• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 28, 2024, 02:07 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

STARDATE: 8336.2 - A little trip

Started by tomcat, May 15, 2005, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Quote from: GandalfOfBorgWith a slight shrug of the shoulders, Darkan follows Cordin.  Along the way, he begins to probe the captain for information.  "So Captain, what brings the princess out here, considering the potential danger that awaits?  Its quite apparent that you found some.  What happened to bring you to this state?"

OOC: If it would be helpful to "persuade" him to talk
Persuade - (3+2)+5+3 Courage=13

The captain of the Golayshian led the members of the Columbia through the maze of corridors in his ship towards an unnamed goal. He politely listened to Darkan's queries and responded to each in turn.

"Understand captain, the royalty of our planet have great wealth but with it comes great responsibility. They serve as our leaders but also as ambassadors of our planet and trading guilds. The princess has made many journeys, whether dangerous or not, to the many worlds with which we do business. It is an honour for her to represent her family in such a way."

Cordin continued, "Unfortunately due to time constraints, we decided to cross through the Paulson Nebula - a regretable decision to say the least. We were cruising towards home when our ship's warp field deteriorated and the ship fell out of warp. The rapid deceleration left us with heavy damage to our propulsion systems; we continued moving forward at great speeds without any steerage. The next thing I know is three nickel-cored meteorites smashed through our hull and damaged the delicate warp engines. We bled out 90% of our deuterium and tritium before we could seal the perforations. That ceased our ability to create anti-matter and thus our warp core has been shut down. We have APR and Impulse but our Impulse engines sustained damage as well and we had to shut them down. Now they are cold and we do not have sufficient power to re-start them. So, here we are..."

Darkan wasn't sure if the captain's last comment applied to their current situation, or where they currently were - before a set of doors. They drew back revealing an ornate chamber and a multitude of occupants. The captain could see Pushkin's jaw fall open as they looked at the Hydraens within. The princess sat upon a plush couch and was attended by seven other women all of which were gorgeous.

"Your Highness," said Cordin, "may I introduce Captain Darkan of the Federation ship Columbia and his crew. Captain, this is Princess Isaboul."

:arrow: OOC: the phonetic pronunciation is EE-sa-bool

Back on the Columbia, Grahm sat in the command chair quietly watching out the main viewscreen. It had been an hour or so since the captain and the others had left in the shuttlecraft. It had been about 10 minutes since they had last heard anything from them. Grahm cursed the nebula and mentally coaxed on Ramos and his staff. He needed sensors functional so he could get the ship back under weigh.

The bridge staff had listened to the broken communication between the shuttlecraft and an unknown and then it had gone silent, although they knew that the Galileo had docked. Grahm leaned back with a sigh, "This is gonna be a while," he thought.

:arrow: OOC: Sys Ops (Communications) TN 25 to keep in contact with the shuttle:

Sys Ops +6
Roll(2d6)+6: 6,4,+6 Total:16 +9 (3 Courage) = 25 SUCCESS
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"Your Highness," Darkan says with a slight bow.  "May I introduce... [insert crewmembers' names]."

After an exchange of pleasantries, he continues.  "From what we've seen and been told, we should be able to assist in the repair of your ship, if you so permit.  In addition, I hope everyone is well here.  If not, we have facilities aboard the Columbia that are at your disposal."

OOC: Capt. Kirk he is not ;)
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

"It is indeed a pleasure to meet you captain, as well as your other crewmembers," said Isaboul as she stood. She walked forward and reached out a hand to Darkan in the manner of the people of Earth. She smiled and her face lit up as Darkan took her hand, "We graciously accept any offer of aid that you are willing to make, but I am curious... my captain here has told me that you have arrived by shuttlecraft. Is your ship nearby?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"Yes, Your Highness.  This nebula does not have discriminting tastes in its choice of ships to trouble and so we have stopped to make repairs and to study our currents surroundings as we may.  It is fortunate... first that we found you and that your ship is actually fairly close to the friendly side of the nebula."
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

"Fantastic then," replied Isaboul, "I would hate to think that our rescuers came with naught but a small shuttlecraft."

The princess gave a laugh and her entourage of female companions and the male Hydraens present all joined her.

"Well captain," she continued, "may I give your crew and yourself a tour of my ship? And afterwards you all shall dine with me."

While the princess asked the captain, Cordin turned to Mr. Stonn and asked him a question as well, "I understand the Vulcan's are a people of great intelligence and skill... perhaps we can leave the humans to the simple pleasures of seeing the ship and you might lend your advice on our engines?"

Townshend didn't know why but the female Hydraens bothered her. Not in any kind of way she could explain, but just a feeling. The princess had not recognized her at all as she went through the introductions, only the men. It was weird. Townshend asked herself if it could be... jealousy?

"No," she thought to herself, "probably just my 'catty' female side." But still the feeling lingered.

:arrow: OOC: Matt and Shawn, what kind of personal equipment did the crew take out of the Galileo's storage locker (i.e. phasers, communicators, tricorders)?

GandalfOfBorg

"That would be nice, thank you, Princess," says Darkan as diplomatically as he could.  Being a man spoken for, the situation comes across a bit awkward for him.

OOC: Everyone should have a comm and phaser (unless they decline).  Darkan doesn't have a tricorder with him.
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg"That would be nice, thank you, Princess," says Darkan as diplomatically as he could.  Being a man spoken for, the situation comes across a bit awkward for him.

OOC: Everyone should have a comm and phaser (unless they decline).  Darkan doesn't have a tricorder with him.

Stonn would not have declined a phaser.
He's non-violent as a rule, but he's not stupid - and the weapon can also be a valuable tool.
He definitely would have his tricorder with him - he'd feel naked without it! ;)
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun