• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 11:01 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Cool down

Started by tomcat, Sep 02, 2011, 06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Caden, while waiting for a response, helped Kaida with first aid where he could.
He wasn't willing to condemn Kara yet.

First, they were being hunted, and it's possible someone recognized her - in which case, they were all in grave danger.
Second, Kara had been around the block a couple of times. Caden knew she gambled, and perhaps someone from her past wanted paid. Even in a galaxy this big, it happened sometimes - more often than you'd expect.
Third, even though she was still drinking, it seemed that she had made a real effort to quit those damned death-sticks, and so Caden was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Lastly, although he hated to admit it, the woman really could fly a ship... and he was getting used to having her around.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

watanabe

Kara twirled her blaster around pointed it at Farouk one more time then in a flash made it disappear into her concealed holster.

"You better buckle your seat belt when I fly this ship, wouldn't want you to get a concussion if I had to avoid some mysterious space debris."  Kara grinned as she mental watched herself spin the ship in a hard loop and could see the smug fool flying out of his seat and cracking his head on a panel.  Kara chuckled to herself and shook her head, she still had the Corellian inside of her.

Telcontar

"I'll be sure to follow all safety precautions and in flight breifings. Now, at the risk of sounding redundant. Who are those goonies connected to? And someone please tell me that that wasnt just Jengo out there giving me the death stare in the street. And is this in anyway connected to the Dark Jedi, the captivated sister, or this still birth of a rebellion that you guys have been talking about. So far this ship as got more loose ends than the frayed dune blanket off of a bantha. No wonder Kenobi bugged out of here and set this on me as some sort of penitential quest."

Cigar clenched in his teeth he eyed Brim as he took a small flask from somewhere in his robes and proceeded to take a swallow. Affixing the lid he tossed it to Kara, "Take a hit of that, with such a sweet disposition how could I mind the back wash."

Looking to Caden he ashed into one of the deep pockets of his over garments instead if the floor and smiled.

"Well anyone who as any idea of what's going on, please by all means..."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Brim sighed and stared at the bulkhead of the ship, "I do not blame her for her past - we all have something in our own. But not learning from it is another thing." He turned to Kara, "You are right, you said coming here was a bad idea, but you getting wasted and yelling obscenities didn't help." He looked at them all, "All right, I am done with my complaining. As for the bounty hunter, I have heard of Jango Fett, but I am not sure if that was him. He was the one that attacked us on Jovan Station, though." Brim looked at Sam and Kara, "So who was he? And what was he doing... helping us?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 08, 2011, 07:36 PM
"Take a hit of that, with such a sweet disposition how could I mind the back wash."

:ooc: oh my gosh that was hilarious! Way to go guys. Fun stuff. ;D

Jingo

Sep 09, 2011, 12:22 PM #20 Last Edit: Sep 09, 2011, 05:18 PM by tomcat
"The helmeted guy?" Kaida spoke to Farok while she bandaged her friend. "Who he is, I don't know. And I don't know if the one in the street is the same one back at Jovan Station. I drilled that one through with my blaster pretty hard, and I don't think he walked away from that, but who knows?" she shrugged as she yanked hard, making Kara wince and finished the wrapping and then stood facing Farok, brushing a strand of hair from her face. "While I'm glad he helped out Kara, I'm not about to start thanking that sort. I'd like to avoid them if possible because the Empire has a nasty habit of sending them after me."

---
:ooc: I can't remember if Caden and Farok were introduced. If not, I say this:

"So," Kaida clapped Farok on his shoulder giving him a wry smile, "welcome to the crew! Caden this is Farok. Farok Caden. Farok's our newest crewmember. I'm sure Caden will be pleased to ferry you around to the nether reaches of the galaxy for nothing more than idealistic visions. Come on Caden, don't look so dour."
---

"Now, are we finished here?" she looked at everyone. "As soon as we get the rest of our goods delivered, how about we get off this rock? Do we know where this Shade character is right now? Because that's item A on the agenda. Then we move onto item B, getting my sister."

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Jingo, Tom's character's name is Farok, not Falgor. I made the changes.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok stood up from the bulwark in which he was leaning and bowed slightly to Kaida, "Actually no Princess we are not done." For some reason the princess directed to Kaida sounded more like Princess instead of princess.

"The incident in the street will have repercussions, maybe not with the law, but unless we know who these fellows were working with a  water debt has been incurred by killing one of them. Whether the assistant was hired muscle or not makes no matter. If the dead one worked for someone they will hunt the other thug down to get answers to their questions on who did it, where, and why. This will be a debt of honor that will need to be repaid to save face. The individual worth of the thug is of no matter, it's a matter of tribe when one is killed and the debt not paid. Knowing something more of who these characters where and who he worked for I can better judge if this is an easily settled matter or one requiring more finesse so as not to blow up larger and later at some other place."

"Also the fellow in Mandorian armor is strikingly similar to a very prestigious Bounty Hunter named Jengo Fett, who had very close ties to the Hutts, both in the Hutt system and here on Tatoonie. While the colors are different the array of the weapons and styles are too similar to be ignored. If the Hutts are involved in any of your operations your plans will be soured by opponents you don't even know exist as strings in the background are pulled through proxies and catspaws. My guess is that one of the reasons you and your companions have flown from ambush to ambush is that you don't fully realize the enemies that you have or who your true opponents are.

"Without knowing the dangers or opponents you cannot plan for them or counter their moves. Neither equipment alone nor a fast ship with new identities will be enough. Facing a Dark Jedi is a daunting task. Facing one while other organizations that are richer, better equipped, and have you in their sights when you don't know they exist presents death and failure from too many angles. And that's before we even begin the quest of redeeming a high profile imperial prisoner."

"We need knowledge and information more than we need blasters and smuggling holds. So, I recommend we deal with the problem staring us in the face first. A dead weaquay in the street and a notourious Bounty Hunter willing to help a damsel in distress."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

"There are two ways we could approach this objective," said Brim, his thoughts building off of his new friends. "Either we seek him out, or we have him seek us out. There is little in the way of public information about the Bando Gora that I have been able to find on the holonet and so finding where they are will prove impossible and wasteful in time and supplies. But we know that they deal in deathsticks and perhaps we can draw him out using that lure." The Rodian could see that questions still alighted his friends' faces, and so he continued. "Maybe we try to make a big purchase... not for real, but setup a sting to draw them out with the idea of a big buy."

"It would never work." Everyone started at the new voice and turned around to see Boba Fett standing just outside of the ship's lounge area, where the rest of the crew sat. Hands went to weapons, but Fett raised both of his palm out, "No need for any of that... I am here to help. If you don't want it, just say the word. And Whitesun, you may want to re-consider your ship entrance security."

Jingo

"It's a good plan," Kaida said to Farok though she didn't understand half of what he said regarding water debt and tribes. "But it seems awfully tangential. Still, you may be right. Knowing ones enemy is indeed crucial to understanding them and eventually defeating them. What do you propose?" But she wondered... this could take an awfully long time, time they didn't have while the galaxy crumbled around them.

She then sat on the couch and listened to Brim's reply and was about to reply, when Fett showed up. Her hand drew her blaster in a flash and her eyes darted around the doorway for any other threats. She kept a bead drawn on the bounty hunter.

"Help?" Kaida sputtered. "You--you, or someone dressed like you, was after me in Jovan Station!" they had him outnumbered. If they all blasted him at once, they could take him down. But they were in Caden's ship and blaster bolts inside a ship, as Farok said, wasn't the best idea. Also, this could be just what they needed. Or it could be an elaborate trap of some sort. "Do some talking, and do it quickly, or you'll find yourself chewing carbon through that mask!" Her blaster rifle hummed at full power for emphasis.

tomcat

"On Jovan, you were on the opposite side of an equation," Fett said with no emotion. The bounty hunter lowered his hands but he did not go for any weapons. If Fett were nervous about his position, he did not display it to the others. "Fortunately for you, Katan, you are no longer in demand. I have also been asked to offer some assistance. It seems that you are on the path of the Bando Gora and their leader... I might know a little bit about all of that."

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 09, 2011, 06:47 PM
"It would never work." Everyone started at the new voice and turned around to see Boba Fett standing just outside of the ship's lounge area, where the rest of the crew sat. Hands went to weapons, but Fett raised both of his palm out, "No need for any of that... I am here to help. If you don't want it, just say the word. And Whitesun, you may want to re-consider your ship entrance security."

"Yeah," Caden said in amazement. "I'll look into it." Fett was clearly extraordinary. Despite his wisecrack, Caden did have onboard security - Sam had seen to it himself - and though it wasn't military-grade, it wouldn't have let anyone else in, especially without a peep.

If Fett had wanted to kill them, he could have mowed most of them down already. He obviously had something else in mind.

"Asked," Caden queried, " by Jareen Antturus? These Bando Gora folks must be a bigger problem than he let on."
Caden already knew the answer, and the one thing that might save them - Fett was a businessman. A murderous, immoral one, to be sure, but he had clients to keep satisfied... and in that way, he wasn't ever entirely in charge.

He wasn't sure how they could use that, but he filed it away nevertheless. In the meanwhile...
"What do you know," he asked. "We're not all as... talented as you are."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Sep 10, 2011, 09:25 AM #27 Last Edit: Sep 10, 2011, 09:29 AM by tomcat
"Yes, the request was made by Jareen. The Bando Gora are a plight on businesses, in any form, but mostly those kind managed by Anturrus and his people. They use threats and anarchy to force legitimate businessmen into their fold and those that do not comply disappear - sometimes they are made public examples. That is not to say that Anturrus and his organization do not do the same, but the Bando Gora do not try to work in concordance. They are more anarchists outside their own. So, yea, they are a problem and that is why leaderless they are kept in check. My understanding of them is that they exhibit a hive mind trait and the leadership comes from the top. The rest of the pack is mere drones. Eliminate the head, and the body is left lifeless." Fett relaxed his stance completely, "My father, Jango, dealt with the Bando Gora. He left me many data journals on his life, business, etc. I am willing to offer you this information and even help you in this endeavour... I don't care much for Force-users." The helmeted-face fell on Farok. "So to kill the Shade would be a pleasure."

Boba Fett then looked at Brim, "Making a large purchase will do you little in uncovering the Bando Gora, you would just be dealing with their mules - people that are forced into their servitude. Even to the top of the deathstick production line, it would not draw out the shadow. But, if you disrupted that production line... hit them where it hurts by reducing their supply... that will make them come investigate."

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 09, 2011, 07:41 PM
"On Jovan, you were on the opposite side of an equation," Fett said with no emotion. The bounty hunter lowered his hands but he did not go for any weapons. If Fett were nervous about his position, he did not display it to the others. "Fortunately for you, Katan, you are no longer in demand. I have also been asked to offer some assistance. It seems that you are on the path of the Bando Gora and their leader... I might know a little bit about all of that."

Kaida looked at Fett. She wasn't so naive to believe that the Empire had dropped her off their list. Once they had a warrant out, there was no stopping them. "I'm no longer in demand? Somehow I find that hard to believe Mr. Fett. You know the Empire won't ever stop looking for me. So why not try to take me now?" She hadn't lowered her blaster. She didn't like this. Didn't trust him one bit.

tomcat

Fett answered coldly, "I didn't say the Empire was no longer looking for you. I just said you are no longer in demand... to me. Which means, I have no interest in you."