• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 03:20 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The story so far . . .

Started by dustinrstrong, Mar 21, 2008, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustinrstrong

Mar 21, 2008, 03:25 PM Last Edit: Mar 21, 2008, 03:29 PM by dustinrstrong
You may use this thread, or any of the chapter threads, to post comments about the story of Lost Legends thus far:

What do you like? 
Don't like? 
Where do you think it should go next? 
What would you like to see the heroes go next? 
Suggestions for storylines? 

All constructive comments are welcome, as are suggestions (I am always looking for new plots to wreak havoc on my players.)

drs

dustinrstrong

Okay, 

I see a lot of people have looked, but no one has responded. 

Is my story just so good that everyone is in awe of my literary skills? :]

or

Does it suck that bad and nobody wants to hurt my feelings?  :'(

I shall reduce myself to begging . . . :-[

I really want to know what you guys think.  I have read your LotR chronicles on this site and am very impressed with what you have done.  I would like to hear your opinions, critiques, and ideas.

Respectfully,

Dustin R. Strong

tomcat

Hey Dustin,

I am not ignoring your desire for input here, but I have not had a chance to read through your stories.

I will spend some time on them here soon and give you a shout out. I love the First Age so I am sure it is cool and it will be nice to have more stories about the period.

I'll post soon.

Tomcat
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

First three chapters are done... nice work. I really enjoy the First Age stories.

As far as your questions regarding your story, I will have more insight as I continue reading. I will report back later.

Tomcat
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Hey Dustin,

Is this stuff you are writing, or is it compiled notes from your gaming sessions? Rich Tolkien detail... very nice.

dustinrstrong

Jun 20, 2008, 08:24 PM #5 Last Edit: Jun 20, 2008, 08:38 PM by dustinrstrong
Quote from: tomcat on Jun 20, 2008, 06:08 PM
Hey Dustin,

Is this stuff you are writing, or is it compiled notes from your gaming sessions? Rich Tolkien detail... very nice.

Glad you like it. 

It's a little bit of both.  I take what happens in my gaming sessions and embelish them a bit.  The overall course of the story is still driven by my players, I just clarify, add color and description when necessary, and adjust when needed.  I also borrow heavily from Tolkien's descriptions of certain events.

My process is also a bit slow.  I am not running one large, over-reaching campaign.  Instead, I create mini-campaigns that weave together based on what the players want to do.  Each mini may include 3-5 game sessions.  Then once that particular story arc is complete, I write up the narrative.  This may be done in one chapter or in three.  It just depends on how well events fit together.

We have recently fought the Glorious Battle and have began our newest mini-campaign.  In upcoming chapters, (not to give away too much) the PCs have decided to leave Beleriand for a while.  This should get interesting. >:D

DRS

tomcat

Very cool.

I have a little different style... my game is one straight continuum. Days may pass quicker than others, but my story runs continiously with the characters. I am about to bring my latest chapter to a close - one last climactic battle between the Sagath (Easterlings) and the Éothraim (the horse-folk that will one day migrate to the vales of the northern Misty Mountains, and then to Rohan).

Anyway, I see you have added another chapter and I have a few still to read before I get to it. Again, its a great read.

dustinrstrong

Gentlemen,

I apologize for not posting the more recent chapters of this story, as well as any frustration this may have caused.

Things are pretty busy now (grad school, a nephew and brother about to deploy to Iraq and Afghanistan, etc.).

We have played 3 or 4 more sessions since the last post, but I haven't had (or made) the time to write them up and post.  Hopefully, this will be soon rectified as I have a small break between research projects for graduate school.

Will post a chapter or two soon.

Thanks for your support and patience.

DRS

tomcat

I have finally caught up Dustin. Good stuff man!