• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 10:20 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Re-Taking the Carrock - Round 2

Started by Eclecticon, Dec 21, 2023, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Situation: The Fellowship has dispatched the hunting party closest to them, but more are surely on the way, drawn by the howling and clash of arms... 

Combat Advantage dice:
• Esgalwen 0/0
• Gwaithlim 0/2
• Hathcyn 1/1
• Luindîs 0/0

Situation Modifiers:
• The Fellowship has the initiative.

Physical Modifiers (complications):
• The western bank of the Anduin is lightly wooded and cover is easy to find.  All ranged attacks are made at +2 to the Target Number

PC/NPC  :+~:PARRY  :<>:ARMOUR  :vv:HOPE  :<3:END  :-X-:STANCE  :##:STATUS
Esgalwen
Gwaithlim
Hathcyn
Luindîs
• 6 (:<|: n/a)
• 7 (:<|: n/a)
• 7 (:<|: n/a)
• 5 (:<|: n/a)
• 2d+1 (:C|: n/a)
• 3d (:C|: n/a)
• 3d (:C|: +4)
• 1d
• 14/15
• 10/13
• 10/14
• 9/12
• 23/27
• 30/30
• 29/29
• 22/27
Forward
Rearward
Open
Rearward

SHAKEN

ENEMY  :+~:PARRY  :<>:ARMOUR  :@:HATE  :<3:END  :csu:NOTES
Bronze-helmed warrior
White-haired man
Large youth
Braid-bearded warrior
Savage man
• 2d+4
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
DEAD 
Fled
DEAD
DEAD
DEAD

STANCES
:-X-:Forward
- action order 1

Close combat
TN 6+ parry
Forward
Maneuvers
:-->:Open
- action order 2

Close combat
TN 9+ parry
Open
Maneuvers
:<|:Defensive
- action order 3

Close combat
TN 12+ parry
Defensive
Maneuvers
:<->:Rearward
- action order 4

Ranged combat
TN 12+ parry
Must be 2 other PC's
in Close Combat; May not
use if outnumbered 2:1

Rearward
Maneuvers
:<>:From any Stance

Escape combat
Must start in Rearward or roll
TN 10 + highest attribute level of opponents Athletics roll.
On success, may safely flee from the scene of combat
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: With your last foe taken to his heels, you now have a few moments to take any action you want to get ready for the next to approach.  Time is short, though.

Character sheet

tomcat

Esgalwen listened to the sounds of the enemy's approach, and looked about for what the terrain did offer. The ways taught her by her kinsmen in the south, great Ranger captains that guarded the Mountains of Shadow sprang to her mind. "With their greater numbers, we cannot defend in place, but we can use the brush and groves to give us cover, to ambush, and then secret away if we must."

Knowing, too, that her sword would serve her better allowing the Elves to keep rearward, she quickly dismantled her own bow and then took Nimronyn in two hands.

:ooc: I know your round setup already states there is advantageous cover to be found, I am just adding the narrative/dialogue above for flavour.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Gwaithlim surveils the land.  He knows they should move but if there are more than a few bands of Men hunting them, then they will need a place in which that they can better defend... maybe a little high ground like a small prominence in which they could more easily hold out.

:ooc:
Maybe a little help from Fierce as he is not looking to back down from the fight.
 :00:
Battle -  1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

Welp, there you go another might elf failure. (-D
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

Hathcyn looked around him and checked that the dead and dying were not known to him. He had no doubt that there were more foes upon the shore in search of them. His night run had not gone unnoticed and now they sought to slay him in the waking world.
Now, even now, though trouble seemed thick about him he realized his plan was working. The marauders of the north had drifted from their path of destruction because the bait of revenge was stronger. They hated the Beornings, but he also guessed that two names had been used to stoke the fires of hate, the son of Beorn and his own. His hand had burned the hall of Viglund, his words had shamed the chieftain's son those many years ago, and he had wed the daughter of that people. The gem of their tribe that had recalled the days of old and had shone all the brighter due to their fall. Hathcyn had taken that too. Their pride, their treasure, and their honor. He was the bait in the trap they couldnt resist and each moment they hunted him was another that Grimbeorn could rally the people.

He whispered, "I asked for a chance to fight. The Master of the Great Hunt has answered it."

The elf heard these words and wondered what fey  dweomer was upon the man for reason had seemed to leave him. 

He spoke again louder so that his friends could hear.

"Now it comes, now approaches the time
of the great struggle. Stand clear and seek you a place of hiding if you wish. For now the Forest Helm stands for his people and wins a father or looses his life."

He reached for the ram horn at his side. A gift of the line of Durin and always did it ring clear like the call of a ram echoing between the saddle of mountain peaks.

A loud clear note sounded. It bounced from water to tree, from carrock to the listener and shook the sky.

"I AM HERE! I AM HATHCYN FORESTHELM! HOLMGANG! HOLMGANG! I have wrapped myself in the blue cloak and come forth to challenge Viglund! Let my wife-father come forth and embrace me as son or fight me as man!"

The horn fell and his hand stroked the black hair braided torc at his neck clasped with a silver fox and mouse as he whispered, "forgive me if your father dies, or in my folly I cant make peace." 

OOC: i'm going to spend my battle die to use an action. Intimidate. I'll roll inspire and use the horn +1. I'm trying to issue the challenge cow the minions into respecting the customs. Mechanically its an Awe roll but both stats are the same and the fox ring gives me a +1 to awe. The horn just seems cooler.  Dice, dont fail me now.
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3

Rolled 3d6+1 : 4, 3, 6 + 1, total 14
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Clear as the note of the horn, Hathcyn's voice rings out through the wood, and across the wide Anduin.  Bright is the day, even here in the dappled shade of the forest leaves, and so Hathcyn himself is puzzled to see first one and two of the northern men, then half a dozen at once, burst into view and immediately hesitate and slowly withdraw.  He thinks, at first, that it is merely the sight of their slain kinsmen that moves them to do so. 

The others, however, stand amazed.  Gwaithlim's thoughts of finding defensible ground are momentarily forgotten and Esgalwen's ideas of hiding and lying in wait are set aside, for they can see the light blazing forth from the adamant stone set upon the Beorning's helm, shining forth like a star brought down to earth. 

No trick of the sunlight is this, the elder Elf realises, but magic of the elder days brought forth anew!

:ooc: I have been waiting so long for Hathcyn to do that.  Further story to follow tomorrow! 

Character sheet