• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 05:34 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Heart of the Bear-Folk (redux)

Started by Eclecticon, Dec 13, 2023, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

As Hathcyn begins to stir, Esgalwen marks with silent thanks the end of her long watch.  One third part of the night is a lot longer than one fourth, when I have to sit awake through it! 

No sooner has she had this thought, though, than Mannish voices begin to carry to the Fellowship's hidden camp from the direction of the Carrock.  At first, they are indistinct shouts empty of any meaning.  But even by the time that Gwaithlim and Luindîs have readied themselves, words begin to be clearly heard, though not in the Westron tongue but that of the Vales. 

"Come forth, Fox!" the northerners call.  "Come forth and be known!  You led a good chase, now let us see you on two legs!"
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Hathcyn's eyes opened into the gloom of the morning. He heard the call of the wolves again, but also he saw that Esgalwen still stood to her watch.

"Ever have our enemies been before us these past days. Narrowly did I escape another trap set by our foes. They harrow the spirit world as fully as the waking on. My trial was not in vain, for I find the land of the Greenstone guarded. Indeed the Firewatcher himself has come to my aid and repaid my in kind, even now he sits the watch at my door. A true friend and brave."

The Longspear slowly stood, "but our enemies have found us here I am afraid. I thought to disrupt the plans of our foes with my challenge and now we see the foe before us. In this perhaps our designs have worked. These wolves have hunted us in the spirit and in the waking world and so perhaps others have been spared. I believe battle is upon us and we go now to fight spirit and beast."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

"Then let us go at once," says Luindîs, already drawing and nocking an arrow, "and let it be a battle such as shall be sung of in hearths far from here in miles and years alike!" 

:ooc: In the interests of maximising player agency, I'll give you all a chance to react before Luindîs does something impulsive and spoils any plan you may be making.  Otherwise, things are going to get quite hectic (as the young folks say) quite quickly.

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: Yeah I think the mic was dropped in this donnie brook.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Dec 18, 2023, 06:53 PM #4 Last Edit: Dec 18, 2023, 06:58 PM by Eclecticon
A war cry sounding from her throat like the clap of a bell, Luindîs leaps forth from the concealment of the camp.  Seeing no alternative, the rest of the Fellowship follows her to battle. 

:ooc: Some quick rolls for advantage dice!
Esgalwen
:00: 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7

Gwaithlim
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8

Hathcyn
:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 5, 4, total 11

Luindîs
:00: 1d12 : 8, total 8

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: That's two dice to Gwaithlim and one to Hathcyn.  Esgalwen's mind appears to be elsewhere and Luindîs has no idea what she's doing.

Character sheet

Telcontar

Quote from: Eclecticon on Dec 18, 2023, 06:59 PM:ooc: Luindîs has no idea what she's doing.

LOL thanks Paul, that's shinning through =)
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear