News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Main Menu

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

They are great quality, Tom. I am not sure if I want to mount them in a frame -or- have them for Tabletop usage? Although, the demand for tabletop usage is kind of light, as the bulk of my gaming is done here or on Roll20.

We shall see...
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○]     :<3: 10/12       :+~: 8       :<>: 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Are you guys interested in another meeting face-to-face over Discord? Maybe get a chance to catch up on real life things, but also have a small pow-wow about our stories here and any directions we want to go?

I have no desire to end Darkening of Mirkwood, but maybe Paul needs a break? Maybe we DO want to see if we can transition it to the new Second Edition rules? Making changes to the actual Darkening campaign is very easy - it would just be a matter of us working with new hero mechanics. With Esgalwen close to her 'retirement' and Hathcyn elevating to a thegn status, it might be a cool time to gen new PCs? Matt's PC could just be adjusted to the new mechanics.

Maybe we break away from Mirkwood for a time, to play in another region of Middle-earth, but in the same time as Darkening?

I don't know - this is all just a bit of spit-balling.
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

My schedule is all over the map at the moment. Likely getting a promotion which will require a move. However, if the time zone and day time group work I'd be down.

I dont think I'm ready to shelf Hathcyn, he has a lot more to do. A pause I would entertain.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Meanwhile, I'm over here with just a PDF, 'cause shipping to Australia is crazy expensive.

EDIT: I shouldn't whinge, really.  Lots of companies are setting up with antipodean printing and shipping partners, so it's much better than it was even two or three years ago.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Back from GenCon -- Free League was all about promoting the new stuff you just received.
I'm down for a Discord confab
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

I was hoping they would have some more announcements besides the ALIEN 2nd edition kickstarter.

Guess we'll just have to wait to see what the fall brings.

tomcat

Hey guys, my mother passed away this past Saturday. It has been really busy around here with plans for the funeral. I will be reading along, but I may not be present in any post until next week.

Telcontar

Hey Doug, sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Eclecticon

My deepest sympathies, Doug.  I hope that you and your family are bearing up okay. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

A new post is coming!  This I swear on the occasionally-marked graves of my ancestors!  I know what I want to write, I just need some uninterrupted time to do it.

Character sheet

Telcontar

No worries Paul.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear