• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 11:57 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The last dash...

Started by tomcat, Jan 17, 2012, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jan 17, 2012, 05:25 PM Last Edit: Jan 17, 2012, 05:28 PM by tomcat
The sun rose over the edge of the horizon and shone brightly into the canopy of the Aegis. Kara and Ardana had to squint from the sudden glare, but then the photosensitive screen darkened and eased their view. The ship was fast approaching the designated location and the mech/pilot needed to know what her captain wanted done. She hit the transmit, "Caden... on the approach. We have a problem, though. You guys are not far from that processing plant and there is some scary looking anti-air weapons lining the mountainside. I am not sure the range. What am I doing? You still want me to close?"

The light from the new day was bright, but was hampered by the jungles canopy and so the area around the watchtower went from pitch of night to a gray-green dawn. The Dug mercenaries on the rampart watched as one of their number was hit and knocked off the wall. They also could see that their leader had been overtaken on top of the tower. Finally, a human soldier ran from the tower base which told them that the Gran soldiers within had also been eliminated. The whole area had been compromised and now it was a matter of life by fleeing, or death by staying. The mercenaries took little time in their decision. The trio jumped from the rampart and disappeared into the jungle foliage.

Logar watched as the three figures disappeared from the wall. Caden walked from the tower entrance to stand beside the soldier. The wall was empty and quiet, but the duo wondered at what was beyond.

On the tower, Fett's helmet stared blankly at BIT, "You doing this or am I?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

"Fett?" Brim asked cautiously. "Rather than kill him, you mind if I take him down to Kaida and the Captain? I suspect the may like to ask him a few questions."

:ooc: If Fett agrees, Brim will bring him down to Caden and Kaida, picking up his makeshift knapsack along the way.

Regarding the weapons/powerpacks found, Brim would like to keep one carbine and one extra power pack with him. The rest he will distribute to the group.

Jingo

Kaida watched the Dugs flee the rampart. She was relieved but her senses were on high alert. She heard Kara's report on the team's comm. The enemy would likely pull back and set up ambush. They had to move quickly while they still could.

"Kara, those anti air will probably chew up the Aegis if you get too close. Can you transmit the image of the missles to Sam? Maybe he can search his database and figure out their range. Also, how far away is the processing plant from where we are and can you see any other structures or enemy activity that might pose a threat before we get there?"

She also glanced at the brightening horizon and spoke again into the team's comm. "We're going to have to move quickly before full light and before they can come up with a coordinated defense. Also, let's get that gun off the roof. We can maybe carry it on one of the bikes for now for Kara to pick up later. That kind of hardware isn't easy to come by."

sdrotar

Jan 17, 2012, 08:57 PM #3 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2012, 08:04 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Jan 17, 2012, 05:25 PM
"Caden... on the approach. We have a problem, though. You guys are not far from that processing plant and there is some scary looking anti-air weapons lining the mountainside. I am not sure the range. What am I doing? You still want me to close?"

"Negative," Caden replied. "The resistance we expected didn't quite materialize... fortunately."
He looked as the rest of them dusted themselves off and prepared for what might come next, happy that all of them were in one piece.

"Whatever you do, stay out of range. If you have imagery you could transmit on what you've seen thus far, that's great - but do not put the ship at any risk of fire.
"We're gonna need it."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Kicking the Dug's gun out of reach, "Slaughtering the helpless is not in my training," the merc replies, stepping between the wounded Dug and the armored man, but doesn't raise his weapon towards him.  "Take him," he says to Caden.  "If your mission here is the plant, then we have a similar goal."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Jan 18, 2012, 05:30 PM #5 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2012, 09:04 AM by tomcat
It was a moment for Boba Fett to finally lower his weapon. The whole time, BIT stared at the still smoking barrel aimed right at his chest. Finally the bounty hunter dropped his aim and said, "Then you'll fit in just fine with these people." His head turned to observe Brim, "Do what you want with him, Rodian. Problem is, while you people kurf around with taking prisoners and questioning them, the valley has time to fortify. So good luck with that... and trying to get any information from him... none of you speak his language."

With that, Fett grabbed the balcony rail and swung off of it, falling the distance only to ignite his jetpack in time to alight on the ground. The sound startled both Caden and Logar who quickly turned. Fett acknowledged them both, "Seems your people up there, along with some new guy, want to take and interrogate prisoners. You all have fun with that." Fett looked directly at Logar, "Unless you want to come with me and get this done? You're definitely one of the few who has what it takes." He then looked to Caden, "And good call on bringing in your ship! That will probably make for an even more aware compound!"

The bounty hunter passed them both by, not waiting on any response. He brought up his rifle to check the ammo count and proceeded to walk to the rampart and its wooden door.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc:So... wow... good times... (I think it might be Fett's time of the month  :roll:)  ;D

Brim brought the Dug commander down to Caden, picking up his makeshift bundle along the way. When he got to the captain, he said, "Not sure how much use this Dug's going to be, but here he is. If you like, I'll find a place for him to stay out of trouble." The rodian then placed his makeshift sack on the ground. "I scooped up some rifles too. Figured it might not hurt to stock up if we're going to keep running into resistant like this."

Dropping his voice for just the captain to hear, he added as he watched Fett storm off, "That guy's cold fury, Caden. He'd have shot the Dug dead if the stranger hadn't stepped in. I don't know why Fett's really here, but I doubt it syncs up perfectly with our goals. And, if he has his way, there's going to be a long body trail in his wake... maybe our own. Careful, Captain."

sdrotar

Jan 18, 2012, 08:15 PM #7 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2012, 08:19 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Jan 18, 2012, 05:30 PM
He then looked to Caden, "And good call on bringing in your ship! That will probably make for an even more aware compound!"

The bounty hunter passed them both by, not waiting on any response. He brought up his rifle to check the ammo count and proceeded to walk to the rampart and its wooden door.

Quote from: Posterboy on Jan 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
Dropping his voice for just the captain to hear, he added as he watched Fett storm off, "That guy's cold fury, Caden. He'd have shot the Dug dead if the stranger hadn't stepped in. I don't know why Fett's really here, but I doubt it syncs up perfectly with our goals. And, if he has his way, there's going to be a long body trail in his wake... maybe our own. Careful, Captain."

Caden nodded to Brim, thankful for the information. He knew what Fett was capable of, but he had had it. He stepped toward the retreating Mandalorian - with his pistol holstered; he wasn't stupid enough to threaten the ridiculously-dangerous bounty hunter - and gave him a piece of his mind.

"Hold on a damned minute! First - you're not thick enough to believe they're unaware of us already. And second - I wouldn't have had to call in my ship if you'd stop working solo! Fill us in, instead of wandering off all the damn time, and this'd work a lot better! You wanna do this yourself? Be my guest - but if you want our help, you're going to have to meet us in the middle!"

Fett made some sense - though Caden didn't possess any bloodlust like Logar, he also didn't see any advantage of taking prisoners, especially ones he couldn't speak with anyway.
But he wasn't about to concede the point at the moment.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

"Five minutes," she said into the comm, still scanning the ramparts. "Then we move out. Bring the gun down if you can and whatever we can quickly scrounge up."

:ooc: After another minute if everything seems all clear, she'll leave her cover and join Caden and the others do a greet and meet with BIT and help organize the next phase of the assault. Anyone need first aid?

Callowmoryne

Logar took Fetts words with a grain of salt. Biting his lip. Their was no reaching some people. Yes Logar had a need to be fullfilled. The action. The chaos. After so many years of bloodshed it became an old hat nearly impossible to take off. But he had taken it off. And that first instinct to not leave behind potential enemies was a ghost of a past he wanted to be done with forever. Kaida and her team, My team now he thought, were trying to leave the universe a better place to live. There was not much coin in it. But it was better life than he had ever had. He trusted he didnt have to watch his back for a knife from these people. He wanted them to trust him as well. fett would walk away from this job alone. He would always be alone. Logar'Dan needed more than that. He let the bounty hunter go without a word. He turned to Kaida on her approach and gave her a full report squad style of the watchtower action. Also adding his own opinion of Bit. Logar thought he could be trusted. Was capable enough to effect his own escape while his captors were distracted. And could be an asset to the team.

Jingo

Kaida nodded at Logar's report as she joined the group. She removed her helmet and shook out her hair and holding it in the crook of one arm, extended a hand of greeting to BIT. She would keep her own counsel on who could be trusted, but if he was blasting at the enemy along side them, he couldn't be all that bad.

"I'm Kaida." No reason to give him more than that for now. "Glad to find a gun that isn't pointing at ar ts these parts," she smiled then grimaced at the dilapidated tower. "Been a guest here long?"

<following his reply>

"We would welcome your assistance, friend. And Caden might even offer you ride off this rock if you ask nicely." She flashed a grin at the captain's grimace then turned away.

She turned to their captive and her grin faded. She studied him a moment and then ran one finger nail around the Dug's neck and eyed Logar's vibroknife--she hoped her feral grin looked authentic enough. She could appear quite grouchy when she wanted to. 

"Alright, pal. Here's how it's going to work. Tell us what defenses they have guarding the production facility and we'll let you out of here with all your limbs attached!"

She was of course bluffing but no reason for him to know that.

Persuasion 1d20+15 : 14 + 15, total 29

GandalfOfBorg

He doesn't take the hand offered as before, he just looks at it a moment.  Returning her gaze, he came to bearing and as if by rote, "I am 5879... uh," stuttering and caught himself, "... BIT.  I've been here longer than I care to admit or remember."

"As I mentioned to your comrade there, if you're here for the plant, I'm in; we have the same goal.  After that, we can discuss further terms.  My intel on this area is a little rusty, need to get the lay of the land again.  I'll be back shortly," he said adjusting his jet pack.  "What's your frequency?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Quote from: Posterboy on Jan 18, 2012, 08:07 PM:ooc: So... wow... good times... (I think it might be Fett's time of the month  :roll:)  ;D

:ooc: LOL! Yea, he seems to be a bit on the moody side. I read the entire Fett Omnibus and there is not a story in there that depicts him as too talkative, and/or friendly... so, I am trying to work that into the story. Also, unbeknownst to you guys but he is still a little young and so he may be overcompensating to come across menacing.

Caden felt an icy ball form in his belly when Fett stopped. The helmet turned and regarded the Bestinian coldly, then he spoke, "Well someone has finally decided to step up." Caden wasn't sure if Fett was mocking him or if there was a newfound respect. The bounty hunter continued, "All right... I will work with you all, as long as we keep moving - the longer you are on any job the more you lose in time and money."

The Bestinian merchant wondered at what battle he just won, or if Boba Fett was fooling him. Caden watched as Fett moved over to the hill and set down his blaster. He then unhitched his jetpack from his back and Logar could see two sleeves that were under the pack on the back plate of his Mandalorian armor. The bounty hunter drew a forearm length rocket out of the sleeve and then slid it into the launcher atop his jetpack. Fett turned it and locked it into place and immediately saw the weapon active on his HUD within his helmet.

The team's attention left the bounty hunter and turned to the Dug that sat awkwardly in the middle of the tower compound. Introductions were made between the others and BIT, and then Kaida made her threat. It was evident that there was understanding in the Dug's eyes to her threat, but the language barrier made her words nothing more than jumbled sounds.

A few feet away, a chuckle came from Fett.

Telcontar

Farok channeled the force and moved the E-web blaster off of the top of the tower and lowered it down to the ground outside of the tower.

Climbing back down the tower was harder than going up but the one-armed man didn't complain. He paced by the sleeping Gran that would be down until he awoke him or someone else did, if the nexu got him than it wasn't his problem, leaving him alive wasnt really high on Farok's list of things to do.

Stepping outside he again saw the prisoner in another standoff with a party member. Sighing, he took the baton from his belt and walked up behind the prisoner. In a quick movement of his arm the baton came up and then down on the back of the creatures head.  As he crumpled to the ground he said, "The defenders are on the run, we need to keep moving Princess."
He stepped over the fallen enemy, "anyone who is good with mechanics can get that gun up and running in about 20 minutes or so if you think we need it. Speed is our best security and we need to get moving."

:ooc: I'm asuming a baton can be used to stun, like a sap. He only has five hp so I should be able to do this with one blow. Not sure what the TN is.
Rolled 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11

dmg
Rolled 1d6+4 : 1 + 4, total 5
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

Sam agreed with Fett that they should keep moving. The time it would take to get information out of this Dug could be discovered on their own if they pressed on. He reloaded his rifle and awaited the consensus.