• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 11:31 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Along the Watchtower - round 2

Started by tomcat, Dec 28, 2011, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Ill use this round to run to the base of the tower doug, Full round move or whathaveyou.

Posterboy

Brim quickly brought his own weapon to bear on the wooden door, hoping to cut through the hinges and take the whole thing off.

:ooc:Here we go!

Attack the door: 1d20+10 : 20 + 10, total 30

If successful, causes this much damage: 2d8+2 : 1, 4 + 2, total 7

Posterboy

:ooc:Yeah! Natural 20! ... the damage calculation is wrong through.... it should read 2d8+2+3, which would add up to 10 points, not 7.

Telcontar

:ooc: dang it that was supposed to be my gift from Santa!  :'( stoopid dice roller. Is the door toast?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Hee hee... at least you can no longer say that the roller favors just the GM.  ;)

The door falls in from Brim's cut. Yea, the dice roller doesn't handle multiple equations (i.e. 1d20+2+3) - instead just type 1d20+5. Also, the Nat 20 doubles the effect of the damage so it is 20 and cuts the door in two.

Logar runs the distance to the tower - going to place you near the door and ladder, John.

Just need Caden and Sam and then I can do the Dugs and the Grans and move us on.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Jan 01, 2012, 08:49 PM

Just need Caden and Sam and then I can do the Dugs and the Grans and move us on.

:ooc: I posted earlier in the thread - I'd like Caden to get as close as he can to Sam, and if he has an action left, he'll provide Farok and Brim with covering fire.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

:ooc: Remember everyone, if you stay in Kaida's LOS, you get +2 to your attacks this encounter.

tomcat

Quote from: sdrotar on Jan 01, 2012, 11:52 PM:ooc: I posted earlier in the thread - I'd like Caden to get as close as he can to Sam, and if he has an action left, he'll provide Farok and Brim with covering fire.

:ooc: Yes, you did, Shawn! Sorry. I didn't miss it, just forgot it was there. I have your action mechanics below. Based on the red line LOS marker on the map, it shows that Caden has no blocking terrain to fire on Dug 4. Understand the Dug is roughly 9 feet higher than Caden's position, due to the Rampart. Still, there is the little issue with darkness... let's see.

Caden's actions
MOVE - six squares to G11
STANDARD - fire on D4
:00: DC 17 Ranged w/ PB +8, Darkness -5
Rolled 1d20+3 : 9 + 3, total 12

damage if successful 3d8+4 : 3, 3, 7 + 4, total 17

Caden will also choose this Dug to use his Dodge feat, increasing his defense by +1
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, that leaves Sam. I am going to go ahead and setup round 3.

tomcat

Dugs on rampart fire
MOVE - D1 and D4 move into better fire positions
STANDARD - D3 and D2 attack
:00: DC 10 ranged +9, Point blank +1, autofire -5, darkness -5
D2 attacks 2x2 square w/ F & B 1d20 : 9, total 9

D3 attacks 2x2 square w/ B & L 1d20 : 9, total 9

D2 damage if successful; 1/2 if not 3d8+3 : 6, 5, 2 + 3, total 16

D3 damage if successful; 1/2 if not 3d8+3 : 6, 7, 8 + 3, total 24

tomcat

Jan 03, 2012, 04:51 PM #26 Last Edit: Jan 03, 2012, 04:55 PM by tomcat
:ooc: The Dug soliers fail to even hit a DC 10 and so the blaster fire scatters all around the three attacking the tower.

Grans inside the tower rush to the weapons cabinet and will be armed and ready for round 3.

tomcat

:ooc: Don has been gone for 11 days, so I am not going to leave this round as closed. If Don gets back, he is welcome to update here.