• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 05:23 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Tatooine heat

Started by tomcat, Jun 16, 2011, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

:ooc: Kaida approaches Master Kenobi before he leaves.

Kaida sat stunned at seeing Master Kenobi for several long minutes as conversation bubbled around her on the ship. She had thought all the Jedi Masters had been purged from the galaxy.

She waited for a moment when she could draw him aside for a few minutes. "Master Kenobi," she said, taking his hand and bowing politely, but with great sincerity. "It pleases me greatly to know you are alive and that you too are aiding Organa to fight against this darkness." She was genuinely pleased. She knew Obiwan was only one man. But even if only shards of a remnant of the Jedi Order remained in the galaxy, that meant there was something. Some hope for a restored republic where the voice of all free peoples would again hold sway.

"We have all suffered at the hands of this new tyranny. My family--" her voice broke momentarily and she struggled to regain her composure. "-- they were cut down some killed when the Empire invaded Commenor. Some were captured. Sam here, our droid, found records that my sister, Senator Kilstara, is or was in a re-education camp. Do you know anything of her current status, or anyone else of my family?"

She continued. "I want to help them, and I believe helping them could help foment a stronger resistance. We of Commenor, did not, after all, go quietly when other systems around us caved into Palpatine's demands."

tomcat

Aug 07, 2011, 05:16 PM #136 Last Edit: Aug 08, 2011, 03:40 PM by tomcat
Obi-wan shook his head, "I am sorry, I do not know anything of what happened to the House Katan of Commenor. When the Empire began its bombardment of your planet, we were already in hiding - or at least trying to evade the Imperial Inquisitors. I have heard through the holonet and othe means of your father's death, along with your brother. Unfortunately, I cannot aid you with any new knowledge." Kenobi's face truly showed a pained expression of sorrow. "These have been hard times, and so much has been lost. I know only that if your heart stays true, you will be reunited with your loved ones, and the strength that you shall bring to the resistance will be beyond match. I wish you much luck... may the Force be with you and help guide you."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

Aug 08, 2011, 01:52 PM #137 Last Edit: Aug 08, 2011, 01:56 PM by Jingo
:ooc: Going back and adding in Kaida's response to the conversation on the ship with Caden

Quote from: sdrotar on Aug 01, 2011, 12:48 PM
After he had spoken with Kenobi, he rounded up the crew, making sure to include Farok. If he had Kenobi's blessing, well, Caden had taken on the others with a lot less than that.

"We're all tired of being hunted," he started. "Now, we have an opportunity to become the hunters."

He explained what he had learned from Antturrus, and about how it seemed that they could destroy the Shadow - and help themselves and this region of the galaxy - or be more vulnerable then ever; hunted by the Empire and by the drug-dealers.

But they had advantages; Antturrus clearly did want them to succeed, for his own reasons, and the new identities provided by Senator Organa would make traveling easier. And in the end, the Shadow had them on the run and in his sights, anyway. Another confrontation seemed inevitable, but this time, he hoped, they wouldn't be playing defense.

"I'm tired of running," Caden explained. "Anyone else?"

"I'm as tired of running too," Kaida responded. "Eliminating this darksider will give us some breathing room. But what of the larger goal? How will it help with bringing down the Empire?" And how will it help me find my family? She decided to make a bid. She looked at Caden and the crew. "I will do all I can to assist you in this, but in turn, I ask that you all consider a larger goal. There is another mission, perhaps just as dangerous. Some of you know that my sister, Kilstara Katan, was a senator in the Republic. Now at the Empire's hand, senators who opposed Palpatine are being reeducated or eliminated on a mere whisper of rebellion. From the information Sam retreived from the prison database, we know that she has been captured by the empire and held in a re-education facility. If we could find and rescue her, we could gain an important ally. Perhaps one with not so many resources as Organa; but even so, combined, the two of them could certainly start something...larger."

sdrotar

"I'm as tired of running too," Kaida responded. "Eliminating this darksider will give us some breathing room. But what of the larger goal? How will it help with bringing down the Empire?" And how will it help me find my family? She decided to make a bid. She looked at Caden and the crew. "I will do all I can to assist you in this, but in turn, I ask that you all consider a larger goal. There is another mission, perhaps just as dangerous. Some of you know that my sister, Kilstara Katan, was a senator in the Republic. Now at the Empire's hand, senators who opposed Palpatine are being reeducated or eliminated on a mere whisper of rebellion. From the information Sam retreived from the prison database, we know that she has been captured by the empire and held in a re-education facility. If we could find and rescue her, we could gain an important ally. Perhaps one with not so many resources as Organa; but even so, combined, the two of them could certainly start something...larger."

Caden nodded. "The enemy of my enemy, right?"
He figured they'd be doing that soon, anyway... or Kaida would lead a mutiny.
"I haven't even gotten paid for carting you around yet," he reminded with a laugh. "Your family had better be loaded."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

"Don't worry, Captain," She said with some exasperation. "You'll get your money. And I assure you it will be worth your while. I just have to arrange some things first."

Callowmoryne

Aug 09, 2011, 04:28 AM #140 Last Edit: Aug 09, 2011, 05:13 AM by tomcat
Logar'Dan had a hard time with his feelings for Kaida. Not the kind of feelings that make your britches tighter he thought with a smile. He wanted to help her. To find her family, to start a rebellion. The thought of it would have had him laughing out loud a few years back. He was no longer looking out for number one though. Hed decided when Britton fell that he would step up to take the soldiers place at her side. Wherever she went, he would be there with a bloody blade or a smoking rifle in his hands. His mother would be proud. He made his eyes meet hers but not for long for fear of his emotions showing through. "Im in. The shadow, your sister, the rebellion. Whatever it takes. Im going to make contact with the that gunrunner and see about some better armor if thats ok. Ill need some credits. And a shopping list if you all need something nows the time."