• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 23, 2024, 04:32 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

EPISODE 6 - The Wedge (Part 2)

Started by tomcat, Dec 08, 2007, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

A bit groggy from the painkillers and coming out of the pain-induced unconsciousness, Darkan calls out, "Stonn, our people on the Gr'Toth... get their condition as soon as you can."  The young ship's commander grimaces from both the pain and the thought of his crewmen on the Klingon vessel.  They knew their duty but he was still quite concerned.  "They probably deserve commendations..." he says weakly to himself.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Dec 12, 2007, 06:43 PM #16 Last Edit: Dec 12, 2007, 06:51 PM by tomcat
Crewmen quickly answered the halfling's request and the conference room [OOC: on Deck 2] was made into another triage, while Darkan was taken to his ready room with the assistance of Grahm.

[OOC: from Matt's post] A bit groggy from the painkillers and coming out of the pain-induced unconsciousness, Darkan called out, "Stonn, our people on the Gr'Toth... get their condition as soon as you can." The young ship's commander grimaced from both the pain and the thought of his crewmen on the Klingon vessel. They knew their duty but he was still quite concerned. "They probably deserve commendations..." he said weakly to himself.

While they worked, more medical staff arrived with medkits and other necessary equipment, much to the relief of Ario. The captain was situated on his bed and finally the Deltan took a moment for himself to be examined. The diagnosis was grim and the doctor told Ario he needed to cease anymore strenuous activities for a while so that the ribs could properly set, otherwise he could have problems later on – such as calcium knots or even bone infection. Ario was fitted with a tight girdle that squeezed enough to keep the bones from shifting when he moved his torso.

Darkan's arm was also set. The medic fit a brace around the break and then touched a couple buttons on its blinking monitor. Immediately the captain felt the inner padding begin to expand like a balloon until it held snuggly in place and allowed no movement from his shoulder to his wrist.

"I am going to look at that again soon, captain, to make sure you do not need surgery, but that will keep you for now."

Another mild painkiller was administered and the captain was left alone, woozy and achy, but aware of what was going on around him.

On the bridge, Stonn had the panel open to his station trying to figure out why it was unresponsive – especially since it was partially lit. But still the LCARS system, which allowed all stations variable access to the computer core, was not reacting. The Vulcan immediately deduced that the core itself, the very brain of the ship, was not responding. Where were the redundant systems?

This fact held many dangerous possibilities. If the computer was not functioning, the ship would be extremely difficult to fly, environmentally unsound, and impossible to keep the crew fed. Space would be impossible to navigate without the computer's vast library of anomalies and hazards... let alone, where they were and how to get where they wanted to go.

A few crewmen were fanning the smoke out of the bridge with electronic PADD's – a very real image of Stonn's concerns.

Grahm went to an equipment locker and pulled out five communicators. He flipped two open and signaled one with the other. His voice emanated from the one in his left hand, feeding back a bit due to the proximity of the communicator in his right, in which he talked.

The tactical officer flipped them back closed and walked over to Ario, "Communicator's are working Ensign... just seems no one was able to hear your initial calls. You up for a walk down to engineering?"

Grahm dispersed the communicators to Pushkin, Anderson and Stonn – taking one for himself. The fifth he took and laid by the captain's side. He turned to the XO, "Mr. Stonn, I am going to head down to engineering. I don't think it matters what I do with my weapons console, it isn't responding.

[OOC:] I need Stonn to make a Physical Science test TN 15

I also need an Engineering: Systems test TN 15 for each station - Pushkin (Helm), Anderson (Nav), Stonn (Science), Grahm (Tac). These tests will take an hour and each will be at a -5 due to no computer access / no replicators, and a press for getting tools. If successful, the PC will have repaired their console enough to allow functionality when the computer begins to work.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

seppun1

Dec 12, 2007, 07:09 PM #17 Last Edit: Dec 13, 2007, 06:08 AM by tomcat
Pushkin slowly gets to his feet, thanking the nurse. He rolls his shoulders and necks. That is going to leave a bruise in the morning...or whenever he gets to sleep next. He squints through the flickering lights at the other senior officers, stepping over to join them.  He looks to Grahm as he accepts his communicator. "With the Commander's permission, I could lend a hand in Engineering. I have had my hands in Impulse manifold before. And without any power and sensors, the Columbia is going no where fast." 

[Narrator EDIT]
OOC: Engineering: Systems test TN 15

Engineering: System +8, Specialty +2, Inadequate equipment -5
(2,3) +5 = 10 +6 (Courage) = 16 COMPLETE SUCCESS [work completed in 3/4 time or 45 minutes]

tomcat

Grahm nodded at Pushkin, "Yea, come on Alex. Let's go see why Ramos doesn't have this thing back together yet."

[OOC:] Did you want to spend any courage to make sure your helm will function later, or leave it for an engineer?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

seppun1

ooc: Go ahead and spend courage.  I forgot I can spend those. :)  It's better to have it functioning now then come running back during an emergency to go, Oh right, it's still broke. :D

sdrotar

Quote from: seppun1 on Dec 12, 2007, 07:09 PM

Pushkin slowly gets to his feet, thanking the nurse. He rolls his shoulders and necks. That is going to leave a bruise in the morning...or whenever he gets to sleep next. He squints through the flickering lights at the other senior officers, stepping over to join them.  He looks to Grahm as he accepts his communicator. "With the Commander's permission, I could lend a hand in Engineering. I have had my hands in Impulse manifold before. And without any power and sensors, the Columbia is going no where fast." 

The tall Vulcan nodded. "Please report in as soon as your status changes, Mr. Grahm."

Stonn went back to work on his console. What had happened to the ship was... unusual, to say the least.

Science (Physical) Test (TN 15)
Stonn's skill (Mathematics specialty) +10
Roll(2d6)+10:1,5,+10 Total:16
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

pgholland

Ario looked at Grahm, took a deep breath and winced- realising that not only had he just exacerbated his wounds he had also just taken another big gulp of pheremones, which in his normal state would be no problem, in fact he would not have even noticed them.
"Of course Mr Grahm, if the Commander doesn't need me up here. My experience is limited but my father did teach me a little about starship systems; I might be of use to you."

tomcat

Grahm winked, "I am thinking you will be more helpful if we run into any more hurt people. Let's go."

[OOC:] Pushkin cannot go because he will be working on his station for 45 minutes.

Grahm has no talents at engineering, unfortunately, so he will have to wait on one from Ramos' team.
  :(

pgholland

Ario looked at Grahm, "I'm a psychologist, my emergency medical skills are severely limited. The emergency teams have already been dispatched though; I doubt we will run into anybody who needs my help." he said, his tone carefully neutral- resorting to the habits he had learned from his mother and his tutors on Vulcan.
"Considering the problems we have encountered recently though, I may ask one of the Doctors to school me in medicine and administer the Starfleet Medical exams to qualify me as one also- my learning skills are prodigious..." he let that linger- he wasn't one to fall into Vulcan arrogance very often, but logic and passionless expression seemed his only falsafe against his dual-nature at the moment.

tomcat

"Well you could have fooled me the way you helped the captain along with everyone else," Grahm smiled. "Well let's go see what we can find out from Ramos... unless you are not feeling up to it?"

[OOC:] If Ario does not want to go, I will change the post... this continues in the Engineering room.

GandalfOfBorg

Dec 15, 2007, 01:31 PM #25 Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007, 01:33 PM by GandalfOfBorg
With Stonn in command while he was out of commission, Darkan was left to his pain, drugged-induced haziness, and his continued dwelling upon the recent events.  He would come out of his revery ever so often to hear engineers and medics commenting on the situation from various perspectives.  This got him rethinking his decision about boldly going into what could be considered enemy territory by some and saving the reputation of the Federation from a devious Romulan plot.  He could see in many places where hindsight showed him where he went wrong, what the better choices were, and that got him down.  What would Starfleet say to this even though he was considered "off the reservation"?  What would Mia, her friends, and relatives think after what he'd done only a short time ago against the Klingon raiders?
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

seppun1

Pushkin glances to his console for a moment before looking to Grahm. "I'll be there in a few minutes. I have an idea why the helm's isn't operational." He calls. "I would rather have the console operational in case something happens." He walks around the front of the console, kneeling down, opening a panel. "I think the power conduits might be fused." 

He glances over to the Commander as he works on the Science Console. "Are you finding the same, Sir?" He asks. "Perhaps the explosion caused a surge of energy to the systems?"

sdrotar

Dec 17, 2007, 08:23 PM #27 Last Edit: Dec 17, 2007, 08:26 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: seppun1 on Dec 17, 2007, 07:46 PM

Pushkin glances to his console for a moment before looking to Grahm. "I'll be there in a few minutes. I have an idea why the helm's isn't operational." He calls. "I would rather have the console operational in case something happens." He walks around the front of the console, kneeling down, opening a panel. "I think the power conduits might be fused." 

He glances over to the Commander as he works on the Science Console. "Are you finding the same, Sir?" He asks. "Perhaps the explosion caused a surge of energy to the systems?"

"It is certainly possible, Mr. Pushkin," Stonn replied, his head still under his console. "The rudimentary nature of the Romulan mock-up may have subjected the Columbia to higher-than-expected levels of radiation that could have damaged the ship in... unconventional ways."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

seppun1

Pushkin gets up to get a tool kit and tricorder before returning to the open panel. He gets out a tool to check the powerlines and datalines, looking for a power source. He will even attempt to run a current through the dead links to see if they still functional.

tomcat

[OOC:] Good RP'ing guys - keep it up!

I still want more character interactions here so you guys can decide what next to do.

Most repair tests that people are performing were an hour in length, modified by the DOS of their rolls; just remember that Stonn had detected ships a while back that were roughly an hour away.

I will add more story after you guys RP amongst yourselves a bit more.  ;D

Have FUN!