• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 02:18 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

New day...

Started by tomcat, Jul 05, 2006, 09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jul 05, 2006, 09:42 AM Last Edit: Jul 05, 2006, 09:48 AM by tomcat
Morning came, cloudy but rainless, and all within the Company shivered from the cool mountain winds over their damp clothes. The Dunlending warriors were rising about them and preparing their things for what would most likely be another arduous march. Still, something was different. Dirnhael had faced down the leader of the wild men the night before, and though no words had been said, he could feel that something had changed. He and his friends were left alone for the rest of the night and Edrahil had been able to supply a good deal of aid with their wounds. Even now, the Dúnadan could see the Dunlending chieftain standing a ways away and only offering he and his comrades an occasional glance.

Dirnhael's thoughts were brought back to the immediate when he heard coughing to his left. He turned to see Durgil sitting there, still a bit pale, but shaking with a wracking cough. The young Dúnadan appeared to be suffering from a cold the way he wiped at his sniffling nose. This didn't surprise Dirnhael of course; the nasty weather over the last few days was bound to get one of them sick. Add to that the wounds that a few of them had taken... he was surprised that more weren't suffering Durgil's plight.

A few feet away from the two Dúnedain, Fengel and the Elves stretched and stood in preparation to begin moving. As they did, the Dunlending spearmen again took up cautious guard around them, the tips of their weapons at the ready. Fengel stretched his arms high over his head and felt the bones in his back crack comfortably; all the while he stifled a yawn. His ears popped from the heights at which they stood but as they cleared he heard the soft sound of laughing. He turned left and right but saw none around him that looked in a gleeful mood.

"Huh?" thought the Éothraim.

OOC: I need from Durgil,  a Stamina test TN 14.

Remember, you all gain 1 Courage point back each game day so be sure and check the Status board (it will not be updated until around 7PM tonight, but you can get an idea of what you have).

As far as healing goes, even though Edrahil was successful with his tests (for most) it does not mean that any true healing was done this time... moreso that no one got worse. Still, any re-gained hit points will be on the boards tonight as well.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

TN 14 Stamina - (5+4)+3+6 Courage-3=15

The night didn't go well for Durgil as he was in and out of sleep, but once the morning came, the sunlight revived his body and mind a bit (probably thanks to the ministrations of his comrade).  The cold he had still threatened his well-being, but he knew it would pass soon enough.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Jul 06, 2006, 10:17 AM #2 Last Edit: Mar 12, 2008, 07:20 PM by tomcat
The group marched out not long after waking, and Galudir and Nain had to hurry to catch up. Their pace was pretty much the same but the Company could see that the Dunlending chieftain became more observant to the surrounding lands, always looking out towards the different points of the compass. They stuck to the low foothills of the Misty mountain spur continuing on a westerly course. The day remained grey but only the cool breeze blew, allowing everyone to dry out.

When the sun sat at just past noontime, the Dunlendings slowed their pace while a few (including the chieftain) aggressively scanned the horizon in all directions. Satisfied that there was no one about, the troop, with their captives, turned north and began to climb up a slope. They pushed into a dark evergreen forest and the rich spring smells invaded everyone's senses. The forest hushed all sound except for the creaking sound of the wind blowing through the upper boughs. It was very relaxing and Edrahil wished they could take a moment to enjoy it all, but that was not meant to be. The troop continued for what seemed another mile under the fir trees until the ridgeline was mounted and they started back down.

What they saw below was even more stunning; a beautiful clear mountain vale that was filled to an unknown depth by a lake. The surrounding peaks and grey sky above reflected in its waters. The Company were able to see rising from amongst the pine trees, thin wisps of smoke. Movement could be perceived below of a large settlement of people milling about simple homes and gardens. As they continued down, rich smells of meat cooking began to supersede the pine smell and the Company felt their stomachs grumble. They had not been offered any substantial food since they were taken captive two days ago.

Not long after, the Company was marched into the settlement and led into a makeshift stockade. Once all in, the simple gate was shut, closing them inside, and Dunmen guards took up positions around the cage. Dirnhael watched as the Dunlending chieftain that had led them all here went before two elders and began to talk. They were to far away for him to perceive what was said, not that he would have been able to understand.

The Company squatted down and tried to make themselves as comfortable as they could.

OOC: I need the following tests from Galudir and Nain:

Galudir - Stealth (Hide) – Opposed test against Dunlending Observe (Spot)

Nain – Track test TN 12

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

Jul 06, 2006, 02:03 PM #3 Last Edit: Jul 06, 2006, 02:05 PM by BrianM
Once the company was settled within the stockade, Edrahil went to each in turn, inspecting the wounds that he had treated the day before. Both Durgil and Dirnhael were showing signs that the journey had taken its toll. Durgil's cold would not do well for his recovery from his injuries. "I hope now that we've arrived they at least provide us with some lodgings of sorts", Edrahil said as he examined the bandages.

Edrahil paid particular attention to Dirnhael. It would still be too early to tell, but the elf hoped that his inability to properly treat the Dunadan had not led to infection or worse. "How are you feeling, my friend?"

BrianM

[OOC] If Dirnhael's wounds show signs of getting worse, Edrahil will try to treat them again, this time using a spell for assistance.

Nikitas

OOC: I didn't add any skill affinities this time around. Do you tell me when I should? Or should I just add them in and then you can correct me after?

Stealth (Hide) Test: 2d6 = 2+3= 5.
5 + 11 (Skill total 9 with +2 in Hide speciality) +1 (Furtive)= 17

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galudir woke the next morning and prepared a quick meal. He noticed that his travel rations were quite low, he did not expect to be away for as long as he had. If his prey did not lead him to their settlement soon he would have to scratch what he could from the hills, or, perhaps he could acquire what he needed from the Dunlanders. After allowing the party of warriors to gain some distance, Galudir began to track them once again. Wary that his prey would be watchful, Galudir took advantage of the hilly land, moving around hills instead of over them and keeping his distance.

Finally, after four days of wandering the wilderness, Galudir came upon the settlement he was seeking. Tying his horse's reins to a tree at the edge of the woods, Galudir ducked through the trees to examine the Dunlanders defenses. The more he learned, the more he could sell to the wranglers.

tomcat

Quote from: Nikitas on Jul 06, 2006, 07:00 PMOOC: I didn't add any skill affinities this time around. Do you tell me when I should? Or should I just add them in and then you can correct me after?

Stealth (Hide) Test: 2d6 = 2+3= 5.
5 + 12 (Skill total 10 with +2 in Hide speciality) +1 (Furtive)= 18

OOC: Feel free to add any affinities that you think may apply and I will review; if there are any changes I will make them, as I did above... I show your Stealth skill at +10 (7 ranks and 3 Nim bonus) +2 for your specialty and +1 for Furtive.

Dunlending Observe test:
Observe (Spot) TN 18
Observe +5, Specialty +2, No. of Observers +4
Roll(2d6)+11: 1,4,+11 Total:16 FAILED

sdrotar

Quote from: BrianM on Jul 06, 2006, 02:03 PM

Edrahil paid particular attention to Dirnhael. It would still be too early to tell, but the elf hoped that his inability to properly treat the Dunadan had not led to infection or worse. "How are you feeling, my friend?"

Dirnhael looked at his good friend and managed a smile. The wounds hurt, but he had had worse. Edrahil had repaired worse, too he thought. "Much better, thanks to your ministrations."
"How is Durgil?" he whispered. The young noble didn't look well, and Dirnhael had grown more concerned.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

He'd awakened shortly after the Dunedan and waited till they were at the very edge of his sight before riding after them.  He knew that there was no chance of keepin up but if they couldnt see him there was also no chance of them knowing that he was following.

When they turned into the forest Nain feared that he had lost them but lock favored him and he quickly found their path.  He moved as near to the village as possible without the men hearing or seeing him, looking for the rest of the party.

Track TN12
Roll (2d6) +1: 6,6 +1 = 13 (WOOHOO!!)

Wiseman

As they were thrown into the stockades Seriand bowed his head, as if praying, and silently cursed the situation.  There was very little that he could accomplish at this point.

GandalfOfBorg

"No, no need to worry," Durgil said mildly rebuffing efforts to investigate his condition further.  After a chest-wracking cough escaped him, "See, getting better already," he said with a wan smile if any could see it.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

BrianM

Quote from: sdrotar on Jul 07, 2006, 12:56 AM
"How is Durgil?" he whispered. The young noble didn't look well, and Dirnhael had grown more concerned.

"His wounds do not worry me. Durgil is strong and will recover. He has an illness from the wet conditions and lack of sleep, though. It will get worse if we are to stay here in these conditions", the elf replied, looking about the stockade.

tomcat

Jul 07, 2006, 08:35 PM #12 Last Edit: Jul 08, 2006, 04:27 PM by tomcat
As Galudir stood overlooking the Dunlending settlement, he began to hear a clattering, clicking sound off to his right coming from deeper in the woods.

OOC: I need Nain and Galudir to roll opposing Stealth and Observe tests against each other to see if one sees the other. Also, Nain will need to give me an Observe (Listen) test TN 10

The characters in the stockade are going to need to give me some varied tests that you believe will impact your situation (i.e. Insight tests to try and read what the Dunlendings are doing, Intimidate if you want to try and push our way out, or anything you guys think will help), or roleplay it out how you want.

Nikitas

Stealth Test:
2d6= 6,4
Nimbleness (+3), Skill Ranks (+7), Hide speciality (+2), Furtive +1, Survival Affinity (+1), Observe (Spot) Affinity +1
10+3+7+2+1+1+1= 25

Observe Test:
2d6= 4,6
Perception (+1),  Skill Ranks (+3)
10+1+3= 14
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Narrative to follow soon]

Stefan

OoC: I'm going to leave the narritive for after i find out the results of me rolls.

Stealth TN Opposed
Roll (2d6) +2: 4,5 +2 = 11

Observe(spot) TN Opposed
Roll (2d6)+8: 6,2 +8 = 16

Observe(Listen) TN 10
Roll (2d6)+8: 5,5 +6 =16