• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:19 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Vale attack - Round 6

Started by tomcat, Jun 07, 2006, 08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jun 07, 2006, 08:45 AM Last Edit: Jun 07, 2006, 03:20 PM by tomcat
Situation: The Company are engaged with warg-riders

Situational Modifiers: Characters will need to use one Action each round that they stay mounted to control their horses and maneuver them in combat, unless the horse has the Ability Steady or they dismount

Seriand - dismounted
Nain - dismounted

Creature Stats: Minor Orcs will be 4 HIT creatures with 1 Courage each; Wargs are 6 HIT creatures with 1 Courage each; Graush and the Shaman will be standard hit points - damage to Mook creatures will be based on DOS as follows: Failure 1 HIT, Complete Failure 2 HITS, and Disastrous Failure 3 HITS

Physical Modifiers: Wargs and Riders will suffer a -1 due to Intimidation; Shaman is Dazed -1; Dirnhael is Dazed -1; Durgil is Dazed -1; Nain is Dazed -1

Initiative:
Seriand 13
Durgil 12
Dirnhael 11
Nain 10
Orcs/Wargs 9
Edrahil 8
Fengel 6

*remember to include the next round's initiative at the end of your post and also to check to see your current Courage point status

Battle picture to be posted as soon as I complete the defenses in Round 5....
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

1) Control horse
2) Attack O7 ... AC: Swords (Longsword) - (5+3)+6+2+3-1=18

"Silivren, you shall drink your fill!"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Jun 07, 2006, 08:22 PM #2 Last Edit: Jun 07, 2006, 08:24 PM by sdrotar
OOC: I'm formulating my plan for the round here:
I'm assuming that Seriand and Edrahil can finish off the remaining Warg with no problems, so I'd like to take advantage of  my Initiative this round and help Durgil with his pile 'o baddies.

What do I need to do if I want go all Eomer-style on the shaman and just run his you-know-what over with my horse at full speed?

Even better, could I plow over Graush and then continue on my merry little way to trample the shaman later in the round? (evil grin)
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

Actions:
Attack #1 on Orc 9
Roll(2d6)+9: 5,4,+9 Total: 18
DMG Roll(2d6)+10: 5,4,+10 Total: 19

Attack #2 on Warg 9 Assuming Orc 9 is dead.
Roll(2d6)+9: 4,4,+9 Total: 17
DMG Roll(2d6)+10: 5,4,+10 Total: 19

Initiative Rd 3
Roll(2d6)+2: 2,2,+2 Total: 6

Wiseman

Blades in hand Seriand struck at the last remaining Warg, hoping to finish him quickly and aid his fellows as their tore into the enemy archers.

Attack 1: Roll(2d6)+10: 1,6,+10 Total:17
Attack 2: Roll(2d6)+10: 5,3,+10 Total:18

Next Init: Roll(2d6)+2: 6,5,+2 Total:13  (Ok seriously, why can I get such amazing Init rolls and I never get those rolls when I need them on stamina and such!)

tomcat

Jun 10, 2006, 09:57 PM #5 Last Edit: Jun 13, 2006, 04:22 PM by tomcat
The battle was quickly beginning to turn in the Company's favour, as both Orc and Warg fell to their steel. With his rank dwindling, Graush began to contemplate a way out of the struggle.

W2 attempts to Dodge Seriand TN 17
Dodge +3, Swiftness +3, Wounded -7
Roll(2d6)+-1: 1,1,-1 Total:1 DISASTROUS FAILURE (3 HITS - KILLED)
Shawn, Seriand may re-work his second action if you want

O7 attempts to parry Durgil TN 18
AC +8, Specialty +2, PB +1, Wounded -1
Roll(2d6)+10: 1,5,+10 Total:16 FAILED (1 HIT)

O9 attempts to parry Nain TN 18:
AC +8, Specialty +2, PB +1, Wounded -5
Roll(2d6)+6: 3,6,+6 Total:15 FAILED (1 HIT - KILLED)

W9 attempts to Dodge Nain TN 17:
Dodge +3, Swi +3
Roll(2d6)+6: 2,2,+6 Total:10 FAILED (2 HITS)

Quote from: DirnhaelOOC: I'm formulating my plan for the round here:
I'm assuming that Seriand and Edrahil can finish off the remaining Warg with no problems, so I'd like to take advantage of  my Initiative this round and help Durgil with his pile 'o baddies.

What do I need to do if I want go all Eomer-style on the shaman and just run his you-know-what over with my horse at full speed?

Even better, could I plow over Graush and then continue on my merry little way to trample the shaman later in the round? (evil grin)

OOC: Hey Shawn, Dirnhael would just have to give me a Charge attack to drive his horse into either Graush or the Shaman. It will cost you three actions. Just as a note to Stefan, the reason Nain was waylaid on his charge is because he was on foot compared to being on a large mount.

As soon as you guys adjust your second actions (if you want) and Shawn gives me Dirnhael's actions, I will continue the round.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

Seeing his blade fell the last beast Seriand started to run for the archer group.

sdrotar

Jun 11, 2006, 04:59 PM #7 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2006, 10:46 AM by sdrotar
Dirnhael spurred his steed and wondered which way to turn.
Durgil was engaged with three foes, and one of them appeared to be some sort of spellcaster by his stance - more regal, if such a thing could ever be said of Orcs.
Nain stood against what could only be the leader, a larger Orc with more ornamentation on his clothing than the others.
Durgil needed the help, to be sure, but Orcs were rabble - the loss of their leader often ended a skirmish quickly.

At last moment possible, Dirnhael made his decision, steering his horse to the right and lowering Vorandur parallel to the hard ground as the horse thundered across it toward the Orc shaman.

Charge Shaman: AC (Longsword) +13, Specialty +2, Charge +1, Warwise +1, Vorandur +3 = +20
Roll(2d6)+20:3,5,+20 Total:28

Damage: 2d6+7, Strength +1:
Roll(2d6)+8:3,3,+8 Total:14 x 1.5 (Charge bonus) = 21

Next Round Initiative: Roll(2d6)+2: 3,6,+2 Total:11 - OOC: Woo-hoo!

Stefan

OOC: I was under the impression that the orc archers were mounted and that I would attack the warg mount if the orc died but if that's not the case then just change it to attack Graush since he's handy :)

tomcat

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 12, 2006, 03:46 AM
OOC: I was under the impression that the orc archers were mounted and that I would attack the warg mount if the orc died but if that's not the case then just change it to attack Graush since he's handy :)

OOC: Oops! Sorry man, I missed that. I will fix it when I post later on today.

tomcat

Jun 13, 2006, 04:59 PM #10 Last Edit: Jun 13, 2006, 05:05 PM by tomcat
Shaman attempts to parry Dirnhael with his staff TN 28:
AC +5, PB +1, Specialty +2, Wounded -1
Roll(2d6)+7: 1,5,+7 Total:13 (2 COURAGE) Complete Failure Damage: 21 - 1 for Tough Skin = 20

It was heard before anything else - it started as a low cry but then quickly grew in volume causing all combatants to take pause long enough to see. Graush looked past the diminutive Dwarf before him to see the source of the sound and saw many Men charging up the hill. They carried great spears as they ran, and shouted a great war cry.

The Orc leader was already seeing his small troop being picked apart by the warriors that he had so rashly attacked - his deceptive maneuver working only for the briefest of moments - and now came a great number more. Were they with this group on horse? Were the horse-riders advance scouts? In any case, the odds were no longer in his favour.

Suddenly Dirnhael winded past Nain and Graush to circle around Durgil's position to smash into the shaman. The attack was quite successful and the Orc spell weaver fell to the ground from the vicious blow. The shaman writhed on his back in apparent pain and Graush knew that he now had lost his remaining asset. It was time to break off the attack and save what he could of his riders.

"INRAS THÛ!" yelled the Orc cheiftain, to which all of his followers heard, and those who could, obeyed. When the opportunity was theirs, the Warg-riders broke from the attack and raced north and east towards the mountains.

OOC: The Orcs will use their initiative this round to run - at least those that can. Those that can't include the shaman, warg 9, and Orc/Warg 7. All others run... the PC's may take 1 ACTION as an attack of opportunity and let them escape their melee reach, or may pursue - your choices.

Wiseman

Seriand had been tasked with finding these foul beast, and when possible tearing them asunder.  So when the opportunity to strike one of the fleeing combatants arose he struck without mercy, his blade seeking to finish the foe.

Attack: Roll(2d6)+10:  4,5,+10 Total:19

sdrotar

The shaman was felled with a sickening crunch, and Dirnhael knew that he had badly wounded his foe.
Just then, he heard the Orc leader call to his men, and as one of the rabble scampered by, Dirnhael swung his blade from atop his mount in a backhanded motion, hoping to rid this land of yet another vile creature in one clean stroke...

Attack Orc 8: AC (Longsword) +13, Specialty +2, Warwise +1, Vorandur +3 = +19
Roll(2d6)+19: 6,4,+19 Total:29  - OOC: There we go!

GandalfOfBorg

Jun 14, 2006, 04:15 AM #13 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2006, 04:17 AM by GandalfOfBorg
Not about to let a foe flee, Durgil turns and slashes at the other orc blocking his way to the shaman.

AC: Longsword - (5+4)+6+2+3-1+3 Courage =22

OOC: I'll use my last point of courage if necessary to cut the fleeing orc down.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Palandil

Jun 14, 2006, 06:48 AM #14 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2006, 07:07 AM by Palandil
Fengel was glad to see the orcs retreat.  They were badly beaten and would surely be licking there wounds for some time.  He felt no need to strike them again, rather his attention was turned to the band of warriors coming toward them.  Obviously the orc were afraid of them, but they had no news of friendly warriors in this area.  Turning Heostor he tries to determine who they are as he trots forward to meet them.

Observe (Spot)
+2Observe, +2(spot), +1 per.
Roll(2d6)+5: 4,1,+5 Total:10