• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:18 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Meeting to order...

Started by tomcat, Aug 11, 2005, 07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

On Deck-2, the senior staff had once again congregated in the Briefing Room. Townshend pushed a button to start the computer recording as Darkan started their second meeting within the same day, and most likely, on the same topic.

OOC: Hey Matt, feel free to start the meeting and make your queries. I just want everyone to remember that except for Tam, everyone just thinks that the girls are really great - they might even protest the information that Tam could convey.

All of this scene will follow the bullets of elapsed time:

-Staff meeting's start - 2 hours to AC (Antidote Completion)
-Tam being drawn into the meeting will add an additional 30 minutes to AC as his staff will complete the synthesis but will wait for him to approve the mass quantity production - time will be re-evaluated based on the activity up and to the captain's staff meeting - 2.5 hours to AC
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Everyone notices as he sits down that  Darkan has seemed to recover somewhat from his dark mood of earlier, but the sternness is still there.  "Juan, we'll start with you.  What's the status of our away team(s) and repairs to both ships?"

Turning to Grahm, "What is the status of your investigation?"

Addressing the table, "So what are our options for assisting the Hydraens escape the nebula?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:arrow: OOC: The following information is given so that you guys may give a report for your characters (this post is not to be an answer to Darkan's queries)

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg"Juan, we'll start with you.  What's the status of our away team(s) and repairs to both ships?"

-The Columbia is at 100% except for the standard maintenance. Even the electrical discharge that caused some shorts and sparks, really just only shook the ship.

-There has been no response or any change in the Golayshian for the last 60 minutes. The Leprechaun shuttle has yet to be ordered to leave.

-The sensor ghost has been eliminated

Quote from: GoBAddressing the table, "So what are our options for assisting the Hydraens escape the nebula?"

I'll let you all reply as you wish on this one

Quote from: GoBTurning to Grahm, "What is the status of your investigation?"

"Sir," said Grahm, "I believe that we have uncovered a direct relationship between the behaviour of our crew and the Hydraen females." But then Grahm suddenly felt and looked flustered, "Err... I mean that the doctor and I have noticed that the crew that have been around the ladies from the Golayshian have been quite smitten by them. The doctor thinks it might be more and he has been running some scans... but I will let him tell you about his doings. Anyway, sir, I do not believe that the Hydraens pose any threat to us."

By the time he finished speaking, Grahm was tightly rubbing his hands together. He seemed to be in conflict and it could be visibly seen on his face.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"Alright.  The shuttle is cleared to leave.  Alex, I want you to bring the Columbia in as close as you can to the Hydraen ship after the shuttle departs.  There's no sense in losing contact with more of our crew."

"So Doctor, what do you have to report?"
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorgEveryone notices as he sits down that  Darkan has seemed to recover somewhat from his dark mood of earlier, but the sternness is still there.  "Juan, we'll start with you.  What's the status of our away team(s) and repairs to both ships?"

"The Columbia is an excellent condition, sir. The shockwave that hit us did little more than shake us about. There was no major damage, and we're operating at essentially 100% power."

Ramos' concern was evident as he continued.

"However, regarding the Golayshian... we have no new updates. There has no response from my engineering team for over an hour. I am concerned."

Quote from: GandalfOfBorgAddressing the table, "So what are our options for assisting the Hydraens escape the nebula?"

"Until we recover our team and analyze the situation aboard the Hydraen ship, Engineering has no suggestions, sir."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Edrahil / Tam

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg"So Doctor, what do you have to report?"

Dr. Tam paused as he thought for a moment... given what he now knew about the effect of the pheremones on the crew's anatomy, and the reaction he'd observed from the crew towards Grahm for his comments, he started to rethink what his answer was... openly confronting the crew about the aliens would be more likely to have a bad effect than a positive one at this point, he felt. And although he knew that there was a rule in Starfleet that would allow him, as CMO, to force the captain down from command in instances like this where the captain's judgement was impaired, Tam couldn't imagine any way that would help either... it would just cause chaos within the crew, and tip off the Hydraens that he was onto them, possibly forcing them into more desperate measures. No, it was better to stay silent here and continue his work in relative secrecy until the serum was ready.

"Fortunately, my experiment failed to turn up any evidence supporting that theorum. I could continue studying it if you'd like, but see no reason to. The Hydraens seem like a fairly peaceful people."

With that lie now floating in the air, Tam hoped that he'd done the right thing. At the very least, he was sure that he'd done it for the right reason.

[OOC: Just FYI, I'm leaving early Wednesday morning for GenCon, so won't be posting much for the week after that. But if any of you will be there, stop by and see me. I'll actually be running the Trek RPG sessions all weekend, so should be pretty easy to find, especially if you're signed up to play in them! ;-)]

GandalfOfBorg

Darkan gave Ramos a brief look when Tam said that their theory didn't pan out.  "I knew they weren't the reason for the crew acting up," he thinks.  "So have you been able to discover anything out of the ordinary as to the cause of the disturbance between the two crewmen? Could it be the nebula itself?"

"What is the status of the injured after the nebula discharge?"
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Darkan gave Grahm a brief look when Tam said that their theory didn't pan out. "I knew they weren't the reason for the crew acting up," he thought. "So have you been able to discover anything out of the ordinary as to the cause of the disturbance between the two crewmen? Could it be the nebula itself? And what is the status of the injured after the nebula discharge?"

To this Tam answered, "Captain, I am still collating data on the two patients. I will inform you the moment that there is any new information. As far as the injured yeoman, she is recovering nicely. Her burns were painful to be sure, but she will be fit for duty within the day and have no scars to show of her ordeal."

The doctor smiled as he completed his response to his commander. All the while he wondered, "Who is talking in your head Captain?"

It was Mr. Grahm that spoke up next, "I am sorry Captain, but what are we going to do? With each day that passes, we fall behind our schedule for our primary mission. I have no desire to leave the Hydraen ship behind, but certainly we could just take them along with us. There is a space station on our route to the 'Wedge'."

To this Pushkin excitedly chimed in, "Yes, sir there is! Starbase 157... we could take the Princess and her folk there and perhaps someone could return them for their ship."

"What! We are going to have them on our ship for another two weeks!" griped Towshend, her face showing her disapproval as much as her words.

"And why not!" replied Pushkin angrily, "You've had something up your crawl since we dined with them last night, Jess!"

"And you could be tripping over your tongue if you're not careful Alex! The way you've been panting around behind her!"

Across the table, Grahm began to fluster as well as his mind was suddenly torn with the Hydraen named Lijeea and the brown-haired communication officer in front of him. Townshend was so concerned about Alex... she must have feelings for him. The Tactical officer felt an acid ball form in his belly... "Damn the diminutive Russian!" he thought. The jealousy that swelled within in him began to turn to hate. "We'll see who wins her affection," was his last thought as Dr. Tam spoke again loud and forcefully.

"No matter what our choice, we cannot go anywhere until the fate of our shipmates upon the Golayshian, as well as the Hydraen crewmen, is resolved."

To this statement, the officer's eyes all began to move about the room to see if any had an answer but all settled upon Darkan at the head of the table.

Suddenly, the comm panel beeped. "Bridge to Captain Darkan..."

:arrow: OOC: Feel free to interject any character dialogue you want to the above... Chris, I know you said you were leaving town but I forgot what date you said as I was writing this. If there is any change you'd like to make as to what Tam would do or say, feel free to post the change.

GandalfOfBorg

Darkan opens his mouth to answer as the comm call comes through.  Momentarily relieved at the distraction, he answers, "Darkan here... go ahead."
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

Ramos sat in shock; trying to keep his jaw from dropping.

The doctor had said he had found nothing, but Juan could see it with his own eyes - his crewmates, the leaders of this vessel - were acting like prep-school children before the homecoming dance!
"Something has to be happening," he thought.
His mind flashed to the woman who spoke to him in Engineering... she wanted his attention, but he was too busy to speak with her.

Then it came to him - nearly every male department head, save himself and the doctor had a different girlfriend...date...companion...whatever - and now they were acting out of their minds.

Even Stonn had been out of character - inefficent, inconsistent - and since his bizarre behavior (for a Vulcan) on the bridge had been brought to his attention, the science officer had seemed sullen and withdrawn. Even during the outburst between Grahm and Townshend, Stonn had sat there like a stone, as if such emotionalism was entirely normal.

"Something is happening," thought Ramos.

He made a mental note to speak with Dr. Tam as soon - and as quietly - as possible.
In the meanwhile, he didn't care how pretty they were - he wasn't getting within arm's length of any Hydraen - they had pretty (or prettier, Juan thought) girls in Barcelona, too, and Juan could always keep his cool around them. Most of the time, at least...

tomcat

"Captain, I am sorry to bother you," said the comm officer on duty. "Sir, I just had a strange call from engineering... it seems that Emergency bulkhead overrides have been thrown and that access has been denied to a small area of Engineering. Sir, it seems that someone has sealed off the bulkheads that lead to the Matter/Anti-matter containment bottles and the tritium/deuterium filtration system."

The word 'bottle' was kind of a misnomer as the matter/anti-matter containment units were about 10' tall. Still, the puzzlement in the comm officers voice conveyed to the officer's in the briefing room. Who would have secured the area around the Warp engines? Why was a much easier question to answer.

sdrotar

The report stirred Ramos to momentary anger. He briefly flashed a glance in Grahm's direction - they were at yellow alert, and had visitors on the ship, and Security wasn't screening who traipsed in and out of Engineering?
Grahm didn't return his glare - or maybe didn't see it in the first place - but Ramos regretted it just the same.
What was done was done - now they had to solve it.

He flipped his comm toggle at the table.
"This is Ramos. I want to know if any Hydraens were in - are in - Engineering. If so, I want them out. Now. I want an emergency force field placed around the sealed bulkheads - as if it were a breach. Get on it!"

He looked across the table. "Captain, there are means to override the bulkheads, but they all take a long time. And my top team is on the Golayshian - potentially under duress. I'd like them back immediately, sir."

He started to simmer again.
"This is either an attempt at theft or sabotage. If it's the former, we're in better shape. Transporters don't function in the nebula, and the emergency field we'll fire up should seal them in. If it's sabotage, however," Ramos paused. He didn't need to go any further.
"We'll need to get inside there as soon as possible."

"Damn it," he thought, "all these years, and sailors still aren't wise to Sirens..."

tomcat

:arrow: OOC: Very nice posts you guys - I am enjoying this!  :D

I love the last line on your post Shawn...

I hope you guys are enjoying this craziness too!

Doug

GandalfOfBorg

Darkan's dark mood had come back - betrayal!  How could they do this considering their hospitality?!  There was no way any of those witches would influence him again!  "Grahm, take a security detail with Juan and see that all Hydraens are detained.  We'll see about getting our crewmen back.  It looks like they may be coming with us after all -- to spend some time in a starbase brig."
Gwaithlim Weapons