• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 08:37 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Descent

Started by tomcat, Jan 15, 2006, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

OOC: I am not sure if Kory is still playing, but I am going to post for Nain until I hear from him.

Nain was proud of himself for having packed up his pony in expectation of departing Bree - now it seems his efforts were not in vain. The Dwarf quickly sprinted out of the Barrow and down the hill only to return minutes later with a good length of sturdy rope in hand. He quickly secured one end to one of the heavy wooden statues and let the other fall down into the darkness. This done, Nain looked up at his comrades with a questioning gaze... who would go first?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

OOC: I'll let Kory know he is back up, he's been really busy with work the past couple months.

Seriand looked to the others as the rope was secured.  With his wits nearly shot Seriand still knew that it was his fault Edrahil was alone.  "I shall go first."  With a heavy hand Seriand reached for the roap and began his decent...

sdrotar

Dirnhael nodded to Seriand, and when the Elf reached the bottom, he dropped a torch for him to catch.
The Dunadan quickly slid down the rope after him and readied his sword and shield.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Just to reiterate, Durgil will be the last to go down.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

OOC: Sorry for disappearing, As Shawn mentioned it's been crazy around here.  I'll try to keep up.

IC:
Not to be outdone by his companions, Especially an Elf, Nain followed quickly down the rope.  As he reached the bottom he unslung his axe.  It may be of little use against the denizens of the barrow if the were to take offence at the presence of the living, but it helped ward off the fear that the place seemed to exude.

Palandil

OOC: Are you guys ignoring my posts, or have they just been stupid?  Fengel has asked a few important questions and no one wants to answer.

Wiseman

Quote from: Palandil on Jan 16, 2006, 06:42 AM
OOC: Are you guys ignoring my posts, or have they just been stupid?  Fengel has asked a few important questions and no one wants to answer.

OOC: I think they've just been missed by us...sorry man.

tomcat

Quote from: Palandil on Jan 16, 2006, 06:42 AM

OOC: Nothing you have written is stupid at all Palandil, get that junk outta your brain. As Wiseman said, I think people have just missed them and at times you might need to reiterate. But as far as your posts go in the last thread:

1) I think the only thing needing answered that wasn't is you taking the 'treasures' and trying to draw off the Wights. I will leave that for your comrades here to discuss with you, but otherwise we should be square.

In either case, people are starting down the rope and here is my question to you all - are you guys going down to the bottom level? or to the second?

Let me know...

Tomcat
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

OOC: Seriand is going to the 2nd level.  Make sure he's not there and then we might proceed down to 3rd.

tomcat

OOC: Cool, that is all I needed to know for my next narrative - expect it tonight (or later this afternoon).

Thanks

sdrotar

Jan 16, 2006, 10:04 AM #10 Last Edit: Jan 16, 2006, 10:06 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: Wiseman on Jan 16, 2006, 08:17 AM
OOC: Seriand is going to the 2nd level.  Make sure he's not there and then we might proceed down to 3rd.

OOC: Wiseman - Makes sense to me. Take it one level at a time.

Stefan - Nice to have you back! :)

Palandil - Certainly wasn't ignoring you, bud. I forgot to respond about the "treasures" one... it was in my head, but I got busy with work and forgot to post. Sorry. I think that once the wights have captured the living, they generally prefer to use them in rituals - ones that turn out bad for the living. ;) At this point, while they'd certainly like their goodies back, we may be more in need of Fengel's sword than anything else. That's my two cents, at least.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Palandil

OOC: Ok, sorry for the whining.

Fengel Stands guard with Durgil, as the others decend the rope.  Then with a nod to Durgil he sheaths Cerduil and swings out over the edge.

GandalfOfBorg

With a heavy sigh, Durgil puts away his weapon, quickly descends as soon as the way is clear.  Once he is able, he draws his blade once more.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

OOC: Nains just following the Elf.  And his excuse about not answering the questions about treasures is that he was out getting the rope ;)

tomcat

Jan 18, 2006, 07:13 AM #14 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2006, 07:16 AM by tomcat
OOC: Sorry for the delay! Been busy...

Hey Palandil to answer one of your questions a bit ago, Edrahil has placed the enchantment on everyone in the Company (but Nain, cuz he hadn't joined yet) with the ability of Calling. This allows said individual to call to Edrahil and he will hear although he may be to far away to do anyting about it. It doesn't happen in reverse though; the only way he could call to you is by using Farspeaking.

Seriand's feet come to rest 10' down on a second level of the barrow hill; presumably the second barrow that could be seen from the outside. The torch held over his head, the Elf looked about while next Dirnhael and then Nain came down, to only be followed by Fengel and Durgil. The Eothraim still had the bag of trinkets grasped in his fist.

The group, now with two torches lighting their surrounds, looked around and saw a less formal and what appeared to be a much older burial chamber. It was round room with nothing within except a large, mottled, wooden sarcophagus. The ornamentation that was ensconced on its sides was now faded and rotten, although traceries of silver and gold could still be seen shining through. There was a lone passage similar to the one that the Company had entered above that extended out towards a mortared seal - the outside world.

A sudden child's scream brought everyone back to the moment, and not a couple left the floor as they jumped from the cry. Nain, watching the next hole in the floor to an even lower barrow, saw a darker shadow move below in the glow of the torch in his hand and the mystic light that may have come from Edrahil.