• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:53 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

EPISODE 6 - The Wedge (Part 2)

Started by tomcat, Dec 08, 2007, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

After some time of being out of the way, Darkan began to get restless.  Even though he knew that his XO would give him a report as soon as all the data was in, he couldn't wait.  "Stonn, what's our status?" he queries over his communicator.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Dec 19, 2007, 06:40 PM
After some time of being out of the way, Darkan began to get restless.  Even though he knew that his XO would give him a report as soon as all the data was in, he couldn't wait.  "Stonn, what's our status?" he queries over his communicator.

"We are still communicating via personal units, as you can see, sir. Mr. Grahm is set to take command of fire suppression - multiple fires are still burning on two decks. Mr. Pushkin and I are in the process of ascertaining what damage has been caused to bridge systems. Ship-wide, repairs are underway and some systems have been restored. However, the computer system is still locked. Chief Engineer Ramos suspects that an electromagnetic pulse from the detonation of the Romulan vessel has frozen the computers, and they may need a complete shutdown and restart cycle to regain full control."

He paused for a moment, calculating the time in his mind.

"And sir, the two B'rel-class scouts we detected before the explosion are likely to arrive within moments - if they are not here already. We cannot use sensors, and if they have attempted to hail us, we would neither have heard their message nor been able to respond."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

seppun1

Pushkin looks up from his open panel, wiping a hand across his forehead and smudging it with something. He pauses as he listens to the Commander. He sets down the flow regulator for a moment, looking to his tricorder. "Sir, what if we use the Sensor from a Shuttle? It won't give us much, but at least we will be able to see what is going on. It's that or stand at a porthole with a tricorder."

sdrotar

Quote from: seppun1 on Dec 20, 2007, 07:27 PM

Pushkin looks up from his open panel, wiping a hand across his forehead and smudging it with something. He pauses as he listens to the Commander. He sets down the flow regulator for a moment, looking to his tricorder. "Sir, what if we use the Sensor from a Shuttle? It won't give us much, but at least we will be able to see what is going on. It's that or stand at a porthole with a tricorder."

"Indeed," he replied. Stonn did not know if shuttlecraft systems had been affected, and he doubted that anyone had bothered to check yet, either, but the idea was sound.

"Mr. Pushkin, please contact the shuttle bay and find out if your plan is feasible."

tomcat

Dec 21, 2007, 02:10 PM #34 Last Edit: Dec 21, 2007, 02:24 PM by tomcat
Pushkin flipped open his communicator and called out for any crewmen that might be near or in the shuttle hanger. It took a moment or two but then one of Ramos' engineering staff answered.

"Yes, sir," the voice said. "We are here in the hangar; Chief Ramos has us doing rounds of all sections to determine ship integrity."

Aleks listened to the men report, and then made his inquiry. The crewman affirmed, "Sir, the shuttle integrity looks sound. We could definitely launch a shuttle but we would have to use the manual door releases, instead of system controlled. That will vaccuum the bay and it will stay that way until the Columbia is back to being automated, sir." He also confirmed, "Mr. Pushkin, I see the whole wing of shuttles in their housings... doesn't look like any of them were damaged by the drop from warp - they are all still shackled to the deck."

Bottom line, a shuttle could be launched though it would not be able to return until the Federation starship could re-seal the bay. "Well," thought Pushkin, "There'd be no way to leave the shuttle once it landed... not until there was air to breathe."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

seppun1

Pushkin considers for a moment before looking to the Commander. He's the senior officer here. "Well, let's try the sensors inside the Columbia to see what information we get back." He suggests. "But after that, if still want to launch, Sir. I'll volunteer to take the shuttle out.  We might be able to dock her along one of the external ports." 

sdrotar

Quote from: seppun1 on Dec 21, 2007, 06:11 PM

Pushkin considers for a moment before looking to the Commander. He's the senior officer here. "Well, let's try the sensors inside the Columbia to see what information we get back." He suggests. "But after that, if still want to launch, Sir. I'll volunteer to take the shuttle out.  We might be able to dock her along one of the external ports." 

"I will take that under advisement. It is also possible to wear an environmental suit to and from the shuttle. A tether or gravity boots would ensure a safe voyage between the shuttle and the airlock, since they can be manually decompressed. Good thinking, Mr. Pushkin."

seppun1

Pushkin nods his head to the Vulcan. "Thank you, Sir." He kneels down for a moment, cheeking on the feeds to the helm console. "Alright, let's see if this does it..." He mumbles slightly as grabbing the flow regulator and using it to channel some power back into the console. He glances towards the Commander. "Where would you like to start first, Sir?"

GandalfOfBorg

"Understood, Darkan out."  This sitting and doing nothing was fast getting old to the young captain.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: seppun1 on Dec 22, 2007, 10:54 PM

Pushkin nods his head to the Vulcan. "Thank you, Sir." He kneels down for a moment, cheeking on the feeds to the helm console. "Alright, let's see if this does it..." He mumbles slightly as grabbing the flow regulator and using it to channel some power back into the console. He glances towards the Commander. "Where would you like to start first, Sir?"

"Actually, Mr. Pushkin, your suggestion regarding our current... visibility problem brings our greatest concern to the fore. If you feel capable, I think that your efforts would best be focused on finding a way to determine what is going on around us. I would consider taking a shuttlecraft myself, but with the captain incapacitated, I am needed here on the bridge."

seppun1

Pushkin looks to Stonn before nods his head, putting his tools away, his work finished on the console, anyway. "Yes, Sir. I'll get suited up and head out immediately." He reaches for communicator, making sure it was working before moving to leave the bridge.  "If I can't get you with the shuttle's comm system, I'll try with the communicator." He explains before disappearing.

sdrotar

Quote from: seppun1 on Dec 27, 2007, 05:14 PM

Pushkin looks to Stonn before nods his head, putting his tools away, his work finished on the console, anyway. "Yes, Sir. I'll get suited up and head out immediately." He reaches for communicator, making sure it was working before moving to leave the bridge.  "If I can't get you with the shuttle's comm system, I'll try with the communicator." He explains before disappearing.

"Take care, Mr. Pushkin," Stonn said.
Pushkin's plan carried risk with it, of course, but the helmsman had proven himself capable; Stonn was confident that he would succeed.