• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:41 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

SCENE 1 - Return of old friends, start of new troubles

Started by tomcat, Jan 20, 2014, 03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

"I was encamped on the south end of the Tyrn Gorthad," he answered. All the companions knew the name - the long line of downs just south of Bree upon which sat the barrows of past kings. The North-South road ran directly through them, and it was the very road that Dirnhael had traveled years before with Angbor, Edrahil, and another dwarf named Lûnduf. The road on which he had met Fengel, in a struggle for his life. The road that led out of Tharbad in Cardolan. "I was within a small grove of trees when the old man raced into my camp."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Celdrahil pondered for a moment. He began to speak, but paused and started again in the common speach. His habbit was still not accustomed to speaking first in the westron tongue.

"If this message came from any other I would have shrugged and said the shadow besets all lands where it is not fully dark. Howerver, from our mutual friend it causes me to think longer on it. I am familiar slightly with the location. I passed that way heading north. We could ride south and check it out, perhaps meet Mithrandir along the road. The message is very vague as to what we should be on the look out for."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

"As I was thinking, too.  Madoc, will you join us?  You know whence you came and Mithrandir is not wont to give stewardship of anything to those he deems unfit."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

"I know the area well," Dirnhael said, with a faraway look in his eyes. It had been years since he had been in Cardolan, the land where he was raised as an orphan in the house of the Steward, who had sent him to discover a cure to the illness that ravaged the region so long ago. Since then, Angbor -- who had been like a brother -- and Lunduf had been lost... but Edrahil and Fengel had persevered; having them at his side once again brought him comfort.

"It would seem that our meeting was not left to chance," he said. "The Grey Pilgrim only makes requests in the most dire of circumstances."
He paused, and looked at each in turn.
"I will ask none of you to go any further than you will, but together, we are strong -- and if Gandalf vouches for you," he said, looking at Madoc," then that is all the faith I need."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil begs his leave of the table and proceeds to speak with the innkeep, arranging the care and prep of their animals for the journey and provisions for all as well to be ready at sun-up.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

"Well then, it sounds like we're going to be kicking off a grand adventure! And nothing starts off a good adventure like a hearty meal and few beers among friend.  Innkeep, food and beer for me friends, we're celebrating tonight!"

sdrotar

Quote from: Stefan on Feb 14, 2014, 06:28 AM
"Well then, it sounds like we're going to be kicking off a grand adventure! And nothing starts off a good adventure like a hearty meal and few beers among friend.  Innkeep, food and beer for me friends, we're celebrating tonight!"

Dirnhael allowed himself a smile; he had almost forgotten how much he enjoyed the boisterous company of Dwarves. He raised a pint to Nain, and all the others, as soon as they were brought to the table.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun