• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 05:55 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Nightime incursions

Started by tomcat, Aug 11, 2006, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Aug 20, 2006, 06:50 PM #30 Last Edit: Aug 24, 2006, 08:34 PM by tomcat
Things began to happen in rapid succession. Seriand had watched as his attempt to distract the two guards achieved its desired goal. The two shadows in the night had moved into positions to attack the guards on the opposite side of the stockade.

Nain and Galudir both rushed out towards their intended targets but the longer legs of the man got him there first. The rogue swung with the flat of his sword towards one of the Dunmen. The attack was on target in the dark and struck the man on the back of his neck and shoulder. It still had the affect that Galudir wished, as the guard fell to his knees with an "Ooph!"

The stunned warrior's exclamation caused his companion to turn slightly at the sound but Nain's wide axe blade found the other Dunman's back of the head and he too crumpled to the ground.

Across the stockade, Dirnhael took the opportunity to use the confusion and leapt towards the fence. Jumping the barrier, he rushed in and smote one of the two spearmen that had been engaging Seriand with non-understandable talk. Fengel was not far behind; the Eothraim easily clearing the fence and rushing to assist his captain. He too landed a heavy blow to the unsuspecting guard and the man lurched back. Fengel pressed forward to assure that the Dunman would not be waking up again until the morn.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Nikitas

Initiative Roll:
2d6= 5,1
Initiative (+5)
6+5= 11
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palandil

Aug 21, 2006, 04:28 AM #32 Last Edit: Aug 21, 2006, 04:32 AM by Palandil
Initiative: +3
Roll(2d6)+3: 2,4,+3 Total:9

Tomcat, did Fengel need to use that courage point, and if so did you mark that on the character sheet?

Stefan

Aug 21, 2006, 06:57 AM #33 Last Edit: Aug 21, 2006, 07:03 AM by Stefan
OOC: So if I fail at the called shot do I just miss or does he just not have to make that pathetic save?  I mean seriously, 5?  I have to make an 18 TN for something that he has at least an 85% chance of overcoming anyway?  that makes it seem like I should just kill him.  If I do normal damage on a called shot to his head it'll probably come off.
I think that maybe the TN should be like half of the damage that would have been done.  B/c I'm pretty sure that me hitting someone on the head with an axe handle and a +4 Str mod is gonna be more likely to knock someone out than say a rogue with the pummel of a rapier.

That being said, other than being rude these people haven't really done anything evil so I'll just spend the courage and try to subdue him.   Sorry for the delay.  I hope it doesnt mess things too badly.

Initiative
Roll(2d6)+2; 2,2 +2=6

BrianM

Aug 21, 2006, 08:37 AM #34 Last Edit: Aug 21, 2006, 11:46 AM by BrianM
[ooc]
Initiative
Roll(2d6)+2: 5,4,+2 Total:11

[ic]
Edrahil waited calmly within the stockade beside Durgil as the warriors made their attempt to overwhelm the guards. As his magic would likely rouse the entire camp, he planned to wait to see if the guards could be subdued quietly. If not, and the camp was awakened, he dearly hoped that a display of power might subdue the Dunmen before anyone was badly hurt.

The elf also prepared himself to leap the fence in case any of his comrades got into trouble.

sdrotar

Next Round Initiative:
Roll(2d6)+2:4,3,+2 Total:9
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Wiseman

Init: Roll(2d6)+2: 1,3,+2 Total:6 (Stoopid dice roller!)

His attempts to draw their attention no longer needed Seriand hopped the fence and rushed the nearest coherent guard.  A kick to the midsection his indended strike...

Unarmed Combat: Roll(2d6)+4: 5,6,+4 Total:15

tomcat

Aug 21, 2006, 05:51 PM #37 Last Edit: Aug 21, 2006, 05:54 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Stefan on Aug 21, 2006, 06:57 AM
OOC: So if I fail at the called shot do I just miss or does he just not have to make that pathetic save?  I mean seriously, 5?  I have to make an 18 TN for something that he has at least an 85% chance of overcoming anyway?  that makes it seem like I should just kill him.  If I do normal damage on a called shot to his head it'll probably come off.
I think that maybe the TN should be like half of the damage that would have been done.  B/c I'm pretty sure that me hitting someone on the head with an axe handle and a +4 Str mod is gonna be more likely to knock someone out than say a rogue with the pummel of a rapier.

That being said, other than being rude these people haven't really done anything evil so I'll just spend the courage and try to subdue him.   Sorry for the delay.  I hope it doesnt mess things too badly.

Initiative
Roll(2d6)+2; 2,2 +2=6

OOC: Yea, sorry Stefan but I think this part of the CODA rules is broken. Don't worry, I am going to give you some modifiers in the combat thread I am starting up.

Quote from: PalandilTomcat, did Fengel need to use that courage point, and if so did you mark that on the character sheet?

Hey Paul, I did not mark off that courage, but I just did. If you had done it earlier, just uncheck the one I did... sorry for getting back to you so late.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]