• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 12:52 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Tatooine heat

Started by tomcat, Jun 16, 2011, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jul 29, 2011, 05:18 PM #120 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011, 05:44 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Actually Shawn, Logar was standing guard outside at the ship's entrance. I have no problem if he followed Caden on board so that you are all present. I need some PC interaction regarding Farok. I don't wish to bog the story too much with new character approval, but we need it for flow - so debate him, but come to a conclusion soon.  ;)

Brim saw Kaida glance at Farok and he knew what her concerns were.  The Rodian was the one who had brought the one-armed man into their ship and so he felt obligated to speak for him. "Caden, he is a new friend. He aided me with Kara and has been a good guide within this city. We had all arrived when we noticed our other new acquaintance standing near the ship." Brim gestured towards Ben. "As Kaida said, this is our contact - this is Ben."

Kenobi stood and offered a hand to Caden in greeting. He had a kind face, though his eyes seemed sad and the Tatooine sun had begun to age it prematurely. "Captain, it is a pleasure."

Brim continued to Ben, "I think that we are all in this together, correct?" The Rodian looked at Danjapa, to which the engineer just shrugged in surrender to his fate. Obi-wan crossed his arms, while one hand went to his bearded chin, stroking it. He looked at Brim and Farok with a long gaze and seemed to glean some quiet knowledge. He pointed, "It may be best if you two stick together."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok recognized the man immediately after he came into the light.  The one armed man had been in the desert a long time, but the sight of the man before him drained the rich dark sun seasoned color from his face. For a moment he closed his eyes in pain as if old memories played again through his head. The name was different but there was no mistaking the man who stood before him.  Farok gave a slight bow to the man calling himself Ben.  Through his head all he could think of was all the seemingly random unconnected moments that had led him to this one moment in time. Here on Tatoonie he had thought to hide from the Force and the Jedi, and now before him, here on Tatooine, was probably the last Jedi Master in the galaxy.

He walked with the others into the ship, unaware of the looks the companions gave hom, his eyes were riveted to the robed man Ben. Farok spoke to Brim in the ships lounge oblivious of the others around them, "Had I known my day would have brought me to this I would have kept my tongue and never spoken to you." Farok looked at the robed man. He did not want to reveal the man Ben for what he knew him to be, his anger at the Jedi had not devolved into spite.

As a cast out he knew that the man before him by tradition could demand his light saber from him. No matter that he had made it with his own hands, the proscription from the order was clear.  It was symbolic, any cast out or failed Padawan would on demand have to surrender their weapon to a legitimate Jedi. Farok knew it was a check against rogues and false Jedi. A legal measure of the old days to protect the order and punish the false, those who resisted were assumed to have darker motives.

Farok felt a need to obey the forms but also to conceal the identity of the man before him.  Not without a passing thought he realized how deep the Jedi training had shaped his consciousness and thought patterns.

Farok struggled with whom to address first so just spoke, "I am Farok, the one known in the deep as Sand Walker, a man of the desert, born, lost, reborn, and lost again."

He knew saying that name, the name the deep desert people and huts knew him by, was dangerous. Just by saying it he knew Ardana and he were no longer secure in Mos Ethna, their anonymity potentially compromised. He continued, "So among friends I offer the water I carry for the good of all.  As faith in your hospitality Captain Caden I will lay my weapons down." Farok reached to his belt and laid down the obvious retractable baton, and then into the folds of his pinned sleeve he produced the light saber and laid it on the table.

He then spoke the formal words but looked only at Kenobi, "I stand before the tribe as a guest and will keep the peace of the tribe."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

Caden was incredulous. Organa's scheme was obviously wide-ranging, but it was clearly fragile.
And they had brought someone they just met into the ship - someone who smelled like he lived in a saloon, by the way - where he could see Danjapa, and told him about their "contact"?

As a noblewoman (or former one, at least), Caden figured that Kaida had never smuggled anything - otherwise she'd be a lot more careful.

"Charmed," was all he managed to say to Farok. "Brim had better be one hell of a judge of character," he thought. He thought it again after the man produced a lightsaber and set it on the table.

He wondered what the Rodian and his new friend would think after Caden explained that they were also about to become a hit squad - but that discussion would come later.

He returned Ben's handshake. "Sorry about the introduction - it's been a long day. Glad you're here. I suppose we have a lot to talk about."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Jul 30, 2011, 08:25 PM #123 Last Edit: Jul 30, 2011, 08:33 PM by tomcat
"Aye, we do," was Ben's short reply to Caden. He looked back to Farok and picked the lightsaber up off of the table.

The Jedi Master then turned to Danjapa, "Antar, we are glad you have been successfully rescued and are safe. These people around you were sent by a friend. A man who has taken great risks, along with a few others within the senate, to beging to weave an opposition to the Emperor. Your knowledge of the new expirimental craft, the TX-65..."

"The X-wing?" Danjapa said, straightening his back and becoming more interested in the conversation.

"Yes, that is what I have heard it called."

"The Republic did not show enough interest and now with the Empire, they went with the TIE's."

"Correct," answered Ben. "But the TX-65 does have a potential user. The individuals for whom I have come would like to have you design and build them quite a number of wings of this fighter craft. They have seen the blueprints and the X-wing will make a viable fighter/attack craft with long-reaching capabilities due to its hyperdrive."

"But, why?" Danjapa was confused. "Who are they going to war with?"

Ben looked at the engineer, "The Empire." He let the words sink in a moment. "If it comes to war. Who knows, if the resistance can truly be rallied and in great enough strength, the Emperor's control may falter before he even can bring any assets to stop us. We need you Antar to help us with this. That is why we sent Caden and his crew - to rescue you."

The engineer slowly sat back until he was rigid against the bench, "What about Incom?"

"The company is still operating and there are still more engineers that we need to speak to, but only a few have the intimate undestanding of this craft that you do. We have facilities that can start production... but we need you. What do you say?"

Danjapa had one more question, "Who is we?"

Ben gave him another hard look, "I will only answer that question if I can get your pledge that you will aid us. Otherwise, you are free to leave and find your way." Another moment passed and Antar's mind raced about his recent past. Locked up and beaten by the hands of this new Empire. And why? Because he had knowledge of weapons design. He had loved the Republic and hated what it had become. He nodded, "I will serve this new organization under one condition... that it is its purpose to restore the Republic. To restore democracy to our galaxy."

Obi-wan Kenobi extended his hand once more, "We would have it no other way. I am Obi-wan Kenobi, Jedi Master and I am now in service to Bail Organa and Mon Mothma, along with a few other Senators that have made the desicion to rebel against this new Empire. Senator Iblis of Corellia is waiting word that you are with us and I can have you transported there. The Corellian ship facilities will be available to you to commence your design and building of the proto-type."

Antar Danjapa looked at everyone in the chamber. "So it begins here? Very well, I am in. When do I leave?"

"We will be leaving in a moment. I must finish up with Caden and his crew," answered Ben as he turned to the captain of the Aegis. "Organa sends his thanks and congratulations. You pulled off the mission well and it is his hope that you will be able to assist us from here on out." Obi-wan reached into his robe, "As promised, here are the things that you all had requested."

On the table, the jedi spread out documents and a credit stick. He stood, "Caden, here are documents for your ship. It will give you access to spaceports that are not well tied into the B.O.S.S. There is also identification cards for all of you with new names and identities. Bail is trying to get your legal names cleared, but these must do for the moment. Lastly, as he told you, Organa is willing to support your efforts as he can. The credit stick is an account that is buried under a few front companies and procurement departments that should not bring any attention by using it. There is 35,000 credits available on it and Organa will continue to feed you funds as he can. He asks that you use the money to acquire those things that are needed most for any missions that you handle for he and his friends, but acquire funds of your own to handle your day to day living. He understands that a good portion of the money may be used for start up procurement. Any questions?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

"No," Caden replied. "That's very generous - the credits will help, and the ID's, more so."
He thought about the Shadow, and their "job".
"So we're off to Corellia, then? Before we go, I'd like to discuss something in private, if I may."

He ignored the looks of his shipmates for now; he didn't want to keep them in the dark, but a Jedi master... Caden hoped Kenobi could shed some light on the subject of the Shadow, this Bando Gora, and everything related to them - perhaps even who Antturrus' people were.

Then, if he had a better idea of how to proceed, he'd gladly fill the rest of them in.

tomcat

"To Corellia? Only if you need to. Danjapa will leave with me - I already have transport arranged. You need do nothing else until you hear from Organa through one of our channels, so don't be shocked if you receive a strange message." He then changed course, "Where would you like to talk in private?"

Caden gestured to his own quarters and Kenobi stood. Before he followed the captain, he looked at Farok and handed the lightsaber back to him. "It is a good weapon, and I can tell it was built by you. You will need it in the coming storm. I have heard of your exploits on this planet and you have been lost. Try to stay on the path of the Force, even if the doubt that took you from the teachings of the Jedi Council still ring loudly within you." Obi-wan pointed to Brim, "Besides, your friend here will surely need training. The Force is strong within him, but he has little knowledge of the ways of the Jedi. You must pass on what has been taught to you - even if you have forgotten your way. May the Force be with you."

Brim and Farok both looked at one another as Obi-wan Kenobi left their company and went with Caden. The Rodian asked no one in particular, "How... did he know?"

Inside Caden's cabin, the Jedi Master looked at his host, "What can I do for you, Captain?"

:ooc: I should have stated this a post ago, but I want to make it understood that the credits are party funds to do with as you please. You guys can split it up evenly, spend it as a group, or not use it until necessary, but it is party treasure.

sdrotar

Caden explained everything to Kenobi; Antturrus' "deal", their tale at Bakura, and how they came to be in Organa's service.

He suspected the Jedi master knew some of it, but not all, and hoped that he might be able to shed light on matters. Who did Antturrus represent? Who were the Bando Gora? How could they wrangle their way out of what seemed to be a mob war and get back to helping this resistance?

He didn't expect Kenobi to approve of Caden's agreement to terminate the Shadow (something, given their experiences in the past, that Caden wasn't sure they could accomplish anyway), but he knew he needed some guidance nevertheless, and this man seemed preternaturally wise. More than that, unlike Antturrus, Caden knew Kenobi was on his side.

He could handle flying by the seat of his pants, but the storm that grew around them was so large, and had formed so quickly, that Caden felt far out of his element.

tomcat

Aug 01, 2011, 11:57 AM #127 Last Edit: Aug 01, 2011, 12:25 PM by tomcat
Obi-wan listened quietly while Caden recounted his tale - only adding a nod here or there. Once done, the Bestinian sat down and looked to the Jedi for answers.

Kenobi started, "I have a bad feeling about this. You all have definitely gotten yourselves into a jam." He stared at the floor, "Hmmm... I knew Ulric's master, Korif Tau. He apparently died over Coruscant when Grievous attacked. I myself was on Grievous' ship rescuing the Chancellor. Anyway, I digress.

"I will start by telling you what I know and from there, hopefully you will be able to find your right path. First, Antturus is a name that I am familiar with. As you surmised, he is a gangster although I am certain he is not involved with the Hutts. I lean towards a larger organization, although some say it is just a myth - the Black Sun. Have you heard of it?"

Caden had.

"It would seem that of the three parties involved, two are going to be at odds and the third is willing to play you against them both. Meaning - Varta and the Gora are clashing in their illicit trade, but the Sun will use you to play against the others thus weakening their opposition. It is a rather bold tactic.

"As for the Bando Gora, I thought the cult had fallen apart years ago. There was a time before the Clone Wars when the Outer Rim was having terrible troubles with the Gora. Large corporations were being pressured to do the cult's will, and if they opposed them, key leaders would be assassinated or found mysteriously dead. It had a crippling effect. The Jedi Council was implored to act on behalf of the Republic after the planet Baltizaar was attacked by the cult. It was Count Dooku that had been given the command to lead an expedition of Jedi against the Bando Gora, but he left the Jedi Order before the team departed for the planet. We of course know that he betrayed us all and soon came to lead the CIS against the Republic. It was Dooku's padawan, Komari Vosa that was lost on Baltizaar. I understand that she fell to the Dark side and quickly rose amongst the ranks of the cult to eventually lead them.

"And then they were gone, again. Why I don't know but I had heard for good, but not so based on what you are saying." Obi-wan did his characteristic stroking of his beard, while his mind put the story pieces together. "And now you say another Force-user leads the cult. Most likely another fallen Jedi... so many in these dark times."

The Jedi master looked up at Caden, "You have a lot on your plate. You can walk away, but it seems that greater powers now are attempting to direct your path, or remove you permanently from it." He came to a conclusion and outlined his thoughts, "By eliminating the Shadow, you will help the Republic by sending the Bando Gora cult back into anarchy where hopefully it will tear itself apart. The problem with the Hutts and the involvement on Bakura will go away, if this Antturus can be trusted. And if it is the only thing that they have requested of you, then you walk away with your freedom, relatively clean of the world in which you have been immersed.

"If Antturus truly has the capability to do what he says.

"Organa may be able to get it done, but it will take time as he must employ subterfuge to work within this new Empire. For now, he has created you new identities, which you must embrace or live as outlaws. Lastly, if the galaxy goes to war again with itself, it all may not matter." He sighed, "You are on your own Caden. I am sorry to say, but Senator Organa will not be able to support you on this mission. I cannot tell you what to do, I can only offer advice. As a Jedi, I must always be wary and even now I hide on this world, and so you have to decide your own path.

"It is the old adage, 'the devil you know is better than the one you do not.' Antturus may be your best ally here and you may acheive everything that you want, but be careful as to how much credit you take from these people. They are draconian businessmen who will get what they are owed, plus interest."

Kenobi looked at Caden symapthetically. He had nothing more to give or say.

sdrotar

Caden nodded. It seemed they had little choice but to assist Antturrus anyway, and if Kenobi thought the removal of the Shadow was beneficial, then at least some good would come of it, and perhaps they'd be free to live their lives once more.

It was worth the gamble, he figured.

Armed with new identities, fresh credits and a new purpose - they were going hunting.

After he had spoken with Kenobi, he rounded up the crew, making sure to include Farok. If he had Kenobi's blessing, well, Caden had taken on the others with a lot less than that.

"We're all tired of being hunted," he started. "Now, we have an opportunity to become the hunters."

He explained what he had learned from Antturrus, and about how it seemed that they could destroy the Shadow - and help themselves and this region of the galaxy - or be more vulnerable then ever; hunted by the Empire and by the drug-dealers.

But they had advantages; Antturrus clearly did want them to succeed, for his own reasons, and the new identities provided by Senator Organa would make traveling easier. And in the end, the Shadow had them on the run and in his sights, anyway. Another confrontation seemed inevitable, but this time, he hoped, they wouldn't be playing defense.

"I'm tired of running," Caden explained. "Anyone else?"

donimator

"Captain, I am with you always. I prefer to look ahead than over my shoulder."

tomcat

Aug 01, 2011, 01:04 PM #130 Last Edit: Aug 01, 2011, 01:06 PM by tomcat
:ooc: What I want to make sure that I am getting across, too, is:

- That Organa is trying to quietly, and semi-legally clean your records. In the meantime, all he can offer is new identities.

- While Antturus can make all the bad go away by a simple word, due to the internal connections that they have, giving your lives back completely... who says crime doesn't pay?  ;)

Now yes, government officials should have the same kind of savvy and pull, but this is a bad time to be a government person. Senators are being watched, eliminated, etc. Whereas people outside the rules have an easier time, as long as they don't get caught.

Okay, in regards to the hunt that you guys may commence - it is not necessary that it happens immediately. The Aegis can sit on Tatooine for a few weeks if you want and Sam can work, Logar can buy equipment, the Aegis can get upgrades, etc.

Just let me know what you guys want to do.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 01, 2011, 01:04 PM
:ooc: What I want to make sure that I am getting across, too, is:

Okay, in regards to the hunt that you guys may commence - it is not necessary that it happens immediately. The Aegis can sit on Tatooine for a few weeks if you want and Sam can work, Logar can buy equipment, the Aegis can get upgrades, etc.

Just let me know what you guys want to do.

:ooc: The Hutts are here, we can reload/upgrade, and as long as we can learn something, I don't mind sticking around if anyone has something else to do/RP.

tomcat

Kenobi exited the captain's quarters and returned to the group that sat in the lounge. He looked to Danjapa, "Gather your things, Antar. We must be on our way."

The engineer smiled, "I have nothing but these clothes. I am ready."

Obi-wan looked to the group. He knew that Caden had just discussed with them that which he had brought to the Jedi. This was a mission that they were on their own and so all he could offer were words. "I do not envy you this task, but it seems that the only way for you to have your freedom restored, you must pass through this shadow. Trust in each other and trust in the Force. It will see you through." He looked at the Rodian and the former Jedi padawan, Farok, "Find your path again. Carry on what you were taught and teach it to your companion. The Order is all but extinct now, save those few that still hold the knowledge of what was - and we are all in hiding. I wish you luck... may the Force be with you."

Danjapa stood and walked to where Kenobi was waiting. The Jedi looked at them all once more, "We shall be in touch with you soon. Organa is already plotting another move to spark the fires of resistance and to grow our assets. But it takes time and stealth, so do not expect a blatant call to you. It will be a subtle communique. Is there anything else?" He looked around, "If not, we are on our way."

:ooc: Okay... posting has dragged to a bit of a halt here, but if you guys want to talk to a Jedi Master, now is the time. I am going to start a new thread, but feel free to talk to Kenobi if you want to.

Telcontar

Farok said nothing and was as still as the sand scoured rock of the desert while Kenobi was on the ship.  Once he had left with Caden he looked at the young Rodian by his side, "that was most likely the last Jedi master in the galaxy, of course he knows things. He also gave not a thought or a care to you or me. Words he offered, and words that no doubt to him carried great wisdom and sage like advice, but has it helped either one of us? That Brim is a Jedi of the old order, who no doubt passes his days reflecting on the meaning of each word and syllable of the code you spoke of earlier. Make no mistake, he did great deeds in times past, but his need to hide is as great as our own.  At least I had the courtesy to warn you of the hunters, he only confirms that we are pawns in his own games."

Farok picked up his baton and placed it back upon his belt, he scowled slightly as he thought about Kenobi. The more pressing matter of how the Force had dragged him into this was more on his mind.  How in the nine levels of hell had he survived and hidden on the same planet as Kenobi, the galaxy was in fact a very small place compared to the force.  As Farok thought about it he found that the thought became words spoken to Brim, "the galaxy is a very small place compared to the force." His scowl deepened...

Farok watched Kenobi go and had no other words for him. Once he was off of the ship he spoke again to Brim, "I will not be as obtuse as that one.  While you are here I will freely share with you what I know. I will not go to the hubris of having you call me Master, or the fault of calling you an apprentice, but if you wish to share knowledge at least for the time that you are on Tatooine I will accommodate. It doesn't appear that the Captain of your ship his happy to see me. It is of no matter as I have obligations elsewhere as well."

Farok picked up the lightsaber from the table where he placed it while Kenobi was still on the ship, it snapped alive and had the changing colors of deep glacial ice.  "To begin with, do you know the making of one of these or were you given yours?"

Farok stayed several hours on the ship making sure that the Rodian knew at least not to maim himself or others with the weapon he carried.  Farok smiled before he took his leave of the ship for the night, "perhaps I will in time show you the Sand Walker's charge." Farok laughed at the comment, a genuine full laugh and slapped the Rodian on the shoulder with his good hand.  "Tomorrow we will try this sober."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Quote from: sdrotar on Aug 01, 2011, 12:48 PMAfter he had spoken with Kenobi, he rounded up the crew, making sure to include Farok. If he had Kenobi's blessing, well, Caden had taken on the others with a lot less than that.

"We're all tired of being hunted," he started. "Now, we have an opportunity to become the hunters."

He explained what he had learned from Antturrus, and about how it seemed that they could destroy the Shadow - and help themselves and this region of the galaxy - or be more vulnerable then ever; hunted by the Empire and by the drug-dealers.

But they had advantages; Antturrus clearly did want them to succeed, for his own reasons, and the new identities provided by Senator Organa would make traveling easier. And in the end, the Shadow had them on the run and in his sights, anyway. Another confrontation seemed inevitable, but this time, he hoped, they wouldn't be playing defense.

"I'm tired of running," Caden explained. "Anyone else?"

:ooc: Hey Tom, I moved your post here as it fell in game time here, more than where you had posted it. Above you will see the post from Shawn re: Caden's inclusion of Farok in the team's upcoming challenge.

If that changes anything with your post above, go ahead and do it.