• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Feb 23, 2024, 10:41 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


U.S.S. Merrimac [shuttle]

Started by tomcat, Apr 09, 2010, 07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bizarro316

Devon, in an attempt to regain his composure and focus, walked over towards the Doctor, speaking, "So what's the gameplan, Doc? Are we going to scrub the mission? Or evac the wounded, and continue on?" He looked over towards the dead security officer, holding in his remorse, and continuing, trying not to show his anger. "--we OWE it to them..to continue on.." Devon shook his head, apologizing, "Sorry sir..I didn't mean to speak out like that..Its just that..these officers deserve for us to continue the mission.."

tomcat

May 10, 2010, 08:39 PM #31 Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:46 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Sorry for the delay everyone! Got back from Florida over the weekend and then had to do Mother's Day weekend stuff - including a viewing of Iron Man 2! Very cool movie! I prefer the first, but this one was needed to fill in story... so, it was still very good. Now to responding and gaming...

Quote from: RictorAlso thanks for moving my post, can't believe I clicked on the bridge portion of the forum instead of the shuttle portion   hopefully it won't happen again.

Well I should hope not, Rictor.  (-D It's not a problem man, just want to make sure that you saw where your post went and also to keep story continuity.  ;)

Quote from: BrianMI'll do all the treatment rolls but I just want to confirm some assumptions:

- Assuming that Doc is supervising all the work, I use Doc's First Aid bonus (+10) for every roll, modified by Winded (-1) [are there any any other modifiers to be applied?]
- The total time for all the treatments is split up among the medical staff.

Thanks, Brian

So sorry for the delay here, Brian. I am glad you went ahead and made the rolls. Actually though, the medical kits you guys brought along will be of use. Per the PG, an Autosuture grants a +5 to first aid/medicine tests; Dermal Regenerators heal up to 1d6 damage per injury; and the hypospray can administer agents that will heal or at least stabilize the patient. Bottom line is, although there are a variety of injuries, your tests will be granted a +3 bonus for using the med kits and I will also give a +1 bonus to the tests for 1/2 of the numer of available medical personnel you have to help you.

I actually meant to put all this in my post that gave the injury breakdown, but I got into the repair extended test and forgot to let you know. I am going to adjust all your rolls above. The only question I have is, each moderate injury test takes 1/2 hour and 1.5 hours for those that are badly hurt... is Sherman doing all the work? If so, I will give a breakdown of the time spent working on the away team. If you want to use your staff for some of these tests, you may, but remember they will get only 1/2 of Sherman's skill rank as a modifier (plus the miscellaneous bonuses).

If Sherman was taking care of all of the staff, then the total time is 12 hours and Doc is going to be exhausted when he has finished - needing at least 8 hours rest. Also know that the Galileo shuttle will arrive before this time has passed and some of these patients could be moved off ship - this of course is pending the order to launch the rescue shuttle.

Not to tell you guys what to do because I am enjoying your narratives and RPG'ing, but I read a few posts back that Stonn placed Sorek in command of the away mission. Doc is a higher rank, but Stonn's order would supercede rank here - but you guys roleplay it out how you want it to go.  ;) Also, there are only a few actual officers on the away mission (pilot, navigator, Doc, Sorek, Phillips) - everyone else are just crewmen of various enlisted class ranks.

Lastly, I am leaving the engineering rolls to you Shawn, as this is your staff. If you prefer I make them, let me know.





The medical staff worked diligently in tending to their charges. Wrists were wrapped, cuts sutured, and bruises and burns were anointed with medicines to control pain and swelling. The Aladdin became a triage room with more urgent cases towards the back section of the ship, and easier patients closer to the flight deck.

As the away team members were made whole once again by the good doctor's administrations, they began to get busy with tasks that were within their realm of expertise. The engineers began to check on their patient - the Aladdin shuttle itself. Work would be necessary outside soon, but for now the technicians worked within the safer confines, pulling up access panels and crawling into tight repair ducts.

With nothing to do but sit at his station and run the occassional requested test, the pilot, Lt. Marsden, sat and watched out the forward viewport. The Aladdin had been spun 180 degrees when it was hit and was now positioned so that it faced out of the hangar, into space. The view was quite magnificent as he looked at the Katyon Cluster and her myriad of stars, the bright light piercing his eyes and making him squint. It was then that he heard it. A whisper? A song? A voice? He didn't know what it was but he suddenly felt a peace within him. His lips mumurred soft words that were incoherent to any that might have heard.

Bang! Bong!

The entire away team stopped what they were each working on, and glances were cast at one another. The sound was heard within the cabin of the Aladdin, but it was softer, as if it had happened outside the ship. Neither was it felt within the hull of the vessel.

One crewman spoke out, "That was outside the ship." To which another replied, "Impossible... how do you carry sound in a vacuum?" Only to have another chime in, "No. The sound was inside the shuttle. Did someone drop something?"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

May 14, 2010, 11:21 AM #32 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:33 AM by BrianM
:ooc: Doh! I knew I forgot something. It just wouldn't be Star Trek without all the fancy gear to help with the work! Doc certainly won't be doing all the work himself - he will divide up all the tasks among the able medical personnel who are present. So the total time will be greatly reduced. My assumption (to keep it simple) was that we could use Doc's skill for all the rolls if he was supervising everything. Let's use the same rolls, however, and you can adjust some of the modifiers for work that the other medical staff perform.

As for who's-in-charge, I was playing it that Doc would defer to Sorek for the mission, but as soon as there was a major medical emergency that interrupted the mission, Doc saw himself as being in charge of the situation in the shuttle.


At the odd sound, Doc started and looked up from the field dressing he was applying to a minor burn on one of the engineering staff. What now? he thought, as he scanned the cabin for the source of the noise.

bizarro316

Devon, reaching for his phaser, as a reflex action, but not drawing it, turned, trying to pinpoint the source of the sounds.."What in the world?," he responded, turning to the commanding officer in charge, continuing, "--Sir, your orders?"

tomcat

May 18, 2010, 04:54 PM #34 Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:32 PM by tomcat
Sorek hesitated a moment.

Command was his, but he suddenly felt the need to get a senior officer's opinion. He silently shook his thoughts clear, blaming the human side of his biology for the hesitance. The science officer looked to Phillips and then to the shuttle port in front of him. Sorek knew the sound had come from outside the ship - how he could not understand. There was only one way to find out.

"Phillips," he said. "You and your available fellow security team, and any engineering staff that are able, prepare to exit the shuttle with me. Doctor Sherman, keep to your efforts here while we take a look around the hangar. We'll be back, but until I return, you are in charge."

Sorek checked his waist for his phaser that hung there; his arm for the tricorder that was part of his suit; and then grabbed his EVA helmet. Stepping over the injured, the Vulcan moved towards the back of the Aladdin where the small air lock was located that would allow them to exit the vessel.

Turning back, "Marsden, send word to the Columbia that Phillips and I, along with some of his team are stepping out to investigate the Merrimac's hangar bay."




:ooc: Not sure where some of the players are, although I know I have allowed things to get slow around here. Anyway, going to take up control of Sorek until I hear from his player.

As far as who is accompanying Phillips and Sorek - there are 8 engineering and security individuals who are marked 'okay' on the previous page, although they will all suffer -2 to all tests until healed. It is going to take Doc and his team over an hour plus to tend to them. To leave the shuttle now will give you the option to take out 2 security and 2 engineer that will be healed, the other four can stay to be tended to, or go out and suffer their -2 penalty.

Let me know.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on May 10, 2010, 08:39 PM



Lastly, I am leaving the engineering rolls to you Shawn, as this is your staff. If you prefer I make them, let me know.



:ooc: Would you mind doing them this once? I'm still a bit spotty on how the extended tests work, and I wouldn't mind seeing how you did them as an example.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

bizarro316

"Alright guys, saddle up," Devon responded, immediately giving his team orders, checking their EVA gear, weapons, and other checklist procedures, before turning back to their commanding officer, who was then finishing up his communique with the Columbia. "Sir, with no disrespect," he began, stepping beside him, "--I would like me and my team to exit first to secure the area around the hangar bay first, before you step out. Just following protocol, to ensure the safety of the senior away team officer...Sir..." Devon, knew he was probably stepping the line, with this security situation, but after everything that has happened so far...He wasn't taking any chances...

tomcat

Doctor Sherman and his team were very busy working on the wounded. It was much easier now that there were fewer bodies within the confines of the shuttle. Sorek's voice suddenly came through the inner speakers, "Doctor Sherman, your presence may soon be necessary out here. With the Galileo on its way, prepare all the wounded to be transfered and then join us."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

"Acknowledged.", Doc replied over his suit com. Switching channels to the rest of the medical team, he continued "Allright folks, they're sending over another shuttle to pick up the wounded. I want everyone prepped for moving. Priority cases go first. I'll let you know as soon as we can start bringing people out."

Finishing up with his current charge, Sherman double checked the contents of his field kit, then made his way over to the shuttle airlock and out to join the others.