• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 08:33 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 1 - Riders

Started by tomcat, Sep 21, 2005, 07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Sep 21, 2005, 07:16 PM Last Edit: Sep 23, 2005, 11:54 AM by tomcat
Description: The Riders are confronted by 10 Easterling horsemen, they are 3 Mook Opponents and will suffer a -3 and then -5 on first two hits; they are Defence 12

Physical Modifiers: Dim Light -2

Situational Modifiers: Fengel is Dazed -0 (Hardy)

Initiative*:
Edrahil - 11
Fengel - 10
Daelhun - 9
Durgil - 7
Dirnhael - 7
Easterlings - 7
Camenitr - 6

*Remember to roll your next round's initiative at the end of your posts

Go ahead and roll initiative, but I will be finishing this post in the morning! :D
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Sep 21, 2005, 07:36 PM #1 Last Edit: Sep 22, 2005, 09:23 AM by GandalfOfBorg
Initiative - (4+1)+2=7
OOC: Once more into the breach...

EDIT:
Durgil draws an arrow and fires at the outermost enemy rider.

RC: Bows (Longbow) - (5+3)+8+2=18
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Palandil

OOC: Tomcat, I don't mean to be lame, but where is the dice roller?  You said you moved it to the banner, but I don't know what you're talking about.  HELP!

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: It's under "king" in the title banner.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Quote from: Palandil on Sep 22, 2005, 03:40 AM
OOC: Tomcat, I don't mean to be lame, but where is the dice roller?  You said you moved it to the banner, but I don't know what you're talking about.  HELP!

Hey palandil if you go to the LOTR index page which is:

http://roleplay.avioc.org/lotr/index.htm

If you look at the top of the page where it says 'TRIUMPH OF THE WITCH-KING', you will see a small button that says Dice Roller - click it twice and it will open the roller for you.

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

OOC: OK, I knew that I wasn't blind.  My screen doesn't show the whole right side where King would be, and there is no left right scroll.  I tried to shrink it and stretch it to the right but no can do.  Sorry, but I don't get it.  Any suggestions.  I am using Mozilla Firefox.

Wiseman

Initiative: Roll(2d6)+2: 6,1,+2 Total:9

Daelhun targeted the nearest enemy with his spear, the point of the weapon seeking to rend flesh from bone, and more importantly to unhorse a rider and give the Easterlings less of a numeric superiority.  Spurring on his horse he aimed for the breast of his target and prepared for the crushing blow of spear meeting armour...

Attack: Roll(2d6)+4: 5,3,+4 Total:12
Damage: Roll(2d6)+5: 3,2,+5 Total:10 + any mods from charging on the horse :)

OOC: Here's another dice roller you can use Palandil http://starwars.avioc.org/dice/dice.htm

tomcat

Quote from: Palandil on Sep 22, 2005, 05:31 AM
OOC: OK, I knew that I wasn't blind.  My screen doesn't show the whole right side where King would be, and there is no left right scroll.  I tried to shrink it and stretch it to the right but no can do.  Sorry, but I don't get it.  Any suggestions.  I am using Mozilla Firefox.

OOC: Oh!! Okay. I didn't know that the banner was not adjusting for screen size. I set up the web page on my computer and I never took into account that other computers might not format it the same.

All right... back to the HTML work desk. I am going to restructure the whole LOTR index site so that it becomes easier to use.

Palandil

Sep 22, 2005, 08:28 AM #8 Last Edit: Sep 22, 2005, 06:14 PM by Palandil
Initiative: Roll(2d6)+3: 5,2,+3  Total:10

Fengel too draws his spear and targets one of the Easterling dogs, throwing once the distance is closed to 20 yards.
TN 12,+2(distance)=14
RC: Roll(2d6)+7: 5,4,+7, -4 horseback Total:12+1 courage point=15;

After throwing his spear Fengel sets his shield and draws Cerduil.
OOC: I see that Fengel has the spear under AC so I thought he could also use it for RC.  If not then Fengel sets his shield and draws Cerduil.

AC: Roll(2d6)+14: 4,6,+14 Total:24
2nd AC:Roll(2d6)+14: 2,1,+14 Total:17
Last action will be Delayed

OOC:Thanks Wiseman for the other roller.

sdrotar

Initiative: Roll(2d6)+2: 1,4,+2 Total:7

OOC: Hey, Doug - Siege-craft (Unit Leadership): does it have any application here to help the team?

Dirnhael straps his shield on his left forearm, and it bounces against his thigh as his hand still holds the reins on the galloping horse. He holds Anduring aloft, hoping to strike fear in the lead rider...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: sdrotar on Sep 22, 2005, 09:16 PMOOC: Hey, Doug - Siege-craft (Unit Leadership): does it have any application here to help the team?

Hey Shawn, no.. your character's leadership will have no effect on the combat at this time. You could possibly Inspire the men if they see you gallantly attacking outside the walls, but that is all you could do right now to affect the men inside the keep.

Hey Palandil, no, Fengel is not skilled at throwing his spear. If he had Ranged Combat: Thrown Weapons (Spears) then he could use that, but because he only has RC:Bows, he can still throw the spear but he has no skill rank to add to the dice roll plus he would have an additional penalty of -2 for Untrained. I always envisioned Fengel's spear use more like a lance than anything else.

Doug

Your post for this round will come tonight guys, I promise! ;)

Wiseman

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 23, 2005, 12:03 PM
I always envisioned Fengel's spear use more like a lance than anything else.

Doug

Your post for this round will come tonight guys, I promise! ;)

Yah, like daelhun is doing, only Fengel can probably do it much better :)

sdrotar

OOC: As the rider comes near Dirnhael, I want to cross his on his right side, and literally pull the EROTK "Mouth of Sauron" move - use the speed of the horses and sweep Anduring to behead the guy and free up a horse for Camentir ASAP.

What test is necessary to do that - if any?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Palandil

Quote from: Wiseman on Sep 23, 2005, 12:08 PM
Quote from: tomcat on Sep 23, 2005, 12:03 PM
I always envisioned Fengel's spear use more like a lance than anything else.

Yah, like daelhun is doing, only Fengel can probably do it much better :)

OOC: I just got a little excited about the oncoming combat.  I was going for the Eomer RotK trick he pulled on the Oliphant rider.  I suppose he used a javelin instead of a spear.  Anyhow, that is why hindsite told me to post a second option.
It never hurts to try!
Is there a better advantage in using the spear?  I suppose the Horses charge would add to the damage.

tomcat

Quote from: sdrotar on Sep 23, 2005, 01:03 PMOOC: As the rider comes near Dirnhael, I want to cross his on his right side, and literally pull the EROTK "Mouth of Sauron" move - use the speed of the horses and sweep Anduring to behead the guy and free up a horse for Camentir ASAP.

What test is necessary to do that - if any?

Shawn - Standard AC test would be necessary and an Extraordinary Success is needed to achieve a 3-HIT result and effectively kill the rider... this can be interpreted as the removal of his head.

Palandil - by couching the spear and using the Charge maneuver, you will do greater damage. I will give you the effect of a Superior Success for a Complete and an Extraordinary for a Superior or greater. In my Mook combat system this constitutes 2-HITS for Superior and 3-HITS for Extraordinary. The Enemy you face are 3 HIT baddies.