• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:34 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Vale attack - Round 4

Started by tomcat, May 16, 2006, 04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The Company are atop their horses and six warg-riders are coming up the slope at them

Situational Modifiers: Characters will need to use one Action each round that they stay mounted to control their horses and maneuver them in combat, unless the horse has the Ability Steady

Seriand - dismounted
Nain - dismounted

Creature Stats: Minor Orcs will be 4 HIT creatures with 1 Courage each; Wargs are 6 HIT creatures with 1 Courage each; Graush and the Shaman will be standard hit points - damage to Mook creatures will be based on DOS as follows: Failure 1 HIT, Complete Failure 2 HITS, and Disastrous Failure 3 HITS

Physical Modifiers: None

Initiative:
Fengel 20
Seriand 13
Nain 12
Dirnhael 10
Durgil 9
Orcs/Wargs 8
Edrahil 7

*remember to include the next round's initiative at the end of your post

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

OOC: From Palandil in the previous round moved to current

His Spear drove deep within the warg, bringing the foul beast down.  Fengel then saw to his surprise the orc's had planned well their attack, as orc archers had come up behind them.  "Take heed! Archers behind you!"  He calls to his comrades.  Just then an arrow flew by him, he quickly dodged a second.  He sees that Dirnhael had dispatched his attackers.  "Dirnhael, we must confront the archers!"   Grabbing his spear and giving a quick jerk, he removed it from the dead warg.  He then spurred Heostor over to Nain, charging the riderless beast.

Action 1 & 2: Charge attack
Charge +1; AC+2; Spear+2; Nim+1; Warwise+3; Fell-handed+1
Roll(2d6)+10: 5,4,+10 Total:19

Action 3: reserve (dodge if necessary)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

May 18, 2006, 05:40 AM #2 Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 07:03 PM by Wiseman
Seriand felt the battle may turn in the next few moments, whether it turned for the good or bad would be decided by their actions.  The blade in his hand felt as if it would be directed by the fates of his forefathers.  The warg nearest him had to be dispatched quickly so he could move onto other enemies, and the riders would be able to attack the archers before they were torn to shreds...

Attack 1 (W6): Roll(2d6)+10: 4,3,+10 Total:17 (I will use a courage if need to to finish the creature off)
Attack 2 (W5): Roll(2d6)+10: 6,3,+10 Total:19 (Hopefully I don't have to use a move action for this as well.

Init: Roll(2d6)+2: 6,5,+2 Total:13  OOC: At least the init gods like me.

GandalfOfBorg

May 18, 2006, 05:58 AM #3 Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 09:03 AM by GandalfOfBorg
Knowing someone's got to do something about the archers, Durgil wheels his steed around and charges down the archers.  "Elendil!" he cries, holding his blood-stained sword aloft.

Action 1 - AC: Blades (Longsword) - (6+2)+6+2+3-5=16 to attack O2
Action 2 - Control horse
Rochithuin's Run test (3+1)+3+9=16
Action 3 - Initmidate (Power) - (6+5)+4+2+3 Courage-5=15

Init - (2+2)+2=6
OOC: Argh!  screwed again LOL
OOC: What would the penalty/TN modifier be to attack an enemy's weapon?  Say I want to break his bow
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

Without time to think about how to deal with the archers behind him he did the only thing that he could.  He carefully circled around the warg that he was fighting with, hoping to use the creatures much larger body for cover, all the while parrying any attacks that the creature might throw.  He knew that the creature was evil and intelligent and he hoped that it would think that the last attack it had landed had changed the dwarf's tactics instead of the arrows in his back.

Actions:
Circle around the warg so that it's between Nain and the archers (hoping for cover)

Parry any attacks by the warg.
Roll (2d6)+10: 3,6,+10 Total = 19

Init Rd 5
Roll (2d6)+2:  4,3,+2 Total = 9

sdrotar

May 18, 2006, 08:49 AM #5 Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 07:12 AM by tomcat
Dirnhael heard Fengel's call, but he was engaged with the wounded and now more dangerous Warg. He heard Durgil's cry a moment later and glimpsed the two men thundering across the short distance to the archers.

"Go!" Dirnhael shouted above the din as he heard Nain grunt with pain. He saw the wounded Dwarf circle, placing the Warg in the line of fire instead of himself. Dirnhael smirked; his Dwarven friend was cunning...
He could not leave, archers or no, the Wargs were too dangerous... and he had a score to settle with this one.

OOC: Dirnhael will follow Nain's lead and attempt to circle around, placing the Warg in the archer's line of fire (although Dirnhael's still on horseback, so he's likely to be somewhat less covered then Nain).

Action 1 -- Control Horse

Action 2 -- Attack nearest Warg -- Roll: AC (Longsword) +13, Warwise, +1, Vorandur +3, Specialty +2 = +19
Roll(2d6)+19:6,6,(5),+19 Total:36 - OOC: Woo-hoo! Can't remember the last time double-sixes came up for me!

Action 3 -- move to Edrahil

Action 4 -- Attack nearest Warg Roll(2d6)+19:6,5,+19 Total:30 - OOC: Wow. Good rolls. I now expect my next round Initiative to be 4... ;)

Action 5 -- Attack nearest Enemy--  +14 Roll(2d6)+14:1,6,+11 Total:21

Dirnhael swung his blade with ferocity, driving the enemy back. As he watched Seriand rush to Nain's aid, Dirnhael wheeled his mount around and charged toward those challenging Edrahil, Vorandur already flying through the air with malice as he arrived.

Next round Initiative: Roll(2d6)+2:1,3,+2 Total:6 - OOC: I was close... :(

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Fengel charges in on Warg 5, it tries to Dodge TN 19
Dodge +3, Swiftness +3, Wounded -1
ACTION 1
Roll(2d6)+5: 1,2,+5 Total:8 FAILED (3 HITS +1 for Charge = 4 HITS... KILLED)

Warg 6 tries to Dodge Seriand's attacks TN 17 and 19
Dodge +3, Swiftness +3, Wounded -5
ACTION 1
Roll(2d6)+1: 3,6,+1 Total:10 FAILED (2 HITS... KILLED)

Warg 3 tries to Dodge Dirnhael's attack TN 36
Dodge +3, Swiftness +3, Wounded -7
ACTION 1
Roll is pointless... the beast's head is severed and its body falls to the ground.

Orc 2 tries to Dodge Durgil's attack TN 16
Dodge +3, Swiftness +3
ACTION 1
Roll(2d6)+6: 5,6,+6 Total:17 SUCCESS

OOC: I am going to allow Seriand, Nain, and Dirnhael to re-tool their posts if they wish too, as their opponents were swiftly slain with the first attacks. Shawn D., just remember that your 1st ACTION was used to keep control of your mount.

See the map below to determine character locations and current situation...

sdrotar

May 22, 2006, 08:24 PM #7 Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:26 PM by sdrotar
OOC: I'll still have Dirnhael continue on towards Edrahil and help engage his foes, so I think my actions will still hold up...

I would like to know a few things, if allowable, though:
1) Is Dirnhael harder for the archers to hit on horseback, or dismounted with his shield at the ready?
2) How quickly could he cover the distance between where he is and where the archers are on horseback? On foot?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

OOC: Wow, I didnt even attack and he was slain, Who's the DWARF!?!, Nain's the DWARF!!

quick question, is there any cover between us and the orcs on the hill?

Wiseman

May 23, 2006, 04:54 AM #9 Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:50 AM by Wiseman
Seriand turns quickly and rushes to the nearest living enemy.  "Riders attack their main host, the dwarf and I shall finish our work here!"

Action: Move to nearest enemy.  If there are no enemies alive in this group I will draw my bow.

tomcat

May 23, 2006, 09:49 AM #10 Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 07:08 AM by tomcat
OOC:

Quote from: sdrotar on May 22, 2006, 08:24 PM
OOC: I'll still have Dirnhael continue on towards Edrahil and help engage his foes, so I think my actions will still hold up...

I would like to know a few things, if allowable, though:
1) Is Dirnhael harder for the archers to hit on horseback, or dismounted with his shield at the ready?
2) How quickly could he cover the distance between where he is and where the archers are on horseback? On foot?

On your actions, very good, I will finish the Enemy defenses based on what you have posted... to your questions:

1) Dirnhael is harder to hit with his shield by +3 whether mounted or not, but because his back was to the new foes he lost any shield benefit. The end of this round should change that.
2) On horseback, horses walk at 12 yards costing 1 ACTION (or 36'); 12 yards x4 for the costs of 2 ACTIONS (or 148') - requires a Run test TN 5. Humans can run 18 yards (54') for the cost of 1 ACTION and requires Run test TN 5.

Quote from: NainQuick question, is there any cover between us and the orcs on the hill?

Besides the corpses of orcs and wargs, there is some low scrub plants that might offer some cover.

Palandil

May 23, 2006, 10:20 AM #11 Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:23 AM by Palandil
Fengel dealt the warg a crushing blow, and again the beast fell.  Pulling his spear free once more, he places it in his shield hand and extends his now free hand to Nain who had a look of surprise.  "Shall we kill some orc archers master dwarf?!"

Initiative
Roll(2d6)+3: 2,2,+3 Total:7

Stefan

OOC: ok, revision of the previous post.

IC: As the Worg falls in front of him Nain moves around behind the corpse for cover from the arrows of the orcs behind him.  He waits for a moment till they had fired and were reloading then runs up the hill at them attempting to use what cover is there to avoid their arrows on the way.

Actions:
Circle around the warg so that it's between Nain and the archers (hoping for cover)

Pause for the orcs to fire then run up the hill.

Init Rd 5
Roll (2d6)+2:  4,3,+2 Total = 9

tomcat

OOC: Okay, now that your posts are corrected, I can finish the enemy defensive moves and give you all of their attacks.

W1 defends against Dirnhael's attack TN 30 and 21 (YEAH RIGHT!!!):
Dodge +3, Swiftness +3, (Wounded -3)
ACTION 1
Roll(2d6)+6: 4,2,+6 Total:12 FAILED  (3 HITS)
ACTION 2
Roll(2d6)+6: 6,6,+3,+2 Total:17 (1 HIT)

The attacks I will be posting in a little while... so stay tuned to this thread. ;D

Palandil

OOC: Stefan, Fengel is gesturing for Nain to get up on his horse so the two could close the distance faster and engage the orc archers.  Did you not catch my post?