• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 10:41 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

SCENE 2: Dreams and shadows

Started by tomcat, Jul 25, 2008, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Aug 01, 2008, 05:29 PM #15 Last Edit: Aug 08, 2008, 07:09 PM by tomcat
The companions slept through the night and were undisturbed. The morning came with a bit of rain, but still they were all refreshed and ready to move on once more.

The camp was quickly broken down and packed once more into the wagon. Nori and Kori saw to the hitching of the ponies, and then both mounted the seat. With rain pattering on the old leaves of the forest, they began what should be the first of three days left in the forest.

Though the clouds grayed the skies, the sun could still be seen glowing behind as it arched up from their right, crossing over from noon into after.

[OOC:] If you all can give me a Perception test TN 10.

Kori's Perception test
TN 10 Perception +0
-------------------------
Roll(2d6)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:9 FAILED
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Cut

[Perception test Caranmîr 2d6 +1 v. TN10

Roll(2d6)+1:
1,1,+1
Total:3 --> Desatrous failure.]

Roborob

Roll(2d6)+2:
4,4,+2
Total:10 success

donimator

Perception +2 vs. TN10
Roll(2d6) +2 = 1,4 +2 = 7 failure

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: I will be on vacation from Monday to Monday and my net access will be erratic at best.

TN 10 Perception - Roll(2d6)+2: 6,2,+2 Total:10  MARGINAL SUCCESS
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

"Oi! It seems rather there is no good road to take in this wood.  I coulda sworn we were travelling in west and maybe a bit south but now it appears we're moving north!  This is wood has a deark heart, no doubt about that!"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

Roll(2d6):
5,5,+1
Total:11
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

Perception test (TN 10)
Vari's modifier: +2

Roll(2d6)+2: 4,5,+2 Total:11 - SUCCESS
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

It did not take Nori's announcement for both Gumbo and Vári to come to the same realization. In fact, with their current direction and time traveled, they all realized they should have crossed over (or at least merged) back into the other road that had split to the north.

The hobbit, still marching at point, craned his neck as he heard, far off, the rhythmic report of an axe, THOK! THOK! The staccato sounds drifted from his left, off the trail and deep into the woods.

The rest of the companions took pause when they saw Gumbo stop to listen, and with the silence from the cart not rolling, or conversation happening, they all too heard the sound.

Kori looked to Nori, "A woodsman? Cutting a tree, it sounds."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Gumbo motioned to the others, pointing to himself, then his eyes, and the direction of this noise. He was already stripped of his extra equipment and that which would make noise while traveling as was his habbit when he scouted out the route. Smiling to the others he quickly faded into the woods to investigate.

Stealth Roll(2d6)+10:
5,3,+10
Total:18

Observe:Spot Roll(2d6)+7:
6,5,+7
Total:18
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Aug 05, 2008, 09:21 AM #25 Last Edit: Aug 05, 2008, 09:23 AM by tomcat
Hobbits are very quiet - unless in social situations - but in the woods, their stealth is only matched by the Elves. Gumbo moved off the road to the left and jogged between trees, brushing up against the newly budding brush and plants. He followed the sound of the axe chopping, but as of yet had no visual.

There was a sudden break in the constant chop and a murmur of voices could be heard - also a distant knock of a woodpecker echoed in the hollow sounding woods. Gumbo listened closely but the voices were too distant to discern any conversation. He pushed on, weaving through the ruts and roots, rocks and trees, bramble and fern. Before him was a lush green embankment of fern and he scrambled up it, pushing through the plants, and slid down the other side. The small warrior was shocked and puzzled as he startled his comrades, appearing behind them and the wagon, on the right-hand side of the road.

Kori scratched his head and pointed west, "Didn't you run off that way?"

In the distance, the THOK! of a woodsman, chopping, recommenced.

Telcontar

"Indeed I did.... There is magic at work here. My skill is with the natural world, Tur, Car, any thoughts? I'll try hand railing the road."

Gumbo headed off again, this time keeping the road in site and on his side.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

donimator

"Something is definitely at work here. Is it the wood itself or some other...closer source?"

Stepping away from the cart, Turumarth loosens his cloak and plants his staff firmly. Ancient Sindarin words flow from his lips as he tries to locate a source of the power...

Turumarth casts Sense Power, Weariness TN 5,
2d6, +5 Willpower, +2 (from charm) = 4,4 +7 = 15

-----------
Turumarth uses Observe (Sense Power),
Skill +5, Specialty +2, additional Spell Pick +3 = 2d6 +10,
Roll 2d6+10, 5,3 + 10 = 18

Cut

Caranmîr stepped slowly forward.
Could it be that those old legend are actually holding a spark of truth, ne thought to himself.

"There are some stories being told amongst my people of travellers through these very woods, that have spoken of strange ongoings along the Forest Road. They reported that they seem to have travelled in circels, sometimes having the strangest feelings of having paths appear or dissapear at will, changing their direction or showing crossroads that have not been there only hours before. Never have I heard a tale being told that involved the sounds that we do hear now. And I have to admit, that I have neglected to honour those story with the attention they obviously should have deserved. I did not believe them, as I have never experienced something like that myself, nor has it happened to any of my kin, at least that I have knowledge of. Furthermore I can not recall right now, how those Travellers that have told of these happenings managed to escape this trap."

The Elf looked at his booted feet when saying this last words. But then he looked up, smiling a strange smile.

"But we shall not dispair just yet, as the simple fact that there are reports about this, it surely can be overcome by wits or other, more physical means..."

[OOC: Caranmîr tries to remember if he has been told anything how the travellers in the stories overcame the obstacle or what it was]

tomcat

Aug 06, 2008, 05:02 AM #29 Last Edit: Aug 06, 2008, 09:50 AM by tomcat
[OOC:] Nice post Nico. I am making some notes still, but will get back to you on whether Caranmîr remembers anymore.

Turumarth feels a sudden chill run through him as the presence of power is revealed to him, through his own. It is a dark feeling, full of sorcerous black thoughts, and although it is intense, he still cannot place its location. It is as if the woods echo the evil power.

"OY!" yells Kori to Gumbo. "You'll wait for all of us. No sense in losing anyone in these woods. If the paths can shift under our feet, who knows where we may end up." With that, the elder craftsman snaps the reins against the ponies backs, "Giddup!"

The companions move off in haste to keep up with the diminutive form of Gumbo weaving between the foliage. The road before them continues straight with only slight knuckles and bends to it and the sun now rides directly above along their path - once more to the west!!

"Well," grumbled Kori to Nori. "We are at least moving in the right direction. I fear when the sun sets, we may once more be deceived."