• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 10:43 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Malastare

Started by tomcat, Sep 24, 2011, 09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Sep 27, 2011, 05:57 PM #15 Last Edit: Sep 28, 2011, 05:07 PM by Jingo
Kaida didn't say much, she was much too intent on hauling all her gear. It was difficult preparing for EVERY eventuality and to then carry it on your back. The explosives looked a bit much for her, so she didn't say anything but merely nodded when Logar picked up her share ( :ooc: and if he doesn't pick it up, she'll give him... a certain look to help him remember his duty). Her eyes scanned the foliage for any threat as they marched along.

She fell back and wished Kara and come along. For some reason this felt like another suicide mission. Maybe it was because she knew what and who would soon be pursuing them if they were successful on their venture, or maybe it was because Fett was involved and was ostensibly an ally. She tried to shrug off the uneasy feeling that began creeping over her.

:ooc: Edited per later post

Telcontar

:ooc: WHOOO no way the Twi'lek goes on the suicide mission. Doug, help me out here. Outside of the Ryloth convention of aid and succor.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Actually, I was about to respond here Tom to clarify to everyone...

the only characters outside of the Aegis are: Brim, Caden, Kaida, Logar, Farok, and Sam ... and of course Boba Fett. Kara and Ardana will be staying with the Aegis.

So, Jingo, you will need to edit your thread, or leave it but understand that Kaida is performing different activities when marching.

Now for other answers...

Quote from: Jingo on Sep 26, 2011, 06:05 PM:ooc: Do you have a listing of the ship's supplies somewhere just in case I'm missing something?

No, I have not generated a list of supplies carried on the Aegis. I leave these kind of things to you guys. If you guys are in port and you tell me you want to stock 20 medkits, that is fine. I can start a list of everything you keep and make the deductions from the financial pool, but you guys need to let me know and be specific, instead of a post that states, "I am gonna want to buy some medpacs and power packs."

You can start an inventory list on the Character Stat Blocks thread. As I have stated in the past, I have no idea turning editing control of your characters over to you but you need to make a post on that thread. It can say one word, but then I will cut and paste your PC stat block. So, you can control your PC possessions, make an inventory of carried and non-carried items, etc.

Anyway, nuff said about that stuff... I have a good idea of five PC's possessions (Kaida, Logar, Caden, Farok and Brim), so we should be cool. No one is carrying an encumbrance load beyond their capacity, even with the explosives. So, no encumbrance penalties... just terrain and environment penalties.  ;)

Onto the game.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Sep 27, 2011, 09:08 PM #18 Last Edit: Sep 27, 2011, 09:33 PM by tomcat
Brim, Logar and Sam all retrieved one of the packs of explosives from Fett's ship's landing ramp. Once done, the bounty hunter closed his vessel and followed after the others.

The Rodian had seen Farok close his eyes and allow the Force to move through him and so he did the same. The result was to almost knock him down with the feelings of life that was around him. The staggered Rodian felt Logar grab his arm and right him, to which Brim gave a dismissing gesture to say that he was okay. "The living Force is strong here," was all he said to the soldier.

Logar nodded and then moved out. Brim taking heed of Fett's suggested positioning began to move ahead of them all at a brisk pace. He had been a scout during the Clone Wars and his instincts and talents were returning. His innate species talents for the hunt also came into play and his senses were alive as he advanced.

The team found firm ground and traced up the valley alongside the swamp. The walls of the valley on each side were visible at times between the trees that grew about, and the other fauna that grew upon them. The stone rose at steep angles that would allow no access without climbing gear.

One mile passed and then another. By mile three, the companions legs ached from the march and their shoulders were sore from the straps of their packs. They had been moving for almost two hours and still had a distance to go.

:ooc: Farok UtF roll yields no dark tremors in the force, but it does fill him with an impression of the abundance of life around them and that some of it is dangerously predatory.

I need a couple rolls here:

Each team member needs to roll an Endurance test DC 15 to determine Weariness. Results of the roll will determine the affects listed below:

15 + = Success - not weary / Sam has standard reduction of power for 2 hours (out of 100)
11 - 14 = Failed - character is weary and suffers -1 on CT / Sam has power reduction of power for 4 hours (out of 100)
6 - 10 = Failed - character is weary and suffers -2 on CT / Sam has power reduction of power for 8 hours (out of 100)
1 - 5 = Failed - character is weary and suffers -3 on CT / Sam has power reduction of power for 16 hours (out of 100)
Condition will remain until PC can rest for 8 hours (Only after all 100 hours are used up will Sam be affected by the Endurance CT penalties,; he needs to power down for 1 hour to restore 100 hours operating time.)

Also, I need one Perception roll from the PC's to try and beat the following DC's 24, 21, and 18. PC's will suffer a -5 penalty due to the fauna that surrounds them. Your rolls results will determine what you perceive.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc:
Brim's Endurance check
:00: DC 15 Endurance +10
Endurance 1d20+10 : 4 + 10, total 14

Brim's Perception check
:00: DC varied Perception +9
Perception 1d20+9 : 17 + 9, total 26

Telcontar

Rolled 1d20+3 : 17 + 3, total 20
Endurance Roll
Rolled 1d20+11 : 2 + 11, total 13
Perception Roll
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Fett's Endurance check
:00: DC 15 Endurance +11
Endurance 1d20+11 : 12 + 11, total 23

Fett's Perception check
:00: DC varied Perception +11
Perception 1d20+11 : 16 + 11, total 27

donimator

Sam's Endurance Check
Endurance +3:  1d20+3 : 1 + 3, total 4

Sam's Perception Check
Perception +12:  1d20+12 : 7 + 12, total 19

:ooc: Doug, sorry for the extra 'droid' typing  ;D

donimator

Quote from: donimator on Sep 28, 2011, 06:09 AM
Sam's Endurance Check
Endurance +3:  1d20+3 : 1 + 3, total 4
:ooc: Damn humidity  :x

Callowmoryne

Endurance check
Endurance+8
Rolled 1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16

Perception check
Perception+10
Rolled 1d20+10 : 12 + 10, total 22

Jingo

Endurance: 1d2+4 : 1 + 4, total 5

Perception: 1d20+9 : 2 + 9, total 11
(negative on perception not applied)

Jingo

:ooc: Oh... Sheesh! C'mon dice gimme some love.

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Jingo, reroll your Endurance because you rolled a d2, but what did you mean by the Perception negative not applied?

watanabe

Anything on the ship need fixing?  ;D  I might try some maintenance if I can do so, while keeping track of the group.