• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 11:22 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

To Do's...

Started by tomcat, Jan 17, 2008, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jan 17, 2008, 04:03 PM Last Edit: Jan 19, 2008, 05:32 PM by tomcat
Quote from: sdrotarOOC: My understanding is that we're time-shifted a bit here, too. We know the repairs will work, but that's hours from "now", right?

That will keep the Columbia from being dead in space, but it's still in bad shape.

Level five diagnostic

• Structural integrity is at 28% - pending [6 left of 21 structure points]
  • Small hull breaches both dorsal and ventral; secondary security systems (breach force fields) active - Lt. Torrence
  • Weapons, life support and operations hit, but superficial - Lt. Com. Ramos
  • Cargo hold atmospherics and doors/Replicator network have been damaged and are currently inoperable - Lt. Telek

[OOC:]

Tests Needed:

• Structure and breaches will need to be remedied by an extended Engineering (Structural) test TN 300; I will give a +12 to each test that is from a rotation of crewmen in EVA suits working along with a worker bee shuttle team; each test will take one day [Estimated repair time = 15 days]
  • Weapons repairs require a Repair or Engineering (System) test TN 15 to restore the box [Estimated repair time = 1.5 hours]
  • Life Support repairs require a Repair or Engineering (System) test TN 15 to restore the box [Estimated repair time = 1.5 hours]
  • Operations repairs require a Repair or Engineering (System) test TN 15 to restore the box [Estimated repair time = 1.5 hours]
These tasks can be delegated to any of the 7 on board Engineering Officers (Zantz's is dead) but Ramos or Telek cannot be working on more than one job at the same time, so you may want to prioritize; NPC's will have one half of Ramos' skill levels and I will grant a +5 bonus (except the Structural work) to all tests to account for the assistance of fellow crewmen and ship's technology.

Here is a time breakdown since the Episode started:

A hour* -1crew slowly revive and begin initial work to find out what has happened
A hour* -.25Darkan starts his 30 minute tests to come back to his senses
A hour* -0Klingon B'rels arrive and move in opposite direction
A hour* +.5Ramos begins computer reboot; Pushkin starts shuttle launch
A hour* +.75Grahm blows pods and extinquishes fire
A hour* +1Pushkin circuits the Columbia; Ramos programs the patch
A hour* +1.25Pushkin discovers the Gr'Toth; Ramos wires the tricorder
A hour* +1.5Ramos initializes the CPU
A hour* +2Life support comes online; Telek and Torrence complete repairs on hull breaches and secondary system failures
A hour* +2.25Sensors come online
A hour* +2.5Helm and Nav come online [Propulsion]
A hour* +3Shields come online
A hour* +3.5Weapons come online
A hour* +3.75Misc minor systems come online [Operations]
* A hour is the arrival hour of the two B'rels; bullets in light red have already passed
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jan 17, 2008, 04:08 PM #1 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2008, 08:16 AM by tomcat
[OOC:] This post is brought forward from a previous thread called Convergence - repairs!

Quote from: tomcat on Nov 28, 2007, 08:16 PM
  • Operations repairs require an extended Engineering (System) test TN 30 to restore the box [Estimated repair time = 3 hours]

Quote from: sdrotarEngineering (System: Computers) test (TN 30 Extended)
Ramos' Skill +10

Roll 1: Roll(2d6)+10: 1,2,+10 Total:13
Roll 2: Roll(2d6)+10: 6,1,+10 Total:17
Total = 30

OOC: That was convenient!

Shawn, this was the only repairs/engineering test I saw done for the work needed to get the ship back into shape. So that list above still needs to be worked through.

Understand that if quick repairs need done, so that you guys can fight against the B'rel's, that can be done instead of these long full repairs.

We'll just see as things go here.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jan 19, 2008, 09:33 AM #2 Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008, 11:47 AM by tomcat
While Ramos and Ario had spent the better part of two hours working on the computer, Telek and his team, along with Lt. Torrence and his team, had been busy working on their perspective systems.

Working in multiple locations of the ship, Torrence had his men phaser torch pieces of hull plating into the breaches. The work was only a temporary fix until the hangar could get the worker bee shuttles outside, and men in EVA suits to actually pull the damaged plates, send them to the refabricators and then re-install. Still, the temporary fixes allowed the ship to no longer need to expend power for breach fields.

Telek on the lower decks of the ship was working on the very things that Torrence would need once the ship was out of harm's way. The fabricators and cargo holds operating systems had been knocked out in one of the Romulans' attacks, and though not critical to the Columbia, they were a necessary component.

With these tasks done, and still more to do, the two engineers sought out their commander to see if he wanted them to take on any other tasks on the list.

Torrence's Repair test TN 12 [estimated 1 hour repair]
Repair +3, Specialty +2

Roll(2d6)+5: 5,3,+5 Total:13 SUCCESS [45 minutes to complete]

Telek's Repair test TN 12 [estimated 1 hour repair]
Repair +7

Roll(2d6)+7: 6,2,+7 Total:15 SUCCESS [45 minutes to complete]

tomcat

[OOC:] Waiting here for Shawn to tell me what Ramos is going to have his junior officers do, now that their work is done (or will be in the hour). Do you want them to take on other tasks that Ramos has on his list? I assume yes, but I didn't know what you wanted to RP yourself for the CE.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Jan 30, 2008, 11:49 AM
[OOC:] Waiting here for Shawn to tell me what Ramos is going to have his junior officers do, now that their work is done (or will be in the hour). Do you want them to take on other tasks that Ramos has on his list? I assume yes, but I didn't know what you wanted to RP yourself for the CE.

"Well done, gentlemen," Ramos said as the engineers reported in. While the ship's structure would require an enormous amount of work, it seemed that they could get the ship moving along well enough if they could avoid a fight.

"Mr. Torrance, when you've completed your work, please move on to weapons systems and effect repairs - I suspect the bridge will feel a lot more comfortable with them available. Mr. Telek, use your computer talents on getting the Operations system cleaned up. I'll head to Life Support and patch things up. Afterwards, I'll be able to assist either of you if necessary. Report in at regular intervals - and good luck. Ramos out."

With that, Ramos slung a repair kit over his shoulder and headed to Life Support.

Repair (TN 15)
Skill +6
Roll(2d6)+6:6,6,(2),+6 Total:20

OOC: Do we have the bases covered? Sorry I'm having trouble keeping track of all the problems on the train wreck that is now our ship. ;)
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

[OOC:] Hey Shawn, yea, you guys sure do have it coming together. I am glad the chaos is not only read about in game, but felt when you go to play this thing.  (D

Anyway, the ship is coming togther except the structural issues and here is an updated post of job and timeline.

Tests Needed:

• Structure and breaches will need to be remedied by an extended Engineering (Structural) test TN 300; I will give a +12 to each test that is from a rotation of crewmen in EVA suits working along with a worker bee shuttle team; each test will take one day [Estimated repair time = 15 days]

Torrence's Repair test TN 15 [estimated 1.5 hour repair]
Repair +3, Specialty +2

Roll(2d6)+5: 2,4,+5 Total:11 +6 (COURAGE) SUCCESS [68 minutes to complete]

Telek's Repair test TN 15 [estimated 1.5 hour repair]
Repair +7

Roll(2d6)+7: 3,3,+7 Total:13 +3 (COURAGE) SUCCESS [68 minutes to complete]

Here is a time breakdown since the Episode started:

A hour* -1crew slowly revive and begin initial work to find out what has happened
A hour* -.25Darkan starts his 30 minute tests to come back to his senses
A hour* -0Klingon B'rels arrive and move in opposite direction
A hour* +.5Ramos begins computer reboot; Pushkin starts shuttle launch
A hour* +.75Grahm blows pods and extinquishes fire
A hour* +1Pushkin circuits the Columbia; Ramos programs the patch
A hour* +1.25Pushkin discovers the Gr'Toth; Ramos wires the tricorder
A hour* +1.5Ramos initializes the CPU
A hour* +2Life support comes online; Telek and Torrence complete repairs on hull breaches and secondary system failures
A hour* +2.25Sensors come online
A hour* +2.5Helm and Nav come online [Propulsion]
A hour* +3Shields come online; Telek, Torrence, and Ramos all complete their assigned tasks - Operations, Weapons, and Life support respectively
A hour* +3.5Weapons come online
A hour* +3.75Misc minor systems come online [Operations]
* A hour is the arrival hour of the two B'rels; bullets in light red have already passed

sdrotar

Jan 31, 2008, 08:40 PM #6 Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008, 06:54 AM by tomcat
Quote from: tomcat on Jan 31, 2008, 07:20 AM

Tests Needed:

Engineering: Structural (Spaceframes) +5 +2 +12 = +19 [You forgot your own skill rank as engineer Shawn]
Day 1: Roll(2d6)+12:2,3,+19 Total:24 (276)
Day 2: Roll(2d6)+12:3,1,+19 Total:23 (253)
Day 3: Roll(2d6)+12:6,3,+19 Total:28 (225)
Day 4: Roll(2d6)+12:1,3,+19 Total:23 (202)
Day 5: Roll(2d6)+12:3,1,+19 Total:23 (179)
Day 6: Roll(2d6)+12:1,1,+19 -3 Total:18 (161) OOC: I'm assuming this roll screws something up. ;) - just need to remember that duble 1's cause the same effect as double sixes, except you subtract.
Day 7: Roll(2d6)+12:1,3,+19 Total:23 (138)
Day 8: Roll(2d6)+12:1,1,+19 -3 Total:18 (120) OOC: Ugh.
Day 9: Roll(2d6)+12:2,5,+19 Total:26 (94)
Day 10: Roll(2d6)+12:6,4,+19 Total:29 (65)
Day 11: Roll(2d6)+12:4,3,+19 Total:26 (39)
Day 12: Roll(2d6)+12:3,1,+19 Total:23 (16)
Day 13: Roll(2d6)+12:2,1,+19 Total:22 (-6)

[Narrator Edits - I will keep these tests for the near futuer, but at the moment, Ramos cannot take staff out of the ship with the threat of two B'rels]
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun