and if it is were a edged weapon against you, there may be some risk of being cut.

Doug

Nikitas

OCC: Galudir will move to the guard that Seriand is attacking and perform another blunt attack, going for a knock out.

Run Test (If necessary):
2d6= 6,2
Strength (+2), Skill Ranks (+2)
8+2+2= 12

First roll is 3,1. Using my second and last Scoundrel's Fortune.

Second roll is 1,1...

Armed Combat (Blades: Long sword):
2d6= 3,1
Nimbleness (+3), Skill Ranks (+6), Speciality (+2), Faint Light (-3)
4+3+6+2-3= 12

With the called shot that brings Galudir into disastrous failure territory. I'll write it up as a whiff for now, but if something worse has to happen I can edit my post. Possibly Galudir has too much follow through, maybe bringing his pommel into his... eh... lower area. He can drop his sword, crouch over, and grunt out "Oh... my hobbits." Now that's good writing.  8)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the Dunman crumbled underneath Galudir's sword, the rogue turned his attention to the dwarf. Seeing that the dwarf's opponent had also fallen, Galudir ran toward the least occupied guard. Aiming once again to fell the guard in one blow, the fervor of battle caused the inexperienced young rogue to horribly misjudge his opponent's position, striking nothing but the chill night air near the guard's ear.

tomcat

Aug 28, 2006, 10:23 AM #5 Last Edit: Aug 30, 2006, 11:30 AM by tomcat
OOC: Just waiting on Seriand. Once you guys post I will move the story along.

Palandil

Aug 28, 2006, 11:38 AM #6 Last Edit: Aug 30, 2006, 06:26 AM by tomcat
As the Dunman struck Dirnhael, Fengel grabbed the spear shaft with one hand and kicked the man in the chest with the flat of his boot.

Here is the roll for the kick.  Let me know what I need to roll to grab the spear.

Unarmed Combat
+1skill; +1Nim; +3warwise; +2brawl,
-1 winded
Roll(2d6)+6: 1,5,+6 Total:12 - 3 = 9 +1 courage = 12

I checked off another courage point.  So if I understand this right I have no more courage points?

tomcat

OOC: Hey Paul,

No... you have a total of 4 Courage points and at this moment, only three are checked off so you have one more.

Palandil

Ok, I saw that 3 were checked so I checked one for my last post.  That makes Fengel couragless.

sdrotar

Aug 29, 2006, 10:34 AM #9 Last Edit: Aug 29, 2006, 03:16 PM by tomcat
UC Parry (TN 14) +5, -1 Dazed, -3 Faint Light = +1
Roll(2d6)+1: 6,5,+1 Total:12

OOC: I believe I have one Courage point left, so I'll use it - don't want to let that great roll go to waste!

Dirnhael knocked the shaft of the spear away at the last second with his forearm, and he momentarily froze in pain - for a moment, he thought his arm had been broken.

Next Round Initiative: Roll(2d6)+2:5,5,+2 Total:12
OOC: The dice roller is kind today...

tomcat

Aug 29, 2006, 10:44 AM #10 Last Edit: Aug 29, 2006, 03:17 PM by tomcat
OOC: Hey Shawn, thanks for the defensive roll but can you also give me any offensive actions you want to take with round 1.

Thanks!

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Durgil will wait until someone opens the stockade for him, otherwise he will stay put, simply unable to do anything right now.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

OOC: sorry about the delay guys, My computer puked on Friday and I just got it up and running again.

Hey doug, dont forget, Nain has the Hardy edge so he doesnt take the penalty for dazed.

IC:
Nain charges into the melee in front of the stockade still hoping that they would be able to deal with the guards before this became a full scale battle.  He swings at the Dunman with the flat of his axe with all his might.

AC +7, Specialty +2, Size +2, Faint Light -3, Winded -1
Roll(2d6)+7: 5,6,+7 Total:18 SUCCESS
Damage if not parried: Roll(2d6)+10: 5,2+10 Total:17

Initiative in case there's another round
Roll(2d6)+2: 2,6,+2 Total:10

Palandil

Initiative:
Roll(2d6)+3: 1,1,+3 Total:5
I think Fengel fell asleep....

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 29, 2006, 10:44 AM
OOC: Hey Shawn, thanks for the defensive roll but can you also give me any offensive actions you want to take with round 1.

Thanks!

OOC: Oops. For some reason, I thought his first attack was all part of the same round - sorry...

*Called shot to head - Unarmed Combat +5
Roll(2d6)+5:1,6,+5 Total:12