• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:10 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Spiders, spiders, everywhere - round 1

Started by tomcat, Jun 29, 2016, 11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jun 29, 2016, 11:34 AM Last Edit: Jul 06, 2016, 12:09 PM by tomcat
Situation: The caravan of Ceawin of Sunstead has been attacked by an unknown number of giant spiders of Mirkwood...

SPIDERS

Combat Advantage dice:
Arbogast 1
Esgalwen 1
Rorin 2

Situation Modifiers:
• Company has initiative [even though ambushed, more than half passed their Surprise tests -  :csu: for those that earned AP]

Physical Modifiers (complications):
• None

Mass Combat Status:
• 1 spider wounded

PC/NPC PARRY ARMOUR HOPE [HATE] ENDURANCE
Arbogast
Bandy
Esgalwen
Grimbeorn
Idunn
Rorin
6/9 [woodcrafty] (shield +3)
9 (shield n/a)
6/9 [skirmisher] (shield n/a)
6/9 [great strength] (shield +4)
6/9 [woodcrafty]
4 (shield n/a)
1d (headgear +1)
1d (headgear n/a)
1d (headgear n/a)
none (headgear +1)
2d (headgear n/a)
5d (headgear n/a)
13/16
16/18
10/11
11/12
15/15
10/10
26/26
22/22
25/25
31/31
25/25
34/34
Spiders
4 for all
2d for all
2 for all
12 for all
spider1 (G) dead; spider2 (E) 7/12; spider3 (A) 5/12; spider4 (R) dead; spider5 (I) dead; spider7 (B) dead

STANCETN (+parry)PC / LMCOptions...
Forward - action order 1
Close combat
TN 6+EsgalwenForward Stance maneuvers
Open - action order 2
Close combat
TN 9+Grimbeorn,
Idunn,
Arbogast
Open Stance maneuvers
Defensive - action order 3
Close combat
TN 12+RorinDefensive Stance maneuvers
Rearward - action order 4
Ranged combat
Must be 2 other PC's in Close Combat
May not use if outnumbered 2:1
TN 12+BandyRearward Stance maneuvers
Any
Escape combat
Must start in Rearward or roll
TN 10 + highest attribute level
of opponents
noneMay safely flee from the scene of combat

MASS COMBAT
:~~: One of the East Bight-men is slain. If rolled again in the following round, Ceawin is gravely wounded.
1, 2The allies are hard-pressed to hold the enemy back. One of the East Bight-men is wounded – or, if any are already wounded, then one of them is slain. The defensive circle is being pressed - if this is rolled again, the spiders also slay a horse.
3, 4The East Bight-men hold their line and keep fighting.
5, 6The allies fight bravely, pushing the enemy back. Black spider blood spills across the forest floor. If this result is rolled twice in a row, then the allies slay one of the spiders!
7, 8 One of the spiders is slain.
9, 10 Two of the spiders is slain.
:g:Three of the spiders are slain.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn comes upon his first spider and swings, aiming for the eye cluster.

:ooc:
Targeted Strike  :00:
TN 4 -  1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 2, total 5

Weapon: 7 D, 10 E, 18 I
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Esgalwen did not wait to see if Bandy's arrows were aimed at the creature who charged her. She spun into action, her sword hacking into the horrible creature as she did. All the while, the Ranger prayed that Idunn had not fallen to the spider's initial pounce.

:ooc: I will need Arbogast and Idunn's stances, but otherwise you guys are free to act.

TN 16 longsword 3d, shadow-bane 1d
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 4d6 : 5, 3, 4, 2, total 14

:dmg: 7    edge: 9    injury: 18
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Grimbeorn scores an :g: , which is a Success; his spider takes 9 END loss and must make a TN 20 protection test against the piercing blow:
TN 20 2d
:00: 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6

Esgalwen scores an 18, which is a Success; her spider takes 7 END loss

tomcat

Jun 29, 2016, 12:23 PM #4 Last Edit: Jun 29, 2016, 12:29 PM by tomcat
There is a terrible crunching sound as Grimbeorn's axe smashes open the carapace of a spider. It's large body slumps to the ground, the legs wiggle a  few moments, and then the thing expires.

mass combat roll 1d12 : 5, total 5

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:  ;D That was quite satisfying
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Jun 29, 2016, 09:24 PM #6 Last Edit: Jul 03, 2016, 08:03 PM by Eclecticon
Arbogast quickly decides that an axe to the abdomen is the most effective form of distraction and swings the axe of Theodwin, as yet untested in battle, in a powerful downward strike. 

:ooc: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 4d6 : 4, 2, 3, 1, total 10
Weapon stats are in my signature block. 

By the way, Arbogast and Idunn should both be able to take advantage of their Woodcrafty ability.  I don't know about Idunn, but that should bump Arbogast's basic Parry score up to 9.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

disench4nted

Rorin knew not what tactics would be effective against these creatures, so when one began to approach him he stood his ground and swung his hammer with all of his might.

Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 4d6 : 6, 1, 5, 6, total 18

Posterboy

At the sight of the spiders dropping down from the trees, Idunn slides out of her saddle, letting her horse flee to where it may.

As her feet touched the ground, she brought her spear to hands.

Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2

Rolled 3d6 : 4, 6, 3, total 13

Posterboy

Idunn surveyed the landscape, briefly noting where Caewin had ended up in the midst of the battlefield. Already the shieldmaiden could feel the blood of battle heightening her senses, making time seem to slow a bit. Sannasar felt warm in her hands. Before her, a spider had dropped down and hissed menacingly. Idunn planted her feet and waited, a grim and confident countenance gracing her face. She allowed the foul creature to advance on her... once... twice it tried to bat away the glinting spear, wary of the weapon's bite. Feinting slightly, as though dropping her guard, she invited the spider advance even closer.

It didn't see Sindjarfr until it was too late. The massive hound flanked up allow the spider's side, a wild bark suddenly startling the wretched beast. The spider reared up quickly to attack the hound, and that was the moment Idunn was looking for. Sannasar slid forward with all the force the shieldmaiden, driving it's sharpen point deep into the underbelly of the beast before sliding quickly out once more. Black ichor gushed out as the spider squealed and writhed in pain before succumbing to the wound.

Idunn looked to try and move in closer to the Lord of Sunstead, Sindjarfr by her side.

:ooc: So, my understanding is that Idunn scored a great success in her attack and caused 12 points of damage to bring the spider down to 0... am I right?

tomcat

:ooc: I am on the road today. I will try and get an update done tonight or tomorrow.

tomcat

:ooc: Bandy has not yet attacked this round...so I will wait for him before I post the monsters.

Eclecticon

:ooc: I just edited my post to correct Theodwin's name ('Theodore' indeed!), and the dice roll is now red-flagged.  Sorry about that.  I haven't touched the numbers. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: sorry guys i was in Vermont with zero reception

Bandy brought the string to his cheek omce more. This time nothing fancy, just looking for a clean hit.

Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1

Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10

Rolled 4d6 : 2, 6, 5, 6, total 19
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Piercing shot, 7 base damage + success bonus' ( which I think is 4 more).
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18