• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 01:06 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Night passes

Started by tomcat, Apr 14, 2006, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiseman

OOC: Seeing how bad the dwarf SUCKS at riding, would it be possible for us good riders to give him a helping hand as we're riding along?

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil wasn't so sure at his newfound companions assessment.  Wargs were creatures of supernatural power and if indeed they were on their trail, the weather would have to worsen far more than it was for them to lose it.  He double-checked his weapons and rode with his bow out and ready -- this was not the time for chances to be taken.

TN 12 Stamina - (5+4)+3=14
TN 12 Ride (Horse) - (3+3)+4+2=12
TN 16 Observe (Spot) - (5+4)+3+2+3 Courage=17

Durgil rides out front, searching out a easier path for the struggling dwarf and pony. Uncomfortable in the rocky hills of this land, Rochithuin empathizes with Jethro's plight, especially considering his rider.  She gives a whinny, doing what she can to keep his spirits up, along with hers and the others, while carefully navigating the slippery path in the rain.

Inspire - (5+5)+1=11
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 15, 2006, 05:00 AM
OOC: I want the following tests from everyone:

Stamina TN 12 - After the last 3 days of travel, and the constant worry of attack, may have caused some to not sleep very well. A Failure means -1 Weariness, Complete Failure -2 Weariness, Disastrous Failure -3 Weariness
Ride TN 12 - any Disastrous Failure results will bode ill for the mount on the slippery mountain valley.
Opposed Observe (Spot) TN 16

*Stamina test (TN 12) Stamina +3, Tireless +4 = +7
Roll(2d6)+7: 1,5,+7 Total:13 - SUCCESS

*Ride test (TN 12) Ride +7, Specialty (Horse) +2 = +9
Roll(2d6)+9: 6,6,(4)+9 Total:25 - SUCCESS (OOC: My horse may actually have been skipping and humming happily! LOL)

*Observe (Spot) (TN16) +3, Specialty +2 = +5
Roll(2d6)+5: 4,3,+5 Total:12 - FAIL

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: NainI wonder if I can give Jethro points in Carry (Pathetic Rider)?

Quote from: SeriandOOC: Seeing how bad the dwarf SUCKS at riding, would it be possible for us good riders to give him a helping hand as we're riding along?

OOC: Stefan... that is a good idea! I can see that as a potential advancement if we get into that for the animals.

Shawn W... No. Unfortunately, this comes down to the skill of the rider and his ability to guide his horse. You could lead Nain's pony by taking the reins, but I do not think the headstrong Dwarf would go for that - insult enough as it is to even be on the beast, but to also be guided!

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

Apr 18, 2006, 09:53 AM #19 Last Edit: Apr 18, 2006, 04:31 PM by tomcat
Quote from: tomcat on Apr 18, 2006, 09:41 AM
Quote from: NainI wonder if I can give Jethro points in Carry (Pathetic Rider)?

Quote from: SeriandOOC: Seeing how bad the dwarf SUCKS at riding, would it be possible for us good riders to give him a helping hand as we're riding along?

OOC: Stefan... that is a good idea! I can see that as a potential advancement if we get into that for the animals.

Shawn W... No. Unfortunately, this comes down to the skill of the rider and his ability to guide his horse. You could lead Nain's pony by taking the reins, but I do not think the headstrong Dwarf would go for that - insult enough as it is to even be on the beast, but to also be guided!

Good point.  And if he falls off his mount then Seriand would make the offer to guide the pony, now whether the headstrong fool would accept the offer...

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Would any inspire via a PC or animal companion help (such as given in my last post)?
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Apr 18, 2006, 06:58 PM
OOC: Would any inspire via a PC or animal companion help (such as given in my last post)?

OOC: Yes, it would work Matt... sorry for not getting back on that. But, I would require that the Inspire test result equal the TN necessary (just as it is needed to match or beat the opposed Intimidate example as given in the book). Degree of success would then grant a +1, +2 or +3 accordingly on another attempt at the skill (or more if I am feeling generous). ;D

In any case, Nain pulled off a roll that did not cause him any major difficulties - if it had been a disastrous failure, Jethro would have fallen out from under him.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: No prob... I figured that after the fact hehe... mind's been slow of late (working on my website and writing HOF articles at the time)
Gwaithlim Weapons