• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 04:24 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Prison attack - round 16

Started by tomcat, May 27, 2011, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The party is split up - three on the second floor of the prison (Logar, Kaida, and Sam) and three on the roof (Brim, Kara and Danjapa), and Caden flies the Aegis above the prison; the troopers attack again.

Team Alpha 2 - 2 Regular troopers (S22 and S25), 1 heavy troopers (H9), 1 Officer (O5), and ISBO Falken Wright (ready to attack into prison area)

Team Alpha 3 - 4 Regular troopers (S11-14), 1 heavy troopers (H5), 1 Officer (O3) (incapacitated - all unconscious in prison level 2)
Team Alpha 1 - destroyed
Team Alpha 4 - destroyed
Team Alpha 5 - destroyed

Situational Modifiers: Logar is at CT -1; Sam is CT -2; Kara is CT -1

Physical Modifiers: none

Initiative:

Kaida (+11) 31
Logar (+11) 27
Brim (+7) 27
Sam (+6) 20
Imperials (+3) 18
Caden (+5) 15
Kara (+6) 13

Caden grimaced as he heard the Aegis' landing gear crunch into the roof. The sound of metal being smashed and duracrete cracking under the strain of the ship's weight, even with the repulsors on full. He hit the button to open the landing ramp and outside, three people saw salvation from the horrid battle in which they had been engaged.

Brim moved Danjapa onto the ramp and then waved for Kara to follow. The woman was quick to comly, as her wounds were agonizingly painful. The Rodian then turned around and looked down the manhole, "COME ON NOW! THE SHIP IS HERE!"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

:ooc: Everyone, remember if you're really hurt, spend a swift action and take your 2nd wind to get back 1/4 of your Hps. It may just get us out of hear without any more deaths.

Her gun registered dry and she cursed. Blasting that trooper had used up her current power cell. Blast! They needed time to get away and up the ladder without getting shot in the back.

"Sam! Get up that ladder!" She pulled the frag grenade off her belt--her last one--activated it and then threw it around the corner hoping it would land between the two troopers. Then she pulled back behind the wall, waiting for the explosion. Then she was running for the ladder, Britton's gun bouncing on her back.

:ooc:
Free Action: (Fast Draw feat) pulls grenade as free action.
Swift: Activates grenade.
Standard: Throws grenade to NW intersection on square H9 is in
Grenade Throw 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26

Damage if Hit 4d6+3 : 5, 6, 4, 6 + 3, total 24

Move action: Moves 6 to ladder ending up on square just "west" of Logar Dan

Jingo

May 27, 2011, 08:42 PM #2 Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:46 PM by Jingo
Reaching Logar's side, she spun and faced the room's opening and began ejecting her spent power pack. Aside from a few bruises and minor cuts, she was unharmed. Her heart was another matter, but she would grieve for Britton in her own due time and fashion. Now, she had to get the rest of the team out.

She nodded up the ladder. "You too, Logar. Go now, while you can! I know you love this stuff, but go now and live to love it one more day. Besides, Caden will need you on the belly turret. Don't worry, I'll be right behind you!"

She blew a strand of hair away from her face. She hoped her grenade throw had at least stunned the two troopers, and prayed the concussive blast bought the team enough time to extract.

ooc - Remember anyone in my LOS gets +1 to attacks. Also, I marked off my spent grenade and pp.

donimator

"Right behind you!" Sam yelled. He popped out to shoot at any target left standing after the carnage of Kaida's grenade and then moved to the base of the ladder.

Sam's action
Move: 1 square south
Standard: Ranged attack closest target (after grenade effects)
Blaster +8, PB Shot +1, CT -2, Kaida's bonus +1 = +8
Blaster +8:  1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9

Dmg, if hit, 3d6+3,+1PB Shot:  3d6+4 : 5, 6, 5 + 4, total 20

Move.2: Move north to ladder (Running Attack Feat)
Swift: Recover (1 of 3)

donimator

:'( Argh! Two 1's in a row. Sam will resort to just pistol-whipping with his blaster

Callowmoryne

:ooc: oh man this awesome, will try to post tonight when I get to my PC, good stuff people

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Ok Doug curious what the condition of these two troopers is that got fragged this round?

tomcat

May 29, 2011, 07:54 AM #7 Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:52 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Sorry again, guys! I have been busy with helping my healing wife and the new baby. I will try to keep things rolling faster.

As for the results of the attacks...

Kaida tosses her grenade in a perfect place and kills both troopers.

Sam steps out of the kitchen area and only sees the last officer. He pops off a shot as he turns to run, but the shot is wide.

Logar may act, but I have moved the officer on the map already. If it is your intent to attack again John, then I will calculate the results based on the officer's previous position.

Sam and Kaida ran to the ladder. The droid informed his two companions that Kaida's grenade attack had finished off the final troopers - only an Imperial Officer remained.

From his doorway hiding position, Falken watched as two more of his troopers went down. He did not have the men left to stop the attackers. The ISB officer fumed. The best he could do now was to get to the control room and report the attack to his superiors. For the first time, the noble Imperial felt a chill of nervousness.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

Logar gave Sam and kaida a sad smile. "Good work people. If we are relatively safe I think we should take britton with us. I can't see leaving him here. Maybe we didnt all make it out alive but we all make it out."

:ooc: I'll carry him if I can. If not I think someone brought along some rope.

tomcat

:ooc: With his powersuit armor on, Britton will be a load for Logar, but it can be done. I am sure that the other two teammates will help as well.