• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:03 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Once more into the breach! (hee hee... borrowed this)

Started by tomcat, Jan 12, 2006, 07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

With oil-soaked linen wrapped tightly about two tree branches, now burning, the Company began to enter into the barrow; Seriand took the lead, his weapon out and before him. They followed the tunnel back 30' coming into the main ceremonial chamber of the crypt and began to disperse.

"We were set upon here," Seriand said, though none could see any sign of Edrahil save the disturbed dust on the floor. The shadows about revealed no sign of any wights lurking and though the fearful presence did not subside, the Company felt their nerves calm a bit.

To their left was the passage that curved down to the burial chamber, before them in the floor was the large crack; evidence of tracks could be easily seen surrounding the hole.

OOC: Fengel's motivational speech will be considered a soliloquy of sorts; that and the heroic task that the companions are undertaking will grant a +6 to all opposed Fear tests. This modifier will last for 15 minutes, though it could be re-constituted based on RP'ing.

Actions?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Does marching order matter?  How many of us have torches?

Roused somewhat by Fengel's speech, Durgil still feels the lingering fingers of doubt and unrest in his heart, so he remains as the rearguard even though that is most definitely not where he'd be normally.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Wiseman

Seriand looks around, skittishly as he remembers the events of just a few minutes before.  He tried his best to look about the tracks in the dust covered floor and see if he could find those of his kin.  His nerves were somewhat hardened by the rousing speech that Fengel had provided to them, it was probably more helpful to Seriand than anyone else...

Track: Roll(2d6)+8: 3,4,+8 Total:15

tomcat

Seriand's keen eyes followed the strewn dust trail up to the craggy hole in the floor, that looked like a broken tooth grin. He crept over to it so that he might peer down within and saw distantly below a faint glow of light. Edrahil's magic? No sound came up to offer any chance that Edrahil was battling below - still a glowing light could be seen.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

As he and his friends descended into the blackness, Fengel felt an icey chill grasping at his heart.  However he remainded stead fast, for now at least.  Sword and sheild raised he tried to prepare himself for what might happen.  "Dare we call out for Edrahil?", he says as quietly as possible.  "Possibly he can speak to us through his strange powers."

OOC: What in the world is a soliloquy?  I assume that one of us has the trinkets that Olin took from the tomb?  This may sound dumb, but here goes, is it possible to speak to the wights?

Wiseman

OOC: Soliloquy -  A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.

Seriand looks down into the depths and speaks to his comrades.  "There is light down the depths, I think it is Edrahil, he was using his magic to light our way."

sdrotar

Quote from: Wiseman on Jan 12, 2006, 08:33 AM

Seriand looks down into the depths and speaks to his comrades.  "There is light down the depths, I think it is Edrahil, he was using his magic to light our way."

"Then let us make haste," Dirnhael whispered. "No good can come from any of us staying in this accursed place."

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

"And what about caution?  If it is Edrahil, we could be walking into a trap and that would do no one any good," pipes up Durgil.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

OOC: ;D (hee hee hee) So, I am gonna wait until the two Dunedain decide the best course before I proceed. I will say that from the torch light two things can be seen:

• The flames are caused to flicker from a draft that blows up through the crack.
  • The light cast off by the torch, when held down in the crack,  reveals a second floor about 10' below with another hole (dug?) in it to a deeper recess (straight down) in the hill to where the faint light is emanating (See picture attached.)

Wiseman

tomcat

Quote from: Wiseman on Jan 13, 2006, 06:39 AM
OOC: Aight, who brought the rope?

OOC: LOL!! Funny man! So that you know, you can hang from the ledge and drop. Getting out may be another story.

If you do decide to Jump down, I will require a Jump test TN 10.

Shawn, is there something I need to adjust in my profile or in the Admin to get the orange RSS option in the lower left for SMF? I now have the Hall of Fire boards attached to My Yahoo, but I am having trouble here.

Let me know.

Doug

Wiseman

OOC: Check in the address bar, it should be to the left of the Down Arrow to show you your history.  Depending on the Theme you are using.  This is for Firefox.  There is nothing that would need to be done for your Profile or Admin its all in the browser :)

Palandil

OOC: Am I not understanding Edrahil's power right?  Can we talk to him and how do we do that, out loud?  And how does that work, or not, if he is unconscious?

Sheathing his sword and Holding up the bag of trinkets that Olin took from the tomb, "It seems to me that what ever took the girl wants these things back."  Fengel states.  "If that is Edrahil down there, maybe I can lead the creature away with these, while you go and get him."  He turns to look for another passage to go down away from the crack in the floor.

sdrotar

OOC: Can we quickly search for another way down - one that gives us an easier way back up? Or is it assumed that w've already done so?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

OOC: From what Seriand knows from his and Edrahil's earlier search of the barrow, you guys can easily deduce that the only other way to get into the lower barrows would be to smash in the seals that plug the holes on the outside of the hill. When you climbed the mound, there were two entrances9 at lower points on the hill, that were still mortared up.

The only other option is to climb down the hole in the floor here.