• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 07:21 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Snipers on high - round 7

Started by tomcat, Nov 25, 2011, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Nov 25, 2011, 07:26 PM Last Edit: Nov 26, 2011, 06:12 AM by tomcat
Situation: A pride of nexu attack three of the party members.

Situational Modifiers: All PC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.

Weariness CT:
Caden -2 to all actions

Nexu 1 - 35/45
Nexu 2 - 18/45 CT -1
Nexu 3 - 37/45

Physical Modifiers: -1 to all PC's action rolls due to slick, muddy, or boggy ground and waist high foliage that can block view

Consumption:

PCPrimarySecondaryWeapon 3Misc
Brimlightsaber n/aholdout blaster 0/12frags 2/3
Cadenhvy blaster pistol 3/200frags 0/2
Faroklightsaber n/a
Kaida*blaster carbine 1/150Lt Repeat blaster 0/150frags 0/3
Logar*blaster rifle 10/150Hvy blaster pistol 0/50frags 0/8
Samblaster pistol 0/150Slugthrower 10/150frags 0/3
Fett*blaster carbine 10/150Flamethrower 0/5Missiles 0/4jet pack 1/10
*not all weapons listed
-amunition is either power packs (50 shots each), or energy cells (6 shots each) and are added together in your total - what is in the gun and the spare clips you have

Equipment:
Brim - hold-out blaster with 2 energy cells, lightsaber, 1 frag, 2 medpacs
Caden -  heavy blaster pistol with 3 spare power packs, hold-out blaster, 2 frag grenades, combat gloves, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3-day food supply, 3 medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), medical kit, all-temperature cloak, datapad, credit stick
Farok - lightsaber, baton, 2 medpacs, back pack, 2 blaster pistols
Kaida - blaster carbine, heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster with spare energy cell, light repeating blaster with 2 spare power packs, 3 frags, shadowsuit and helmet, 2 concealed holsters, all-temperature cloak (unless armor makes it useless), basic datapad, binder cuffs, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, 4 medpacs, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, 5 ration packs, 2 computer spikes (+2), security kit, credit chip
Logar - blaster rifle, DH-23 "Outback" blaster pistol, heavy blaster pistol, 8 frags, vibrobayonet 3 spare energy cells, modified clone trooper armor (+6 armor, +2 Fortitude, helmet package), field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmosphere canisters, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak), 2 medpacs
Sam - blaster pistol with 2 spare power packs, slugthrower rifle with 2 spare rifle clips with Targeting scope, 3 frags, hip holster, Satchel shoulder, 2 medpacs

Initiative:
Fett (+11)
Sam (+11)
Farok (+1)
Nexu (+12)
Kaida (+11)
Logar (+11)
Brim (+6)
Caden (+3)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Fett's actions...
MOVES 6 squares to close distance
STANDARD fires on the Nexu in front of Brim
:00: DC 16 ranged +11, firing into melee -5, foliage -1
Rolled 1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9

damage if successful 3d8+6 : 5, 3, 4 + 6, total 18
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok attacks Nexu 3

Dc16
Rolled 1d20+8 : 19 + 8, total 27

DMG:
Rolled 2d8+1 : 5, 8 + 1, total 14
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Nice hit, Tom - almost a critical. Nexu 3 is 36/45 CT -1.

I also recommend Farok taking a Swift action to Second Wind. Let me know if you want to.

Telcontar

:ooc: I tired finding that in the rule book a couple weeks ago. I am going to guess that it gives me my second wind score back in HP. what are the criteria to do that?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: You need to spend a SWIFT action to do it, and you are limited to one Second Wind per game day.

donimator

Sam continues to climb into the sniper blind (or is he up yet?)

:ooc: Do I have any actions left Doug, or is he still climbing?

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Tom, I will update in the AM.

Don, I have Sam completing the climb and now in the blind, as of round 6, so you have all your actions for 7.

donimator

:ooc: Sorry Doug - I missed your last post in round 6

Sam reaches the blind platform and sees that it is a good vantage. Switching his slugthrower to single shot, he braces it against his arm/torso connector and zeroes in on the closest Nexu squaring off with Brim. The round sent, he looks through the scope for the next shot.

Sam's actions
Swift - switch weapon mode
Standard - Ranged Attack vs Nexu fighting Brim
:00: DC16  Ranged +9, Precise shot - no penalty for fire into melee, -1 foilage, -2 Short Range (I believe)
Ranged +9, -3:  1d20+6 : 16 + 6, total 22

Dmg if hit - 2d8+3:  2d8+3 : 8, 4 + 3, total 15

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Don, yea, the -2 penalty for range is present because you do not have 2 SWIFT actions to Aim, otherwise your scope would reduce the range by one band. Still, a 22 is a hit and 15 damage is applied to Nexu 1, which kills it.

Now they attack:

Nexu 2 attacks Caden
Full round action to attack with claw, claw, bite
:00: DC 22 melee +8, CT -1
claw 1d20+7 : 18 + 7, total 25

claw 1d20+7 : 1 + 7, total 8

bite 1d20+7 : 2 + 7, total 9

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 2 + 7, total 9

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 3 + 7, total 10

bite damage if successful 1d6+7 : 1 + 7, total 8

Nexu 3 attacks Farok
Full round action to attack with claw, claw, bite
:00: DC 16 melee +8
claw 1d20+8 : 19 + 8, total 27

claw 1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9

bite 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 4 + 7, total 11

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 2 + 7, total 9

bite damage if successful 1d6+7 : 6 + 7, total 13

tomcat

Nov 28, 2011, 08:08 PM #11 Last Edit: Nov 28, 2011, 08:10 PM by tomcat
Brim heard a high-pitched whine as the bullet from Sam's rifle tore through the air and then the Nexu's head snapped in an odd direction. The slug penetrated behind its right ear and shattered the creature's skull causing the bone and metal fragments to shred its brain. The beast slumped forward dead with only a simple yelp.

Beside the Rodian, Caden and Farok still were under pressure from the Nexu that attacked them with raking claws and ferocious teeth. But reinforcements were also arriving - Fett, Logar, and Kaida all closed the range to their friends.

:ooc: All right, Caden suffers 9 damage  :csu:

Farok needs to try and Block a DC 27... I think he is due!  ;)

Telcontar

The stereotypical Jedi calm was starting to wear a little thin with this planet. Perhaps it was a result of being on a desert planet for years or perhaps it was getting his butt kicked by two furballs in a row in the middle of the jungle.

Block Roll DC 27
Rolled 1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

:ooc: I am going to burn another force point.

Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Nov 29, 2011, 06:09 AM #14 Last Edit: Nov 29, 2011, 06:12 AM by Telcontar
Drawing upon his inner strength Farok again parried the nexu.

"Furball, you caught me on a bad day."

:ooc:Doug, also my last attack should have been 18 points of damage. For some reason I am either not putting it in correctly or something but the dmg is 2d8+2+3 not +1.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear