• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 06:31 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Cool down

Started by tomcat, Sep 02, 2011, 06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Caden, Kaida and Logar were walking through the crowded streets of Mos Entha, on their way back to the Aegis. The items they had wanted had been procured, a few they would just need to wait for delivery. As they walked, they noticed that the people on the street had begun to mill about and a large crowd had formed. There was apparently some activity going on, as emergency lights were flashing and the Mos Entha police were present.

Kaida peered through the crowd to discern what was going on. She felt her breath cease up in her chest, and the blood flow from her face when she saw the red and green colors of the Mandalorian bounty hunter's helmet standing amongst the police. It appeared as if he was answering questions.

:ooc: I will build Sam, Kara, Farol, and Brim into this thread after you guys give me some insight as to what you did when Fett told you to get out of there.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Caden tried to peek into the crowd as cautiously as possible. Tatooine was a rough-and-tumble place; it was likely that whatever had happened didn't concern them.
Then again, he thought, it could. He signaled to the others to stay back a bit - and be ready to get away at the first sign of danger.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

:ooc: Sorry folks I was out of town in Germany. Doug, build me into the story somehow and I will go with it. I can possibly work some magic with the polizei.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

Quote from: Boba
"The law will be here soon. You need to make yourselves scarce for now. I will be back to you soon. When I do, we shall talk."
Sam backed away, slowly lowering his pistol. He wasn't sure what was going on, but did not need to be around for the trouble, even on a backwater world like this. He turned and walked quickly away to the Aegis. There were few normal days anymore.

tomcat

Sep 05, 2011, 04:59 AM #4 Last Edit: Sep 07, 2011, 09:19 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Time synch will be out by a few minutes here, but we can still run everyone in this thread. Sam and company will be leaving well before the law gets there and when Caden and company see the results of the conflict. Just keep that in mind when we bring everyone together again in the same place.

Haven't heard from Nick yet, but with Kara wounded, I am sure she will be leaving, too. Not going to include her in the narrative yet just in case, so if Nick gives me something else, I won't have conflict. If he had her leave, then I will just add her in with you all.

Tom, because you said you may have some pull with the law - I left your starting point amiguous, so you may go whichever direction you wish.

Brim noticed that Farok now stood next to him. The two watched as the confrontation subsided. Sam was talking to the bounty hunter, but they could not hear from the commotion around them, all they knew was that Sam was now backing away from the area. When he turned his back on Fett, Sam saw his friends and pointed to an alley - not the entrance to the Aegis' bay. The droid was acting automatically due to his evasive software coming on line. The thing Sam knew they needed to do was to get out of the area, find cover, which in this case would be to mingle amongst the ordinary citizens of these Tatooine streets, and only then after a short time would they make their way to the ship.

It was standard maneuvers, but still Brim seemed confused as he caught up with the droid and started to follow, "What the hell just happened, Sam? I come out of the docking bay to see you and Kara in a gun fight - and that bounty hunter is helping?!"

Neither noticed that Farok had not yet started in their direction.

Caden moved himself into the crowd to see what was going on, and to maybe hear those that were speaking. As it was, there were quite a number of people standing about watching while the Mos Entha police conducted its clean up. From his vantage point, Caden could see there was a body laying on the ground on a large stain of blood-soaked sand. Whoever it had been had had the better part of his head removed. Even as he looked, two investigators draped a large cloth over the deceased.

The Bestinian looked around and could see there was blaster scoring on the face of one of the mech shops, as if blaster fire had come from the street at a target above. Had the victim been assassinated? His question was not an impossibility based on the bounty hunter's presence. Caden continued to squeeze closer so that he might hear what was being said between the large police officer and Fett.

"I don't care what your official documents say," said the officer. "We don't allow murders to happen in our streets."

"No matter," replied Fett non-chalantly. "The fact is I have papers that claim this individual had a legal mark placed by the Guild - and it is dead, or alive. I tried the latter, but unfortunately he did not comply. So, if you or your officials have any challenge with this you are welcome to take it up to the Galactic Senate, or even to the Emperor himself."

"The Emperor doesn't rule here," the officer grunted.

"No, but if you think his influence doesn't filter through your politicians, you may want to re-think your public occupation. Words like those may cause you to have to look for work soon."

This seemed to inflame the officer, "I'm no politician! I am a cop, and I will do my job based on the laws of this world!"

"Then as a cop, you should be happy to have us working alongside you," answered Fett, unmoved by the police officer's fierce reply. "Look, if you need me to go in with you for more of your questions, then I will gladly accompany you, or are we done here? I have a contractor that will want to know that this Weequay pirate is dead."

"Actually, yes, I have some more questions!" The cop was sounding perturbed. "I have witnesses that say that there were a few others involved in this incident." He looked at his notes, "I've been told a woman was shot and her droid helped her."

"Yes," answered Fett. "There was a woman. As I came up on the Weequay to apprehend him, he engaged a female that had been walking along the streets. I do not know their business. The woman's droid drew his weapon to protect his mistress. The Weequay's companion then attacked from the rooftop," Fett pointed. "I fired to put an end to the pirate, and saved the woman. She and her droid ran off... that's all I know. The problem you have is that his Trandoshan friend is still out there."

Caden backed away, not clear of what was going on here based on what he heard. Kaida was with him, so who was the woman that was with the droid, Kara? Or did this have nothing to do with them at all? Kara always seemed to have a lot of issues no matter where they went. And why would Fett be here? The Bestinian exited the crowd and moved back to his friends.

:ooc: Okay, go with what you guys want to do. Brim will follow Sam. If you need more, let me know.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok moved his way towards the center of the crowd to get an idea of what was happening here. The bounty hunter seemed to have everything in hand, but a little help from the sidelines wouldn't hurt. Farok was tempted to use his force abilities, but he knew the consequences and still was not quite ready to give himself back to the Force. Light saber training was one thing, but using his powers in the open street quite another. Farok pushed his way to the front.
"Officer, I saw a wounded person rushing through the streets that way. If you hurry you can catch him, I am sure the woman and the Droid were of no consequence and you shouldn't trouble to include them in your report."
Farok realized despite himself that he had embraced the force and attempted to bend it to his will to convince the officer to move along. Success or not it was significant, by doing so he knew that Ardana and he were no longer safe here on Tatoonie, he was coming up on the radar. Once again the force had manipulated him, pushed him along the path that it chose despite his desires. Events always began with something small, a jedi trick here, a few words to warn a stranger, and then Farok would find himself further from where he had intended and the Force ruling his life once again. Today he would need a drink.

Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21
Use the Force Roll Jedi Mind Trick
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Kaida hung back in the shadows of a building with Logar and waited until Caden returned and made his report. She didn't know what was going on, but a Mandalorian showing up was never a good sign. One bounty hunter had been after her. Was this the same one? With their stinking armor on, you could never tell. Still she was somewhat reassured at Britton's collapsed blaster rifle she kept hidden under her cloak.

Once Caden returns...

"Come on," she told the men. "I don't like the look of this. Lets avoid the local police and the helmeted guy and get back to the ship. This way..."

:ooc:She'll move through the alley ways with Logar and Caden in tow to get back to their ship unless something else happens of note.

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on Sep 06, 2011, 07:51 PM

Once Caden returns...

"Come on," she told the men. "I don't like the look of this. Lets avoid the local police and the helmeted guy and get back to the ship. This way..."

Caden nodded in agreement.
As the walked back to ship, he mumbled, "Looked like the same guy... I hate that guy."

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

The police officer began to scratch out notes, mumbling, "The woman and the droid had nothing to do with this." He then looked up, "What did this person look like that you saw? Man? Woman? What species? And in what way were they wounded?"

Farok could see that his use of the Force had been quite effective. The officer was looking at him with earnest to get the answers to the questions posed. The warrior created some information and the cop diligently filled out his pad with the data. When done, Farok looked up to see that the helmed visage of Boba Fett was staring hard at him, if staring were the right word for it. The police officer began to issue new orders and Farok deemed it a good time to make himself scarce. While the police activity picked up anew, he mingled into and disappeared in the crowds.

Logar followed Caden and Kaida as they made a circuitous back to the ship's docking bay. The soldier had his hand on the grip of his weapon, but still had it slung in a non-offensive position. His natural skills of perception were up and watching to make sure he could see an ambush before it might take them.

It took them another ten minutes and then finally they made the turn into the bay tunnel and entered the large circular hangar where the Aegis sat. The landing ramp was down, although the inner airlock was closed so that the cool air within the starship would not bleed out into the oppressive Tatooine air. Caden punched in the code and the doors opened with a hiss. The trio moved up to the first deck where the sounds of an argument was going on.

"Dammit, Kara! It is constant. The pub the other night, where you got yourself sauced and probably led those two goons to us. Then we are shooting blasters in the streets. Get it together!" Brim finished, frustration in his voice. Sam and Farok stood nearby, neither saying anything as of yet.

Jingo

Kaida entered the ship and frowned at the conversation. They didn't need this. Sure Kara had some problems, but who didn't. While Kaida didn't approve of her drunken state of late, at least she only crooned to her bottle, unlike Logar who crooned at his rifle all the time-- She shook her head and approached.

She was about to tell Brim to cool down and then she saw Kara's wounds, and she rushed to her. "Kara! Are you hurt? What happened?"

She pulled out bandage and some bacta and began dressing woman's wounds.

Telcontar

Farok stood off to the side observing the crew and aimlessly stroked his beard. With a start he realized that it reminded him of Kenobi and immediately stopped. He only had one hand it should be easier to keep it occupied he thought. When Brim finished he spoke up.

"CCocha! A past is not something that goes away because you or someone else wants it to.  Your anger is misplaced and not improving the situation. There are more important things to concern ourselves with. Specifically why someone who is strikingly familiar to Jango Fett is getting involved in gun fights in the street, and why he would be willing to interfere with the authorities to protect those who were. Speaking of the authorities we should have no further interference from them. Kara will not be mentioned in the report, and shootings in Mos Ethna are not common they are not rare either; the business of the Hut's and the gangs spills over here occasionally. Though if we are bugging out of here I am going to need a spot for one more on the ship."

He reached into his robes and produced a cigar, what he really wanted was a drink, but the recent crusade against drinking that just came up he thought better of that. He bit off the end, spit it into a pocket so as not to litter in the ship and sparked up his cigar. Farok leaned up against a corner of the ship, though he made it look more like lounging while standing up. So as not to exicte anyone to much he did manage to stand just below one of the air scrubber intakes. Beard stroking was thus effectively put to rest.

"Now, Sweetheart, who were those fellows and do they have friends that we can expect?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I am really enjoying Farok. I chuckle with each 'sweetheart' that he says.

watanabe

Kara was overwhelmed by everyone yelling at her.  She gave a nod of thanks at Kaida as she tried to bandage her wounds.  She looked at Brim and shook her head.

"I would have told you to stay the frack away from Tatooine Brim.  This place is a wasteland and every time I come here its trouble whether you drink or not.  Those people who showed up would have found me eventually, and its better here where we can shoot and run than someone like Imperial Center."

Kara grinded her teeth for a moment and then pulled her blaster from her holster and pointed at Farok.  She lowered it from pointing at his chest towards the point between his legs.

"You call me sweetheart one more time, and I'll make you into a sweetheart, if you get my drift."

tomcat

Telcontar

Farok looked at the Corellian and took a deep draw off of his cigar before replying.

"Relax, you're gonna bust at the seems and leak blood all over the ship otherwise. Besides didnt anyone tell you shooting in a ship is a bad idea. You might hit something important. So these two sand beetles, do they have friends we need to worry about and what's the deal with the armored guy?"

Unfortunately there was no intake to deal with the ash that Farok knocked off the end of his cigar and with a flick of his hand sent to the floor.

In the time that Brim spent with Farok he began to notice that he had chameleon like qualities to him. Granted he had some personal habits that were consistent, but he seemed to use different speech patterns and vocabulary depending on who he was talking too. His mannerisms also changed slightly as well. Whether it was part of his ability to stay hidden for so long, his Jedi training,  or something about his background or personality he was unsure, but he seemed to asses each person's character and in some way respond to it and provide something either familiar or expected for them.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear