• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 10:40 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Forest Encounter - Round 4

Started by tomcat, Jun 19, 2008, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jun 25, 2008, 04:50 PM #15 Last Edit: Jun 25, 2008, 04:53 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] Nice post Telcontar... and I am going to let it stand as written. It has no reference to Turumarth's and Caranmîr's post. I am also going to require a Willpower test TN 12 from all who heard it, that they are not inspired by the words and can see their logic.

You can pass on the test if your character is fully in line with the sentiment... i.e. Kori.

If you take the test and pass, it offers a nice opportunity in your roleplaying re: how you all see one another. Our Company is becoming something like the Dirty Dozen;)

Kori nodded his head in agreement, "Aye, these woods hold old evils and many more further south. Thranduil's realm has little influence here... let's bolster our watch." The craftsman then called, "Vári! Would you be interested in accompanying Gumbo into the woods to find this troll's hole? There may be wealth indeed!"

There was a glitter in the old Dwarf's eyes, and his face took on almost feral look that to some, was quite disconcerting.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

The words among all were plain and clear enough to Nori. "Alright, enough!  What's done, is done.  There will be no more bickering or slanderous talk!  The creature of the Dark Lord has been put down and it is final."  Looking around a moment, "Maybe we should consider moving our camp a little bit.  The stench of carrion may bring about more undesirable annoyances to our sleep.  Fortunate though it is for all for with the light of day we may find his lair and discover all manner of treasure."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Cut

Quote from: Telcontar on Jun 25, 2008, 01:54 PM
OOC: I typed this up last week before the words were spoken and were a result of the actions of the characters and not the things that they said.

[OOC: Then it's fine by me :) ]

Cut

Willpower Test: TN:12

Roll(2d6)+2:
4,1,+2
Total:7: Caranmîr fails and is enlightend by the Hobbits strong words, although a soure feeling remains hidden deep inside his mind...

[OOC: Of course...]

Elrohir

Willpower test
Roll(2d6)+0:
6,4,+0
Total:10+2(mod)-2(tired)+2(spell)=12 success

Beren raises his head as he hears Gumbo's voice ringing through the quite darkness.  But to kill a pleading enemy, to me that is truly savage.  Beren sees right through Gumbo's little "speech", but he volunteers to search for the treasure the troll spoke of.  "I will help the search.  Even though it will be very hard to find it, seeing that you killed our only source."  I must keep my eyes on the hobbit and the dwarves for now on.

donimator

Willpower Test, TN 12
Willpower, +5, -2(tired), +2 spell effect, +2 debate/persuade affinity bonus --> +7
Roll: 2d6 +7 = 1,6 +7 = 14 success

Turumarth nods at Caranmîr's warning, listening as Gumbo's words resonate in his ears.

(Quietly again to Caranmîr)..."A silenced tongue can tell no tales...nor any lies, I suppose. I fear actions are going to come first with the sword instead of with thought."

With a sigh Turumarth pulls his cloak on once more and moves to the corpse of the spider, hoping to retrieve his dagger.

tomcat

Kori listened to his nephew, but did not see his concerns, "I do no think we will have much to fear by morning... a dead troll and spider at hand will give any new attackers something to think about. But we will be moving on early, so everyone to bed. We'll see about the troll's hoard with the morning light. Nori and Vari will take the next watch."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"Yes, uncle," Nori gruffly acknowledged.  He then set about to dote upon his heirloom that had aided him so faithfully as it had his ancestors.  Finished with that task, he dispatched the spider carcass away from the camp and took care of his things that had been splattered with the ichor of the oversized arachnid.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Roborob

As Bornoge ran towards the sounds of the encounter, he was surprised to hear the noise of battle cease.  He said aloud to himself, " I wonder what could have silenced that beast?"
     When he finally did get close enough to the campsite to see what had happened his question wasn't answered. "What happened here?" he said out loud again to himself, standing in the trees near the edge of the camp.

sdrotar

Jun 30, 2008, 02:16 PM #24 Last Edit: Jul 01, 2008, 12:48 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Jun 25, 2008, 04:50 PM
Kori nodded his head in agreement, "Aye, these woods hold old evils and many more further south. Thranduil's realm has little influence here... let's bolster our watch." The craftsman then called, "Vári! Would you be interested in accompanying Gumbo into the woods to find this troll's hole? There may be wealth indeed!"

There was a glitter in the old Dwarf's eyes, and his face took on almost feral look that to some, was quite disconcerting.

"Aye, I will," Vári replied. Wiping the ichor off his axe from the spider he slew, he said gently, "That is, assuming that what drips from my blades are proof enough of my courage to our jolly companion."

He looked directly at Gumbo. "While his leaf smells pleasant enough, I wonder if its smoke does not obscure his vision regarding friend from foe."

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

"Master Vari, from you I ask your forgiveness. My words were directed more to those whose words and actions showed sympathy towards our foe, for towards that I have none. May your axe be ever sharp in the face of the enemy and may we fight long and true back to back against any who would stand against us or the House of Durin."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

sdrotar

Jul 01, 2008, 12:51 AM #26 Last Edit: Jul 01, 2008, 12:54 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: Telcontar on Jun 30, 2008, 07:16 PM
"Master Vari, from you I ask your forgiveness. My words were directed more to those whose words and actions showed sympathy towards our foe, for towards that I have none. May your axe be ever sharp in the face of the enemy and may we fight long and true back to back against any who would stand against us or the House of Durin."

Vári nodded in appreciation. He had little room in his heart for grudges; he carried enough burdens with him already.
He turned to face Kori. "Then I suppose we'll be off?"
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun