• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 08:44 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Distraction...

Started by tomcat, Aug 15, 2005, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:arrow: OOC: With the rescuing of Camentir, everyone has been awarded 200 XP and all characters have earned enough for an advancement.

Post your picks and I will update everyone's character sheets and re-upload them.

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Noble Mien
Inspire +1
Armed Combat: Blades (Longsword)
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Palandil

Warwise improvement +1
Ride +1
Hardy

Tomcat could you please email me the new sheet.  I have tried again to view the character sheets but I still only get the last page.  It shows that there is 2 pages but the first is blank.  Could  be me( :roll: ).

tomcat

3 Picks
Spellcasting (4) - Healing (1), Kindle Fire (1), Wizard's Hand (1), Wizard's Fist (2)

1 Pick
Healing +1
Treat Wounds
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

Acquire Order Skill Swift Strike
Armed Combat Spears: +1
Armed Combat Swords: +1 (+2 for Favoured Weapon)

tomcat

I am just waiting on the last characters to make their picks and then we shall continue...

Doug

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcatI am just waiting on the last characters to make their picks and then we shall continue...

Doug

OOC: That would be me. Sorry...

Swift Strike Edge (last improvement possible) - 3 points
Armed Combat (Longsword) +2 (Favoured Weapon edge) (order skill) - 1 point
Stealth (racial skill) - 1 point (can't deal with those Untrained penalties any more!)
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Character sheets have been uploaded for:

Durgil (revised)
Fengel
Edrahil
Daelhun
Dirnhael

I just need the two dwarves to post me their Advance picks and then we'll be all set - going to continue with a new thread tomorrow though

Stefan

Sorry, I didnt realize that I had advanced.

+2 smithcraft (Armor-Smith)
+1 StoneCraft (Fortification)
+2 Armed Combat (Axes)

Raising my craft skills to +4 allows me to use the Speedy work clas feature on them so if I need to next time I really can work twice as fast.

tomcat

Stefan,

Armed Combat is a Non-Order skill for a Craftsman - it cost 2 picks per 1 Skill point.

So, you need to re-evaluate your picks.

Doug

Stefan

Yes but it is a racial skill for dwarves and according to the chart that's still only 1 pt/pick

GandalfOfBorg

Only during charcter creation is it that way.  After chargen the only Order Skills, Native Skills (Lore, Language), and skills selected for Cross-Order Skill ability are 1 pick.

Unless Tomcat house-ruled that, which I don't recall if that is so...
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

Well it's on the Advancement Picks Table so I assumed that I could take it at advancement as explained in the ruled on pg.279.  If thats wrong then I'll just take one point in Armed Combat Axes and I'm good. (And I'll call up Chris, who helped proof the book, and tell him that I'm killing his character for screwing up!)

+1 Armed Combat (Axes)

tomcat

I use a House Rule that Scottomir had introduced way back when - the beginning SIX pixks that you make for Racial chargen are considered Racial skills for purpose of Advancement. They will remain a Racial skill until an Order is chosen which will convert it to an Order skill. It then is subject to the Order rules and having only two Orders active.

On my character sheets Skill's section is a column that has an N, O , R:

N - Non-Order
O - Order
R - Racial

I see an N there Stefan so if we need to re-do your sheet, let's. In fact Stefan, if you have your original chargen notes, I would love to see them because I have some questions about your character.

tomcat

Quote from: StefanWell it's on the Advancement Picks Table so I assumed that I could take it at advancement as explained in the ruled on pg.279.  If thats wrong then I'll just take one point in Armed Combat Axes and I'm good. (And I'll call up Chris, who helped proof the book, and tell him that I'm killing his character for screwing up!)

+1 Armed Combat (Axes)

The Errata explains that only the Native Language/Lore skills are Racial after chargen.

Anyway, see my post above and get with me on your character via the PM that I send you with my questions. It will not be until later tonight that I get it to you.

I will take your original Advance picks for the moment based on my House Rule also given above.