• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 28, 2024, 04:21 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Hallway melee - round 3

Started by tomcat, Nov 29, 2009, 05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Nov 29, 2009, 05:08 AM Last Edit: Nov 29, 2009, 05:14 AM by tomcat
Situation: The company is attacked by the undead that reside in an old dwarven estate.

Situational Modifiers: The ghouls (mewlips) exude Terror that needs resisted with Willpower at TN 13, each round. Turumarth's spell is active and will give all PC's a +5 to resist Terror.

-Idhriel passed this rounds Terror test
-Gumbo currently panicked -2
-Nori currentyl panicked -2
-Kori currently panicked -2

-Mewlip (M1) has taken 7 damage (Healthy -0)
-Mewlip (M3) has taken 19 damage (Injured -3)

The hallways are only 7' wide at most  - two combatants may stand and fight abreast with swinging weapons; polearm type weapons I will allow three, but if an enemy gets inside the pole length, you will have penalties to defend. Also, any weapon with a size of L (large) will suffer a -3 penalty to all actions.

Physical Modifiers: Moria Darkness will apply to all physical actions and PC's must apply their modifier for Total Darkness (minus any trait mods), unless the lanterns will be unmasked... and even then, all will be at -2.

Initiative:
Nori (+2) - 13
Vári (+2) - 12
Turumarth (+2) - 10
Gumbo (+3) - 10
Ghouls (+3) - 10
Kori (+2) - 9
Idhriel (+3) - 8

The Company swing their weapons in horror at the ghouls. The undead, feral creatures thrash and tear at those in front of them, while the others in back clambour over their companions and squeeze past the melee only to get at the remaining heroes behind the front line.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Turumarth rushed to join his companions and the newcomer but the grip of fear struggled to grab hold in spite of the burning light that flowed through his veins. He could not fail in this. He needed to show his courage and face these creatures of Shadow.

Will test vs Terror (TN 13)
Will +5, Spell +5
Rolled 2d6+10 : 3, 3 + 10, total 16

:ooc: (assuming the dice come up as passed, modify following if failed)

Turumarth readies his staff against the creature that squeezed past the front line to face him. His staff seemed to blaze with the light of his spell, but only in comparison to the darkness that swallowed the room behind him. The light also served to highlight the undead face across from him, the lifeless eyes and bloated features that were more stark for not conveying any emotion aside from hate for the living.

Turumarth uses 1 action to attack with his staff
Armed Combat +2, dim light -2
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6

Dmg if successful -
Rolled 1d6+2 : 1 + 2, total 3

Turumarth will use 1 action to parry any landed attacks
Armed Combat +2, staff Parry bonus +2, dim light -2
Rolled 2d6+2 : 1, 5 + 2, total 8

Init for next round
Rolled 2d6+2 : 6, 1 + 2, total 9

donimator

:ooc: Forgot to add the +2 specialty for staffs to my AC rolls. (if it matters)
Doug, with the new dice roller, does editing a post flag the roll as modified? Are you able to edit posts with the rolls in them? I wasn't sure.

test This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d20+100 : 20, 3 + 100, total 123
-answered my own question  ;D

Jingo

The light from the tall man's staff did much to ease Idrhiel's unnatural feeling of panic. There was, after all, nothing quite so bad as dying alone in complete darkness under a mountain of crushing rock. And knowing what you faced, was never quite as bad as imagining it she decided, though at this moment she could scarcely imagine anything worse than what she was already facing.

"What are these creatures!? And why does elven steel fail to fell them?" she called out above the fray.

:ooc: I'll wait until after the Ghouls go before posting my actions since my init is after theirs and it'll help me know what to do once they're done.

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Donimator, you do not have to use that dice roller in the posting area, if you do not want to. The original roller is still part of our game and it is right next to the Home button above.

Nori attempts to overcome Terror
TN 13 Willpower +2, Hardness of mind +2, Spell bonus +5, Panicked -2 = +7
-------------------------
Roll(2d6)+7: 5,1,+7 Total:13 SUCCESS
kori attempts to overcome Terror
TN 13 Willpower +2, Hardness of mind +2, Spell bonus +5, Panicked -2 = +7
Roll(2d6)+7: 4,6,+7 Total:17 SUCCESS
Vári attempts to overcome Terror
TN 13 Willpower +1, Hardness of mind +2, Valour +4, Spell bonus +5 = +12
Roll(2d6)+12: 5,4,+12 Total:21 SUCCESS
Gumbo attempts to overcome Terror
TN 13 Willpower +2, Spell bonus +5, Panicked -2 = +5
Roll(2d6)+5: 4,4,+5 Total:13 SUCCESS

Nori attacks ghoul
TN 12 AC +10, Specialty +2, Demon Fang +1, Dim lighting -2 = +11
Action 1- Roll(2d6)+13: 1,5,+11 Total:17 SUCCESS [damage Roll(2d6)+8: 5,3,+8 Total:16]
Action 2- Roll(2d6)+13: 5,3,+11 Total:19 SUCCESS [damage Roll(2d6)+8: 1,5,+8 Total:14]

Gumbo attacks ghoul
TN 12 AC +10, Specialty +2, Dim Lighting -2 = +10
Action 1- Roll(2d6)+10: 1,2,+10 Total:13 SUCCESS [damage Roll(2d6)+3: 4,5,+3 Total:12]
Action 2- Roll(2d6)+10: 5,4,+10 Total:19 SUCCESS [damage Roll(2d6)+3: 4,1,+3 Total:8]
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Again the ghouls mindlessly ignore the attacks from the company, instead they lunge forward to rend and tear. Only Nori, with his ancient weapon, seems to make the undead creature reel back from his blows.

Mewlip (M2) takes 10 and is Dazed -1
Mewlip (M4) takes 30 and is Wounded -5

Ghouls attack:

M1 attacks Idhriel
TN 13 AC +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3 =+11
Action 1- Roll(2d6)+11: 1,4,+11 Total:16 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 6,+5 Total:11]
Action 2- Roll(2d6)+11: 5,4,+11 Total:20 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 3,+5 Total:8]

M2 attacks Gumbo
TN 12 AC +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, Dazed -1 = +10
Action 1- Roll(2d6)+10: 5,4,+10 Total:19 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 5,+5 Total:10]
Action 2- Roll(2d6)+10:3,1,+10 Total:14 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 3,+5 Total:8]

M3 attacks Vári
TN 12 AC +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, Injured -3 = +8
Action 1- Roll(2d6)+8: 3,6,+8 Total:17 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 1,+5 Total:6]
Action 2- Roll(2d6)+8: 5,2,+8 Total:15 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 5,+5 Total:10]

M4 attacks Nori
TN 12 AC +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, Wounded -5 = +6
Action 1- Roll(2d6)+6: 4,2,+6 Total:12 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 6,+5 Total:11]
Action 2- Roll(2d6)+6: 2,3,+6 Total:11 FAILED

M5 attacks Kori
TN 11 UC +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3 = +11
Full-round action - Roll(2d6)+11: 4,2,+11 Total:17 SUCCESS [if unparried, the ghoul will begin to bite into Kori]

tomcat

Gumbo attempts to parry
TN 19,14 AC +10, Specialty +2, Dim Lighting -2, (MAP -5) = +10
Action 3- Roll(2d6)+10: 6,2,+10 Total:18 FAILED
Action 4- Roll(2d6)+5: 2,4,+5 Total:11 FAILED

Gumbo takes 18 damage - 10 for armour = 8

Kori attempts to parry
TN 13 AC +10, Specialty +2, Dim Lighting -2, PB +1, Shield +4 =  +15
Roll(2d6)+11: 6,6,1+15 Total:28 SUCCESS

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Dec 09, 2009, 04:59 PM
Again the ghouls mindlessly ignore the attacks from the company, instead they lunge forward to rend and tear. Only Nori, with his ancient weapon, seems to make the undead creature reel back from his blows.

M3 attacks Vári
TN 12 AC +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3, Injured -3 = +8
Action 1- Roll(2d6)+8: 3,6,+8 Total:17 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 1,+5 Total:6]
Action 2- Roll(2d6)+8: 5,2,+8 Total:15 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 5,+5 Total:10]

Vári Action 1 - Parry (TN 17)
Roll(2d6)+13: 4,1,+13 Total:18 - SUCCESS

Vári Action 2 - Parry (TN 15)
Roll(2d6)+13: 1,3,+13 Total:17 - SUCCESS

Vári heard the elf-lady's lament, and he had seen it himself; their weapons had almost no effect, even though they struck hard. But Nori's blade... its bite caused the ghouls pain.
"'Tis sorcery," he cried. "Some foul magic strengthens these foes!"

Vári was unafraid and he stood his ground. But he knew they could only hold out so long; his axe and the blades of the others would not be enough. They needed something more, and quickly.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Shawn, I am sorry... you had the initiative for this round, so if you want to roll your atacks instead of parries, I will adjust the ghoul's attacks based on your results.

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug connection is rubbish out where i am at the moment. dont know it if will get better. Keep rolling for me please and i will try and post. i may have to email you my actions though as the boards take forever to load.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Sounds good, Tom. Keep safe!

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Dec 10, 2009, 06:05 AM
:ooc: Hey Shawn, I am sorry... you had the initiative for this round, so if you want to roll your atacks instead of parries, I will adjust the ghoul's attacks based on your results.

:ooc: Nah. It's all good.  B-)
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

Dec 17, 2009, 01:27 PM #12 Last Edit: Jan 02, 2010, 02:57 PM by tomcat
Quote from: tomcat on Dec 09, 2009, 04:59 PM

Ghouls attack:
M1 attacks Idhriel
TN 13 AC +6, Specialty +2, Ferocity +3 =+11
Action 1- Roll(2d6)+11: 1,4,+11 Total:16 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 6,+5 Total:11]
Action 2- Roll(2d6)+11: 5,4,+11 Total:20 SUCCESS [damage if not parried Roll(1d6)+5: 3,+5 Total:8]

:ooc: Here's my two attack actions used to parry the two blows:

Roll(2d6)+12 (+2 specialty -2 darkness):
5,1,+12
Total:18 - PARRIED

Roll(2d6)+12  (+2 specialty -2 darkness):
5,6,+12
Total:23 - PARRIED

I'll try a third combat action at the -2 penalty to try and hit M3.

Roll(2d6)+12:
6,5,+12 (+2 specialty -2 darkenss)
Total:23 (-5 multiple action penalty) = 18

If that hits damage is:
Roll(2d6)+6:
3,6,+6
Total:15

Yay some good rolls!

Idhriel once again managed to keep the claws at bay, her pale sword flashing in the staff's light causing wild shadows to dance and flicker upon the walls.

She nodded in agreement to the dwarfs comment about unholy sorcery. The dead were meant to stay dead, not brought back into some wretched half life only to cause pain and suffering upon all free folk of good will. Spinning away from her attacker she pirouetted and then sank down on one knee, driving the blade hard into the ghoul at her left, attempting to sever it in two...

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, after our poll was taken and the holiday madness has ended, here are my thoughts on this game. It is going on hiatus for a couple reasons...

1) Tom is in Afghanistan with dicey internet and that leaves me with Gumbo, Nori, Kori, and all bad guys to handle... which in CODA really sucks trying to keep track of all the stats.

2) I am not grooving right now with LotR fantasy enough to keep two games going. My mind is really in SciFi at the moment and that is why Star Wars has been getting a good sum of my attention.

This all said, the What Once Was game is only going into hiatus for a while. Those of you who have been gaming with me for the past 7 years know I put stuff away and then bring it back out. Chronicles of the North I am going to keep going because it is my longest running game and the one I am generating stuff for.

So to Tom, Jingo, and Don... I welcome you all to generate a PC for the Chronicles game if you'd like, or if you just wanna watch here from afar until What Once Was comes back outta mothballs. Either way, just know I don't wanna lose you as players so I will stay in touch.

If Chronicles is not your cup of tea, you are also welcome to look into my Star Wars game or perhaps Star Trek, which I may be resurrecting again after the almost two-year break.

Sorry if I am letting any of you down, but I really need to take the stress off from this game just sitting idle... it makes me feel like I made you a promise that I am not upholding.

tomcat

:ooc: As another note... if one of our players is interested in taking over the GM'ing of this game, I welcome that, too! I'd even think about jumping in full as Kori the old craftsman.

I can provide all my notes and maps and the new GM can take up the story and in a direction they'd like to go.