• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 09:43 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Hallway melee - round 4

Started by tomcat, Sep 06, 2010, 04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Sep 06, 2010, 04:26 PM Last Edit: Sep 15, 2010, 04:04 AM by tomcat
Situation: The company is attacked by the undead that reside in an old dwarven estate.

Situational Modifiers: The ghouls (mewlips) exude Terror that needs resisted with Willpower at TN 13, each round. Turumarth's spell is active and will give all PC's a +5 to resist Terror.

-Gumbo currently panicked -2
-Nori currentyl panicked -2
-Kori currently panicked -2

-Mewlip (M1) has taken 14 damage (Dazed -1)
-Mewlip (M3) has taken 19 damage (Injured -3)
-Mewlip (M2) has taken 10 damage (Dazed -1)
-Mewlip (M4) has taken 30 damage (Wounded -5)

The hallways are only 7' wide at most  - two combatants may stand and fight abreast with swinging weapons; polearm type weapons I will allow three, but if an enemy gets inside the pole length, you will have penalties to defend. Also, any weapon with a size of L (large) will suffer a -3 penalty to all actions.

Physical Modifiers: Moria Darkness will apply to all physical actions and PC's must apply their modifier for Total Darkness (minus any trait mods), unless the lanterns will be unmasked... and even then, all will be at -2.

Initiative:
Vári (+2) - 11
Turumarth (+2) - 11
Nori (+2) - 10
Idhriel (+3) - 10
Ghouls (+3) - 10
Gumbo (+3) - 8
Kori (+2) - 7

The Company swing their weapons in horror at the ghouls. The undead, feral creatures thrash and tear at those in front of them, while the others in back clambour over their companions and squeeze past the melee only to get at the remaining heroes behind the front line.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

:ooc: Just curious what were the results of round three? Did Idhriel actually hit any?

donimator

The comforting tingle of the magical weaves coursed through Turumarth's body as he thought of himself as bringing the two most effective weapons to bear against these creatrues - light and calm. The light at the end of his staff now swirled as attacked the lifeless foe before him. He continued to chant words of comfort and power almost without thought and beyond his linguistic skill when unaided by spell.

Turumarth's actions Round 4
Resist Fear TN 13
Turumarth - Will+5, Spell +5
Rolled 2d6+10 : 5, 4 + 10, total 19

Action 1 - Attack Mewlip 5
Turumarth - Armed combat +2, staff spec. +2, dim light -2
Rolled 2d6+2 : 1, 3 + 2, total 6

Dmg, if hit - 1d6+2
Rolled 1d6+2 : 6 + 2, total 8

Action 2 - Delay (Parry any successful attacks)
Turumarth - Armed combat +2, staff spec. +2, staff Parry bonus +2, dim light -2
Rolled 2d6+4 : 4, 6 + 4, total 14

------------
Initiative for next round
Turumarth - Initiative +2[/roll]
Rolled 2d6+2 : 5, 1 + 2, total 8

Jingo

:ooc: Idriel will attack once on M3 and save her other combat action to Parry.

Rolled 2d6+10 : 1, 3 + 10, total 14
(+12 is my mod, -2 for dimness)

if she hits damage is

Rolled 2d6+6 : 4, 5 + 6, total 15

tomcat

Quote from: Jingo on Sep 06, 2010, 09:49 PM
:ooc: Just curious what were the results of round three? Did Idhriel actually hit any?

:ooc: Hey Jared, it has been so long since round 2 happened, that I am going to kind of not worry about it. I looked through the thread to try and determine current situations and posted the monsters situation in our third round opening post. Otherwise, we are going to kind of pick up from here.

I will have new posts up tonight.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, I am going to give this a few more days to see if others chime in here. If not, I am going to re-structure the story and eliminate some PC's/NPC's.

It is very difficult to try and run a PbP game with a handful of characters that have no players posting for them, and I have to do their reactions, narratives, etc.

So, we'll see what happens and then I will move on the game. We may also have a new player wanting to jump in.

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 12, 2010, 05:06 AM
Quote from: Jingo on Sep 06, 2010, 09:49 PM

:ooc: Hey Jared, it has been so long since round 2 happened, that I am going to kind of not worry about it. I looked through the thread to try and determine current situations and posted the monsters situation in our third round opening post. Otherwise, we are going to kind of pick up from here.

:ooc: It was actually round three on this post here: http://rpg.avioc.org/boards/index.php/topic,673.msg9620.html#msg9620 I had what looked like a good hit, so was sort of hoping it'd stand. But if not, that's fine; I'm just glad we're playing again! Although I'm way out of practice with the CODA system! Time to pull out my book and dust it off.  :?

Telcontar

Sep 21, 2010, 06:08 PM #7 Last Edit: Sep 21, 2010, 06:12 PM by Telcontar
 :ooc: Am I still playing Nori?

Gumbo crouched lower behind his shield as the foul beasts began to naw at his will to continue the fight. The plucky hobbit dug deep and struck out at the creature before him deciding on fight instead of flight.

Attack Roll 1:
Roll(2d6):
2,5,+10 (spear skill)+1(AC bonus with spears), +2 spec,-2 panicked,-2 darkness=
Total:16

dmg:
Roll(2d6)+3:
5,4,+3
Total:12

Attack 2:
Roll(2d6):
4,5,+10 (spear skill)+1(AC bonus with spears), +2 spec, -2 darkness, -2 panicked
Total:18

dmg2:
Roll(2d6)+3:
6,5,+3
Total:14

Saving one AP to parry or dodge.

Initiative:
Roll(2d6)+3:
3,2,+3
Total:8
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Telcontar

Nori looked deeply at the creature before him, trying to overcome his fear he thought of the weapon he held in his hands, Demon Fang. The great battleaxe would swat these foes away from him and clear the halls of his fathers.

Attack Roll Roll(2d6):
1,4,+10 axes, +2 specialized, -2 panicked, -2 darkness
Total: 13

dmg
Roll(2d6)+6:
1,5,+6
Total:12

Second attack if neccessary
Roll(2d6):
6,4,+10, +2, -2, -2
Total:18

DMG
Roll(2d6)+6:
5,6,+6
Total:17

INT
Roll(2d6)+2:
2,6,+2
Total:10

:ooc: What was the penalty for darkness here again for charcters that are night eyed?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

Vári growled in disgust. "Foul creatures," he grumbled as he hacked at the hearest one with his axe.

Action 1: Attack nearest Mewlip (M3)
Vári's AC (Battle Axe) and mods = +14, -2 darkness (invalidated by Night-eyed edge?). TOTAL = +14
Roll(2d6)+14:6,3,+14 Total:23
Damage if successful: Roll(3d6)+2:5,6,4,+2 Total:17

Action 2: Attack nearest Mewlip
Roll(2d6)+14:6,1,+14 Total:21
Damage if successful: Roll(3d6)+2:2,5,6,+2 Total:15

He tried to swing in order to keep the undead from clawing at his feet; trying to hold his ground despite the chill that gnawed at his very bones.

Next Round Initiative: Roll(2d6)+0:6,6,+0 Total:12 (+2) 14

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Again, the Mewlips are to feral to even bother defending... results:

M1 takes 7 damage bringing it to 21 (Injured -3)
M2 takes 13 damage bringing it to 23 (Injured -3)
M3 takes 15 damage bringing it to 34 (Injured -3)
M4 takes 29 damage bringing it to 59 - DEAD
M5 was missed

They now attack:

M1 attacks Idhriel
TN 13 AC +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, Injured -3 =+8
-------------------------
Action 1
Rolled 2d6+8 : 2, 6 + 8, total 16

Action 2
Rolled 2d6+8 : 3, 1 + 8, total 12

M2 attacks Gumbo
Action 1
Rolled 2d6+8 : 1, 2 + 8, total 11

Action 2
Rolled 2d6+8 : 4, 6 + 8, total 18

M3 attacks Vári
Action 1
Rolled 2d6+8 : 5, 5 + 8, total 18

Action 2
Rolled 2d6+8 : 4, 4 + 8, total 16

M5 attacks Turumarth
Action 1
Rolled 2d6+8 : 3, 3 + 8, total 14

Action 2
Rolled 2d6+8 : 2, 5 + 8, total 15

I will post damage based on results.

tomcat

:ooc: Damages if not parried:

Idhriel took 1 hit
Rolled 1d6+5 : 5 + 5, total 10

Gumbo took 1 hit
Rolled 1d6+5 : 3 + 5, total 8

Vari took 2 hits
Rolled 1d6+5 : 4 + 5, total 9

Rolled 1d6+5 : 2 + 5, total 7

Turmarth took 2 hits
Rolled 1d6+5 : 1 + 5, total 6

Rolled 1d6+5 : 6 + 5, total 11

donimator

:ooc: I rolled a Parry (above) with a result of 14 - I believe that blocks the first attack? - TN14. Will hope for a miracle to block the second...

Turumarth's staff blow fell wide. His lack of use of it as a weapon coupled with the dim light was his downfall. He brought it up to just barely deflect the first of the creatures blows, but desperately hoped to fend off the second. (c'mon 6's)

Action 3 - Parry 2nd blow
Turumarth - Armed combat +2, staff spec. +2, staff Parry bonus +2, dim light -2, MAP -5
Rolled 2d6-1 : 6, 2 - 1, total 7

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 20, 2010, 05:28 PM

M3 attacks Vári
Action 1
Rolled 2d6+8 : 5, 5 + 8, total 18
Action 2
Rolled 2d6+8 : 4, 4 + 8, total 16

I will post damage based on results.

Action 3: Parry attack (TN 18)
Vári's AC (Battle Axe) and mods = +14, -2 darkness (invalidated by Night-eyed edge?), no Parry bonus. TOTAL = +14
Roll(2d6)+14:4,1,+14 Total:19 - SUCCESS  #:S

Action 4: Parry attack (TN 16)
Vári's AC (Battle Axe) and mods = +14, -2 darkness (invalidated by Night-eyed edge?), -5 4th Action, no Parry bonus. TOTAL = +9
Roll(2d6)+9:3,2,+9 Total:14 - FAIL
:ooc: No Courage point use here - I have a bad feeling worse things are still to come...

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun