• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ren the Unclean - round 3

Started by tomcat, May 18, 2017, 09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

May 18, 2017, 09:32 AM Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:07 PM by tomcat
Situation: The company has found the encampment of slavers that abducted Ruithel; unfortunately a servant most foul has come to this place - Ren the Unclean

Combat Advantage dice:
• Rorin has 2d

Situation Modifiers:
• Ren has the Initiative

Physical Modifiers (complications):
• There is advantageous positions due to the hills for ranged attacks and defensive stances - anyone who uses the higher ground will gain a +2 combat advantage to attack rolls

PC/NPC
ENEMY

STANCE

:+~: PARRY

:<>: ARMOUR
:vv: HOPE
:@: HATE

:<3: END
NOTES
Arbogast
Bandy
Grimbeorn
Rorin
Ruithel

Ren the Unclean

Forward
Rearward
Forward
Defensive
Open

by PC

6 (shield +3)
9 (shield n/a)
6/9 [giant strength] (shield +4)
4 (shield n/a)
8 (shield n/a)

2d (helm +1)
1d (helm n/a)
none (helm +1)
5d (helm n/a)
none

2d

9/16
13/18
7/12
7/10
10/11

6/10

26/26
14/22 DAUNTED WOUNDED WEARY
15/31 UNCONSCIOUS WOUNDED WEARY
13/34 UNCONSCIOUS WEARY
18/29

25/50

tbd
tbd
tbd
tbd
tbd
tbd

STANCES

Forward - action order 1
Close combat
TN 6+ parry
Forward Stance maneuvers
:<>:Open - action order 2
Close combat
TN 9+ parry
Open Stance maneuvers
:<>:Defensive - action order 3
Close combat
TN 12+ parry
Defensive Stance maneuvers
:<>:Rearward - action order 4
Ranged combat
Must be 2 other PC's in Close Combat
May not use if outnumbered 2:1

TN 12+ parry
Rearward Stance maneuvers
:<>:From any Stance
Escape combat
Must start in Rearward or roll
TN 10 + highest attribute level
of opponents Athletics roll. On success,
may safely flee from the scene of combat
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

May 18, 2017, 09:43 AM #1 Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:12 AM by tomcat
The arrow from Ruithel's blow struck true into the back of the Ringwraith. Still, the creature was not backing away from the conflict.

Ren quickly stooped its great height to sweep up its sword and then poised itself for any coming attacks.

:ooc: All Ren can do this turn is retrieve his weapon, BUT, he also recharges his Black Breath. Any PC that attacks him again in melee MUST make another Corruption test prior to the attack.

Ren uses 2 :@:

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:SS arrow support standing by.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

:ooc: Quick Corruption test for Arbogast:

:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 4d6 : 6, 2, 5, 6, total 19
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

The shadows gather once more about the company as the Ringwraith flows like black fog over a valley to where its sword lies.  Arbogast finds himself wondering whether any mortal-wrought weapon might possibly harm a creature of this kind.  But once more he banishes these unbidden thoughts, for he has marked how the shade balked - almost imperceptibly - at the brand held by Ruthiel. 

"Drive it back," he calls.  "Push it into the fire!"  He brandishes his axe to back up his bold words. 

:ooc: Doug, I seem to recall doing something similar back when the Blood Moon raiders hit Black Tarn Hall, but I can't remember the mechanics.  I'm pretty sure it meant shifting into Forward or Open stance.  I'll go Forward, for drama's sake, and keep attacking. 

:00: 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 4d6 : 3, 4, 2, 3, total 12

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

With no better plan against such a foe, Grimbeorn follows Arbogast's call for action.

:ooc:
Grimbeorn will chance stance appropriately and move to drive the Nazgul toward/into the flame.
 :00:
Corruption -  1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 5d6 : 2, 5, 6, 1, 3, total 17

:00:
Attack -  1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 4d6 : 4, 6, 2, 4, total 16

Hope if necessary for either.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

May 19, 2017, 09:36 AM #6 Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:00 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Hey Paul, I just re-read that whole engagement called Raiders at the Gate but I don't see a mechanic that you might be referring to. Let me know if you find something.

As to your goal here, are you trying to force the Nazgûl backward into the fire, right? I will think about what needs done.

Results

• Arbogast's Corruption test roll was amazing with a :g: extraordinary success

• Grimbeorn's Corruption test roll is a success only after 1 :vv: is spent and added to the 15 result, for a 19 result  :csu:

• Arbogast hits Ren with a 22 success for 5 END loss

• Grimbeorn hits Ren with a 21 great success for 16 END loss

EDIT

I need to amend the two bullets for Grimbeorn because he is DAUNTED and cannot spend any :vv: . I would also have to say that he could not make a stance change towards something that was terrorizing him.

So -

• Grimbeorn fails his Corruption test and falls unconscious. He will be in this stupor he receives a successful Healing test.

• Grimbeorn's attack is not a success, as he falls unconscious before it occurs.

tomcat

The Nazgûl lurched backward from the onslaught of the two men. Arbogast felt his axe strike the thing and it seemed tangible, yet nothing at all. If he was harming it, he wasn't sure for only the dark cloak showed evidence of his attacks.

Ren's sword was in hand now and he could now return the attack, but the Elf stepped into engage first. She slashed the torch brand back and forth in hopes to at least catch the wraith's foul cloak on fire.

:ooc: Moves to Forward

Ruithel Corruption test
TN 18 wisdom 3d
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 1, 5, total 10

If successful, attack roll

TN 12 torch 1d
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

:dmg: 3   edge: auto    injury: 12

tomcat

:ooc: Ruithel will spend 1 :vv: to avoid the Black Breath, but her torch misses with an :~~:

Telcontar

Bandy saw another of his comrades fall. The desire to run away was the strongest that he had ever felt and by the moment it grew. The bow in his hands he allowed at least a fraction of mechanical movement through his will to fire the bow.

Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2

Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1

Rolled 4d6 : 6, 1, 1, 2, total 10
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Fear got the better of the Hobbit and the arrow sprang from the bow too soon, arching high over the melee to disappear in the dark.

Bandy sobbed as the Ringwraith lunged once more at Arbogast and Ruithel. With his eyes blurred by tears, he didn't notice the bobbing torch lights that had suddenly encircled the orc encampment.

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on May 19, 2017, 09:36 AM:ooc: Hey Paul, I just re-read that whole engagement called Raiders at the Gate but I don't see a mechanic that you might be referring to. Let me know if you find something.

:ooc: I've done the same, and I couldn't find anything either.  I think the forcing-back was either all in my head or set dressing. 

Quote from: tomcat on May 19, 2017, 09:36 AMAs to your goal here, are you trying to force the Nazgûl backward into the fire, right?
I certainly am!  It worked once, let's give it another try! 

Character sheet