• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:13 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

SCENE 1: North to Eldanar

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2011, 01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nolmir

Cadoc gave Ioreth a light bow. "Thank you, m'lady." He glanced in Dirnhael's direction. "I give you my promise, even if it isn't the word of a lord - only a common man - that we will return in victory and safety. It might not mean much, but 'tis all I have to give."

Posterboy

May 29, 2011, 03:55 PM #91 Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:58 AM by Posterboy
At mention that the rooms were ready, Ginnar rose to retire to his bed. As he past by the Lady of the house, Madoc spoke:

Quote from: Nolmir on May 29, 2011, 11:15 AM
"Thank you, m'lady." He glanced in Dirnhael's direction. "I give you my promise, even if it isn't the word of a lord - only a common man - that we will return in victory and safety. It might not mean much, but 'tis all I have to give."

Ginnar smiled at the young lass as well, "Aye, we'll bring him back whole and wholesome, with more stories of great renown t' tell inspire the lads and more coins t' fill the coffers."

He turned to the rest, "A good night t' ya, fair companions. May ya dream of fairer days t' come, when the shadows have all been chased away. Ah, yes! T' see those days with these eyes! May we hasten their coming!"

And with that pleasant thought on his lips, Ginnar departed for his bed, alcohol, a day in the sun, and manual labour rushing him into a deep slumber.

sdrotar

May 30, 2011, 03:07 AM #92 Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:19 AM by sdrotar
He glanced in Dirnhael's direction. "I give you my promise, even if it isn't the word of a lord - only a common man - that we will return in victory and safety. It might not mean much, but 'tis all I have to give."

"A man's word means everything when it is kept," Dirnhael said with a knowing smile; this Madoc was not entirely unlike him once. "And those who keep theirs are anything but common."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

sdrotar

May 30, 2011, 03:19 AM #93 Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:21 AM by sdrotar
Dirnhael said little to Ioreth that night; he did not have the words. She was a stalwart Dunedain woman, and she understood that he would do what was necessary, simply for that reason. He knew she would accept that, and he knew that she was proud of him for doing what he could for the betterment of all.

But knowing that did not salve the wound of departing.
They had created a home here, not only for themselves, but they had begun to restore hope and pride to this region, and the making of it ever strengthened their bond. Dirnhael did not wish to leave any more than Ioreth wished him to go.

The night was long, filled with talk and love and sadness, and Dirnhael vowed to return - both of them knowing that, as always, it was nothing more than a hope; a wish upon the billowing winds.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

Celdrahil spent some time talking to Eldrahil if for no other reason than to have someone to converse with in the old tongue. Afterwards he prepared his gear, oiling his armor and his sword.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Nolmir

Quote from: sdrotar on May 30, 2011, 03:07 AM
He glanced in Dirnhael's direction. "I give you my promise, even if it isn't the word of a lord - only a common man - that we will return in victory and safety. It might not mean much, but 'tis all I have to give."

"A man's word means everything when it is kept," Dirnhael said with a knowing smile; this Madoc was not entirely unlike him once. "And those who keep theirs are anything but common."

Madoc smiled slightly but appreciatively at Dirnhael's words. He was liking this nobleman.

He retired to the quarters they had prepared for him and checked his gear once more, checking the arrows and their fletchings for straightness, testing his bowstring to make sure it had endured the many weeks' travel intact, and polishing his sword and bow.