• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 01:33 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

A troll hole

Started by tomcat, Jul 05, 2008, 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donimator

Turumarth studies the contents of the case...
-------------
Language:Elven(Sindar) +6 TN 15
Roll 2d6 +6 --> 3,4 +6 = 13
Spend 1 Courage = 13+3 = 16 Complete Success

--------------
Willpower +5 TN 11
Roll 2d6 +5 -->5,6 +5 = 16 Complete Success

--------------
Insight +4 TN 15
Roll 2d6 +4 --> 3,5 +4 = 12
Spend 1 Courage = 12+3 = 15 Marginal Success

tomcat

Jul 22, 2008, 09:05 AM #31 Last Edit: Jul 24, 2008, 07:10 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] With your successess...

Willpower - Turumarth binds the charm to him. Effects: This charm works like a Magician's Charm, but extends a +2 bonus to all Willpower tests for magic. Unlike a Magician's Charm, you may not enhance it to a Charm of Power and while you wear it, you may not also wear a self-created Magician's Charm and gain any benefits from it.

Others may take it and bind it to themselves by making a Willpower TN 15 test.

Language - The sheets of parchment constitute 2 bonus spell picks that you, or whomever, may use at your next advancement, should you purchase Spellcasting. Essentially, they are the formula for a free spell to take. (1 time use only by whomever)

Insight - Turumarth realizes that the jumble of letters and numbers are a code, but it will take a bit of time to decipher it. Still, he recognizes a symbol on the parchments that match those of some of the stamped gold coins.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Roborob

Jul 22, 2008, 10:33 AM #32 Last Edit: Jul 22, 2008, 10:57 AM by Roborob
Bornoge wanders off to look at the spiders body and collect ingredients for poisons. Finding it, he pulls out his knife and splits open the thick exoskeleton of the spider between the pincers and the back of the head. Reaching in with the knife in one hand he pulls out two slimy yellowish sacks from behind the mandibles. Bornoge then takes a satchel of his and takes a few leather containers. He cuts open the sacks and empties a dark syrupy fluid from them into his containers.

(OOC: just a little narrative of him getting poison making supplies, for later or something)

EDIT: (OOC: how much poison he can make from this is up to you tomcat)

GandalfOfBorg

"It is indeed a fine blade, from the Mannish kingdom of Gondor in the south," Nori remarks, pointing out the marks.  "The weapon was specially commissioned as well for a family whom I cannot say; I am unfamiliar with heraldry outside dwarven houses."

... "Do as what you wish with it, uncle, but I believe it be too good for him.  Though I will agree, another pair of eyes and strong back are welcome on this venture."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Cut

Caranmîr was immediately intersted in the pendant, as he recognised it as a piece of elvish craftmanship.

Quote from: tomcat on Jul 21, 2008, 11:19 AM
Caranmîr may give me an Appraise test TN 12 to determine the heritage of the pendant (you'll get a +2 bonus due to being an Elf).

An Observe (Sense Power) TN 12 test may be made as well.

Caranmîr isn't trained in the appraise skill, so I should take the observe test instead, or will you allow an Appraise test with a penalty?

Observe (Sense Power): 2d6 + 6 (+2 for being an Elf?)

Roll(2d6)+6:
5,3,+6
Total:14  [Without any benefit added from being an Elf :)] - Success

Never did he know, that Vari already had spoken his mind about ownership of the piece of jewelry in the troll hole itself, when he asked the company to grant him the pendant.

tomcat

[OOC:] Nico, you can give me that Lore test too, if you want. As for your other test results, the Observe Power test reveals the aura around the scrolls (as revealed above). You know nothing about the pendant, other than it is Elven.

"All right, all right..." said Kori, cocking an eye about at everyone. "Let's just do as Gumbo says and place the day's cache in the wagon. We'll sort it out once we find our feet back at our own doors... except for that sword, Bornoge. You keep that as a weregild. And Caranmîr, why don't you give that pendant to Vári when you're done looking it over."

That said, Kori walks to the pile of treasure. "Come on now, help me get it all into the wagon."

In ten more minutes, the Company was back on their way. There was still at least nine days to cross the forest of Mirkwood.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Vári bowed deeply to Kori - he truly appreciated the gesture.

Though he had hoped he did not offend Caranmîr, he also realized that the scrolls certainly had value to the loremaster; they held none for the Dwarf. Hopefully, that would satisfy him; he did not want to be at odds with his own Company, though in his heart, he had wanted the pretty pendant for himself nevertheless.

He slipped it over his neck and under his mail before collecting his things.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Roborob

OOC: I don't know if this is the right thread, but every night in Mirkwood Bornoge spends 1 hour after they stop for the night to make 1 dose of poison. The CRB requires no tests for doing this.

donimator

Turumarth scans the items in his hands and then continues to pack the wagon. Holding the charm he looks to the company
QuoteWillpower - Turumarth binds the charm to him. Effects: This charm works like a Magician's Charm, but extends a +2 bonus to all Willpower tests for magic. Unlike a Magician's Charm, you may not enhance it to a Charm of Power and while you wear it, you may not also wear a self-created Magician's Charm and gain any benefits from it.

Others may take it and bind it to themselves by making a Willpower TN 15 test.
"Would any object to my holding onto this trinket? I feel...a connection to it. I believe it will help me control my powers."

And for the scroll cases...
QuoteInsight - Turumarth realizes that the jumble of letters and numbers are a code, but it will take a bit of time to decipher it. Still, he recognizes a symbol on the parchments that match those of some of the stamped gold coins
"These will take some study. The map seems useful and matches the coins. When we stop for the night I will study it further to see if any useful information can be gleened from it. Perhaps with Caranmîr's aid?"
-------------------
If a night passes - Lore test on map and coins:
Lore: Realm, Rhovanion (Trade practices sprecialty - if a merchant's map), +7, +2 specialty = +9
Die Roll: 2d6 +9, 6,1 +9 = 16
+ any bonus from Caranmîr's knowledge?

Cut

[OOC: Thanks Doug, Lore test follows]

Lore Realm: Mirkwood text 2d6 + 6 to beat TN 12

Roll(2d6)+6:
6,4,+6
Total:16

Success!

Caranmîr isn't pleased to give up the pendant, clearly an heirloom of an elvish family to anybody, but nevertheless hands the piece of jewelry over to Vari.
"Take good care of the piece, Master Dwarf." he says. "I cannot figure out at this point, to whom this once belonged,  but it is elven Art for sure. Do not let it fall into disregard or treat it with disrespect. I am not sure if I could tolerate such behaviour.

He than turns - somewhat reluctantly - away from the Dwarf and heads over to Turumarth.

"I shall gladly assist in whatever capacity I can with the deciphering of any secret that those scrolls and maps may tell us."

tomcat

[OOC:] I know our game has been moving at just a bit over a snail's pace (which is usually not my style, but summer is in full motion here!), but I am enjoying your roleplaying... it is great character interaction. I will have the new post up shortly, and Shawn, I hope the title lives up to the scene!   (D

sdrotar

Quote from: Cut on Jul 25, 2008, 09:44 AM
[OOC: Thanks Doug, Lore test follows]

Lore Realm: Mirkwood text 2d6 + 6 to beat TN 12

Roll(2d6)+6:
6,4,+6
Total:16

Success!

Caranmîr isn't pleased to give up the pendant, clearly an heirloom of an elvish family to anybody, but nevertheless hands the piece of jewelry over to Vari.
"Take good care of the piece, Master Dwarf." he says. "I cannot figure out at this point, to whom this once belonged,  but it is elven Art for sure. Do not let it fall into disregard or treat it with disrespect. I am not sure if I could tolerate such behaviour.

He than turns - somewhat reluctantly - away from the Dwarf and heads over to Turumarth.

"I shall gladly assist in whatever capacity I can with the deciphering of any secret that those scrolls and maps may tell us."

Vári nodded to Caranmîr. "It sits above my heart, Master Elf. Do not worry yourself; for a Dwarf knows how to take care of fine craftwork. Our people may share little in common, but a love of such things is one of them."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Cut

Caranmîr's desire for the jewelry lessened as he heard the dwarve's words. With a small smile, the Elf slightly tilted his head to one side. "I am sure you are true to your word, Master  Varì. I doubt that the heirloom could find a safer spot thjan above your heart. I shall rest easy, knowing you will be guarding it from now on."