• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 07:44 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Nexus' attack - round 3

Started by tomcat, Oct 10, 2011, 08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Oct 10, 2011, 08:26 AM Last Edit: Oct 11, 2011, 08:05 PM by tomcat
Situation: The team is set upon by three Nexu that have stealthily maneuvered in to attack

Situational Modifiers: All PC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.

Weariness CT:
Caden -2 to all actions
Brim -1 to all actions
Farok has suffered 28/72 damage

Nexu 1 is DEAD
Nexu 2 has suffered 18/45 damage and is -1 on the CT
Nexu 3 has suffered 23/45 damage and is -1 on the CT

Physical Modifiers: -1 to all PC's action rolls due to slick, muddy, or boggy ground and waist high foliage that can block view

Initiative:

Fett (+11) 30
Nexu 2 (+12) 27
Nexu 3 (+12) 22
Kaida (+11) 29
Sam (+11) 14
Caden (+3) 13
Logar (+11) 13
Brim (+6) 9
Farok (+1) 3
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Oct 10, 2011, 08:26 AM #1 Last Edit: Oct 10, 2011, 08:40 AM by tomcat
:ooc: I made some corrections to the situation so read above to determine if you suffer from any penalites.

I will get the leading initiatives posted here shortly.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Tomcat,
the first four initiatives are yours!
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

Kaida scowled when her shot missed, but pulled up her carbine and shot again at the same creature. She then backpedaled a few steps out of range of the thing's claws.

:ooc:
Move: SE diagonal three squares
Swift: Born Leader (allies in LOS get +1 to attack)
Standard: Shoots at N3 again

Carbine with -5 shooting into melee applied 1d20+2 : 17 + 2, total 19

If hits...
Damage: 3d8+3 : 3, 8, 2 + 3, total 16

sdrotar

Caden lined up another shot, putting both hands on his blaster and aiming carefully, in order not to hit Logar by accident.
He held his breath for a moment and squeezed the trigger...

:00: Attack Nexu 2 - Caden's skill (Ranged heavy blaster pistol +8 (3d8+4) with Point-blank shot), -5, firing into melee, -2 Fatigue = +1
Rolled 1d20+1 : 17 + 1, total 18

Damage if successful:
Rolled 3d8+4 : 4, 5, 7 + 4, total 20
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 10, 2011, 04:58 PMTomcat,
the first four initiatives are yours!

:ooc: (-D yea, I know, Tom. Sorry for the delay. We talked at lunchtime and here it is 12 hours later and I am finally getting the start of the round going. Left the office early, went to doctor for this cold, and then crashed. Now, it is time to post.

Good posts for Kaida and Caden - I will put them in order of initiative for the end results.

Fett attacks Nexu 3
:00: DC 16 ranged w/ Point Blank and Rapid shot +9, firing into melee -5, phys mod -1
Rolled 1d20+3 : 5 + 3, total 8

damage if successful 4d8+6 : 7, 3, 3, 3 + 6, total 22

tomcat

:ooc: Fett missed

Nexu 2 attacks Logar
Full round action
:00: DC 24 melee +8, CT -1
claw 1d20+7 : 18 + 7, total 25

claw 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26

bite 1d20+7 : 5 + 7, total 12

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 3 + 7, total 10

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 1 + 7, total 8

bite damage if successful 1d6+7 : 4 + 7, total 11

Nexu 3 attacks Farok
Full round action
:00: DC 16 melee +8, CT -1
claw 1d20+7 : 14 + 7, total 21

claw 1d20+7 : 17 + 7, total 24

bite 1d20+7 : 12 + 7, total 19

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 4 + 7, total 11

claw damage if successful 1d4+7 : 1 + 7, total 8

bite damage if successful 1d6+7 : 6 + 7, total 13

tomcat

Oct 10, 2011, 08:07 PM #7 Last Edit: Oct 11, 2011, 08:11 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Logar takes 18/72 damage; Farok needs to Block if he wants before I add up the damage.

Nexu 2 takes 20 damage from Caden, for 38/45
Nexu 3 takes 16 damage from Kaida, for 39/45

Sam, Logar and then Brim to finish the round

Telcontar

:ooc: ok lets see if I got this right.
Attack1: I'm going to use Force power makashi riposte, spend a Force point to take zero damage, and then make an attack (Reaction)
To Hit:
Rolled 1d20+8 : 17 + 8, total 25

1/2 DMG even on a miss:
Rolled 2d8+1 : 1, 3 + 1, total 5

Attack2: Block Attempt DC24
Rolled 1d20+10 : 12 + 10, total 22

Attack3: Block Attempt DC19
Rolled 1d20+10 : 12 + 10, total 22

Standard Attack for the Round:
Rolled 1d20+8 : 6 + 8, total 14

DMG if succesful:
Rolled 2d8+1 : 7, 7 + 1, total 15
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

:ooc: Ok....I forgot the -1 for terrain but the results are the same. I hit for 8 points (forgot to add +3), then take 8 points, block the bite attack and miss with my attack. 8 Dex and one arm was a bad idea. BTW, if i am blocking somethings natural attacks with a lightsaber wouldnt it automatically take damage, I assume touching the blade is a bad thing.  >:D

Farok was more prepared this time around for the creatures attack. As with a blur of motion he was able to counter most of its attacks against him as bits of foilage and snarls filled the air. Some from the beast and others from the one armed man who was not prepared for jungle combat.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, Tom... a couple things about your rolls:

1) To perform the Makashi riposte requires you to make a Use the Force check first to try and block the attack. If successful, you still take half damage but gain the riposte attack. To expedite, here is the UtF roll +10-1=+9 at DC 21:

Rolled 1d20+9 : 10 + 9, total 19

2)If the UtF check fails, the whole riposte is a failure. More to follow once we see the results.

tomcat

Oct 11, 2011, 08:05 PM #11 Last Edit: Oct 11, 2011, 08:16 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Okay... the Mikashi failed, unless you want to spend the FP on the Reaction roll to increase the Use the Force roll. This will negate your ability to use an FP to get rid of damage, as you can only use one FP in a round.

Now, as for the other rolls:

Because the Mikashi roll was in essence an attempted Block, the remaining Block rolls are allowed but they are reduced by a cumulative -5 for each roll taken after the first.

So, the roll against attack 2 becomes 17, and then attack 3 a 12 - so you will be hit by both of those attacks, too, unfortunately.

To make a suggestion, I say use the FP to increase the Mikashi riposte UtF roll so it is successful, and that way you will be able to deal damage twice this round, even though you will take damage of 5+8+13=26. Killing the thing seems the best defense for you.

Let me know if you have questions.

Regarding your question about Blocking with a lightsaber against a natural weapon (or any non-lightsaber weapon) - I went to the PTB on the Wizards website and bounced this question there. The consensus returned is that the Saber is not necessarily physically blocking everytime, but causing the attacker to pull its attack. So, no was the answer, appendages are not being hacked off around the galaxy when people are parried by Jedi.  ;)

Telcontar

:ooc: Ok I looked it up. the wording on the character stat block led me to believe that the force point was automatic succes. I see now that the roll still needs to suceed.
BLOCKS: I'm not seeing though where the riposte counts as a BLOCK in regard to the cumulative penalty which is why i was trying to use them in tandem. The riposte isnt really an attempt to block the attack as it is to gain an advantage from the attack itself.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/27078549/Makashi_Riposte_unusable
The sixth post down makes me think that it doesnt. Also there is this thread:
http://www.d20radio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8117 fourth one down.

Also since its a reaction and a reaction against the first attack would the Nexu provoke an attack of opportunity from me with each successive attack? pg32 (JATM) Lightsaber Form: "until the end of your next turn the target provokes an attack of opportunity from you if it makes an attack and is in your reach."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

donimator

Sam tracked both of the bobbing Nexues (Nexii??) and settled on the one straight ahead. Farok was blocking, but luckily Sam found an opening where his arm should have been.

Sam fires on N3
Slughtrower, PB range +10, -1 slick, Precise Shot:  1d20+9 : 3 + 9, total 12

Dmg if hit, 2d8+4:  2d8+4 : 4, 7 + 4, total 15

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear