• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 06:41 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

New day and... new ally??

Started by tomcat, Jun 28, 2008, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut

The halflings suggestion didn't sit well with Caranmîr. Being very curious himself, he wasn't happy to be left behind alone with Turumarth to guard a campsite, that they were about to vacate. Somebody should stand guard over the company's ponys and the wagon, but Caranmîr didn't want to be one of the guards. "Why should we split the company? Let us all see, what our slain foe's lair holds."

Roborob

Lore: Region Mirkwood test TN-12
Roll(2d6)+4:
6,5,+4(Lore: Region Mirkwood)
Total:15 SUCCESS

"Ah! Old Gar, among trolls he was a unique one. I remember seeing for the first time, a couple years back. He was cunning and intelligent as I remember, though he lacked the strength of some of the other, more brutish, members of his race." Bornoge exclaimed. "But he was as soft hearted as a troll can be. One time I was hunting, I ran into another troll and Old Gar actually distracted him so that I could get away!" Bornoge actually looked a little sad at the memory. "I  have seen his lair before though, and It won't be hard to find again." Bornoge Then sat on the side of the troll's cold stone body, head hanging low.

Telcontar

"I dont believe that the wagon will make it through the woods and then back to the road, and be a burden on the ponies, unless anyone else knows differently . The least delay wouod be to leave the Wagon here."

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

donimator

"I agree that we don't need to fight with the ponies to drag this cart deep in the forest. This road is hard-traveled enough. I'll remain with the cart and continue to break camp if those of you searching out the troll's lair wish to go ahead."

Cut

As the members of the company that had gone on exploring had been gone for a while, Caranmîr grew restless. He started pacing the now cleaned up camp site. He felt like a trapped beast in a cage. He turned to the mage Turumarh. Do we need to sit here idle? I would be interested to learn about a Troll Cave. What do you say, shall we all remain guarding the wagon and the ponies or do you think I could follow them?

GandalfOfBorg

"This wood is not one to be trifled with alone; many a tale have been told about those who've wandered off the path never to be seen again.  Besides, you'd leave my uncle and I here to defend our camp... wise?  I think not."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Cut

Jul 15, 2008, 09:07 AM #36 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2008, 09:09 AM by Cut
Well, Turumarth would be with you as well. But you speak wisely. It is just that I feel a need to do something after the battle that took place in the night. I am restless and it seems that that impaled my sense of logic for a bit, I am afraid. Let's hope the companions fare well on their exploration...

[OOC: I just wanted to do something with my character while the party is split up...]

tomcat

[OOC:] Hey Nico... I will have the party back together in a new thread tonight. The troll hole is over for the most part, I am just putting together the initial treasures the Company has found.

Look for a new post tonight to move on our story.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Cut

[OOC: No haste, Doug. That post might have come on too strongly. I just wanted to show you and the others that I'm still around :) Take your time. I'll still be here!]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: No worries :) restless like you here
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16