• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 08:23 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Goblin menace - round 5

Started by tomcat, Apr 03, 2016, 12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Apr 03, 2016, 12:26 PM Last Edit: Apr 07, 2016, 09:16 AM by tomcat
Situation: The village of Mountain Hall has come under attack by a horde of goblins out of the mines...

GOBLINS

Combat Advantage dice:
Arbogast 0
Bandy 1

Situation Modifiers:
• Company has initiative
• From Arbogast's Rally - the first two killed men of Mountain Hall are ignored - Mountain-man 1, Mountain-man 2

Physical Modifiers (complications):
• Early evening - low light (moderately hindered) - TN's all increased by +2

Mass Combat Status:
• 1 goblin at risk of death

PC/NPC PARRY ARMOUR HOPE [HATE] ENDURANCE
Arbogast
Bandy
Esgalwen
Grimbeorn
Rorin
6 (shield +3)
9 (shield n/a)
6/9 [skirmisher] (shield n/a)
6 (shield +4)
4 (shield n/a)
1d (headgear +1)
1d (headgear n/a)
1d (headgear n/a)
none (headgear +1)
5d (headgear n/a)
13/16
16/18
10/11
11/12
10/10
14/26 Wounded, Weary
8/22
21/25 Weary
10/31
8/34
Goblin Archers
Goblin Raiders
2 for all
2d for all
1 for all
2 Left
7 Left [1 with 3 END]
STANCETN (+parry)PC / LM-NPCOptions...
Forward - action order 1
Close combat
TN 6+Esgalwen,
Grimbeorn
Forward Stance maneuvers
Open - action order 2
Close combat
TN 9+noneOpen Stance maneuvers
Defensive - action order 3
Close combat
TN 12+Arbogast,
Rorin
Defensive Stance maneuvers
Rearward - action order 4
Ranged combat
Must be 2 other PC's in Close Combat
May not use if outnumbered 2:1
TN 12+BandyRearward Stance maneuvers
Any
Escape combat
Must start in Rearward or roll
TN 10 + highest attribute level
of opponents
noneMay safely flee from the scene of combat

MASS COMBAT
:~~: One of the Mountain-men is slain.
1, 2The allies are hard-pressed to hold the enemy back. One of the mountain-men is wounded – or, if any are already wounded, then one of them is slain. The bastion of Mountain Hall is being pressed - if this is rolled again, the goblins set another building on fire.
3, 4The Mountain-men hold their line and keep fighting.
5, 6, 7,
or 8
The allies fight bravely, pushing the enemy back. Black Goblin blood spills across the stones. If this result is rolled twice in a row, then the allies slay one of the goblins!
9 or 10 One of the goblins are slain.
:g:Two of the goblins are slain.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Mass combat roll...
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: LOL! Fucking can't get a break with these mountain men... 1 is killed, but Arbogast's earlier Rally ignores this.

Esgalwen will attack
TN 10 longsword ♦♦♦○○○, skirmisher +1d
:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 4d6 : 1, 2, 2, 4, total 9

:dmg: 7   edge: 9   injury: 18

tomcat

Apr 03, 2016, 12:34 PM #3 Last Edit: Apr 03, 2016, 02:52 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Again LOL!  (-D

Her roll sucked but it was enough to score a hit, which kills the one wounded goblin.

ALL THE NEW COMBAT MANEUVERS HAVE BEEN ADDED ABOVE.

We shall play with them as stated, but if any of them become unbalanced, they will either be re-tooled or removed.

GandalfOfBorg

Seeing his companion severely wounded, he steps into to take care of business.

:ooc: Grimbeorn moves to the Forward Stance.
Grimbeorn uses the Sweeping Blow maneuver, removing 2 additional dice to hit 3 foes.
 :00:
Axes -  1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6

7 D, 10 E, 18 I
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Use a Hope if possible to confirm a hit.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Heedless of their losses, the goblins attack in a frenzy of slashes and stabs while their allies rain arrows down, uncannily accurate in the fading light.  An arrow strikes the narrow band of iron in Arbogast's cap, knocking it askew and setting his head to ringing.  Before he can regain his footing and his senses, he feels the sudden ice-coldness of steel in his side.  Looking down, momentarily confused, he sees the handle of a long and jagged goblin-knife protruding from the seam of his leather shirt and the cut laces flapping in the mountain breeze.  He sees the vicious grin of the goblin as it tries to back away and vanish back into the mines. 

When he feels the pain a moment later, he stumbles and drops to his knee, and it is only fear and long habit that cause him to raise his shield and deflect an unseen blow.  With a shaking hand, he pulls the knife free, feeling its barbs tear flesh as it goes and the sudden warmth of his own blood on his hand.  His axe lies on the thin grass of the mountain cleft, and he is seized by a deep and sudden desire to let it lie there until some greater man may take it up.  But then, what would become of the fellowship?  What would become of his home, and Lindwine so far away and perhaps even now in danger? 

He forces himself to stand, though each breath is agony.  He has no voice now for the shieldwall song.  Only enough to lift his axe, stamp his feet and hope that another may take up the rhythm.  "On them," he gasps, knowing not whether anyone may hear him.  "On them, my friends.  On them, my kinsmen." 

:ooc: Well, my plans to start intimidating them into abandoning the fight a bunch at a time have been blown to hell sideways, so let's try out one of the new options.  I'm dropping back to Defensive stance and trying to Command. 

DC 12? Battle 3
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 2, 5, total 13
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: 'Bout damn time.  So you guys now have two bonus dice to play with.  Limit one per customer. 

Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: I am liking these maneuvers so far - already I can see the exchange taking more life instead of you roll, I roll, you roll, etc.

With Matt's Hope, he kills 2 goblins. You can only attack a number of total opponents as Advantage dice that you sacrifice, Matt - so, 2 for 2, 3 for 3, etc. Some might argue that they can attack 1 with ALL their dice, but for 2 they have to spend 2 (instead of 1), but I think it keeps the game balanced, as you just knocked the heads off of two of these bad guys.  :csu:

Paul - I'd like you to pick who you are extending the additional advantage dice to - that way there is no confusion. You may even give it to the Mass Combat roll.

Eclecticon

:ooc: Hmm.  I was hoping they could be floaters, usable by whoever needed them, but okay.  The logical choices are Rorin and Grimbeorn, but neither one usually needs the help.  Bandy has an important job to do in keeping Esgalwen alive, though.  And it makes sense for the Men to take heart if the shieldwall song is known here.  So I think I'll give one to Bandy and one to the mass combat roll (even though I don't know how the latter works - is it a reroll, or do you just add 1d6 to the result of the feat die roll?  Let's find out!).

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, i like the linked stance options. In the spirit if the moment I'lltry one. Target Shot.

Bandy felt the pressure of the moment. Even though Arbogast was pressed he had at least the other men of the mountian to rely on, Esgalwen stood alone. The Hobbit focused on her opponents and let another arrow fly.

Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10

Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6

Rolled 2d6 : 4, 2, total 6

7 end.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Thats 7 end and an auto pierce.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

disench4nted

Rorin laid low another enemy just before an arrow found his side, while it was a distant shot that did not pierce his sturdy dwarven mail, he still felt the wind leave his lungs. As he gasped for air he saw a goblin slide a knife into Arbogast's side and the woodman fell to his knees. The dwarf reacted immediately, wading into the horde of enemies and swinging his hammer in great arcs with all of his strength, crushing any who dared come near him. As he fought he yelled, "STAND AND FIGHT WOODMEN! STAND AND FIGHT!"

:ooc:

Rorin switches to the Forward Stance and uses Sweeping Blow against 3 goblins

TN 10 Warhammer Sweeping Blow
Rolled 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

:dmg: 8    edge: 9    injury: 18

I will use a point of Hope (Favored Body = 8) to make it stick if I need to

disench4nted

:ooc:
Looks like I'm using the Hope  :csu:

Telcontar

I'll add my advantage die as well