• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 07:29 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Easterling camp

Started by tomcat, Dec 01, 2007, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

[OOC:] I go with the assumption that Durgil, with his lean towards archery would have his bow with him, as well as his sword; Fengel would have his own blade.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

Fengel waited for the guard to move far enough away then approached the paddock hoping to locate his sister quickly.

tomcat

Dec 19, 2007, 04:54 PM #17 Last Edit: Dec 19, 2007, 04:57 PM by tomcat
Fengel entered through the post fence of the stockade, hunched so his shape would intermingle with those of the ponies that stood about either cropping quietly or sleeping. The Éothraim made quiet soothing sounds as he brushed through the animals so as not to spook them, and the horses allowed him to easily pass.

He made his way into the inner area of the paddock and came at last to one of the unmoving forms of his kinfolk. It was a woman, who immediately tensed up when she realized his approach, though she did not cry out. Why that was became obscenely clear when Fengel realized the woman's tongue had been removed. The warrior cringed as he saw her disfigured face, even in the darkness, but whispered words in their language to soothe her even further. The woman began to quietly weep and she grabbed Fengel's arms, needing to touch a freedom that she no longer had and to feel the strength and protection that had as yet failed them.

All about Fengel, he could see other forms lying asleep and wooden posts sticking up from the ground. He noticed thick hemp ropes nailed to the tops and he knew that the stakes were not only for the beasts of burden. The other prisoners who were unable to sleep began to take notice of the warrior.

Outside the paddock, Durgil immersed himself into the shadows of the grand pavillion's northeastern edge, all the while having an arrow nocked to his bowstring. He silently wished his friend to hurry, but knew that Fengel would need time.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

Fengel pressed his finger to his mouth hoping to keep his kin from bringing the attention of the guard.  He then leaned close to one of them and whispered his sisters name.

tomcat

To Fengel's inquiry, only a struggled gesture was made - one of the prisoners raised a shaking hand and pointed to the ancillary pavillion. The Éothraim warrior looked out at the tent and felt his heart leap into his chest. He was so close at last!

In a shadowed corner, Durgil could be seen waiting, but also could be seen the two Sagath warriors that guarded the tent entrance.

Palandil

Fengel wanted nothing more than to fight his way into the tent, but he needed some plan.  He whispered to his captured kin, "Hold on a while longer, your freedom will come soon.  And your suffering avenged."  He didn't think that there was much fight left in them but he also asked for any that could, to be ready to lend aid.
Fengel then carefully made his way back to Durgil's position.  Fengel leaned in close to Durgil, "My sister is in that tent.  My heart would slash my way in there right now.  Tell me you know of a better way, for my mind can not."

GandalfOfBorg

The Dunadan thinks for a moment while looking around and gauging the situation.  "We could take the two at the entrance relatively easily I think, but we need a distraction for the guard over there," says Durgil, pointing to the one in the distance near the prisoner's paddock.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

[OOC:] Now that were back from the holidays, I am waiting here for Fengel to continue the conversation with Durgil before I move on the story.

Palandil

OOC: Sorry for the delay! :-[

IC: Fengel thought that Durgil was going to talk him out of it, so a grin formed on his face that even Durgil could see in the darkness.  "I'm sure that the easterlings have become lax in their watches since there is no threat to them here.  Lets draw closer to him and when his back is turned we will make him a threat no longer."  With that he began to slink off into the night.

GandalfOfBorg

Jan 08, 2008, 06:17 PM #24 Last Edit: Jan 08, 2008, 06:21 PM by GandalfOfBorg
"Alright, I'll follow and you take care of him.  Someone needs to keep an eye out for trouble."
Stealth (Hide) - (6+4)+4+2=16
Stealth (Sneak) - (4+3)+4+2=13

OOC: Durgil will keep an eye out for others, but most of his attention will be upon the guard(s) at the tent (Aim action).
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Palandil

Stealth +2, (sneak) +2, Nim +1
Roll(2d6)+5: 1,1,+5 Total:7  Well Fengel only has 2 courage left I guess he'll have to burn'em.  =13

tomcat

[OOC:]  :( Sorry Paul, but you also need to roll a d6 and subtract that from the total, if it is a 6, it needs to be rolled again, and so on. This is a house rule that we have for our game.

If you need more info, see the House Rules thread.

I will give you guys a results post here shortly.

Palandil

Quote from: tomcat on Jan 09, 2008, 11:09 AM
[OOC:]  :( Sorry Paul, but you also need to roll a d6 and subtract that from the total, if it is a 6, it needs to be rolled again, and so on. This is a house rule that we have for our game.

If you need more info, see the House Rules thread.

I will give you guys a results post here shortly.

OOC:  Sorry, I was thinking of that last night.

Roll(1d6)+0: 3,+0 Total:3   7-3=4  That is probably the lowest roll anyone has ever rolled in this game.   :roll:
I guess I will use the courage anyway and make that a 10.

tomcat

Jan 11, 2008, 06:01 AM #28 Last Edit: Jan 11, 2008, 06:31 AM by tomcat
[OOC:]

The Sagath sentries attempt to detect the companions - TN 10 (took worst of two character's sneak rolls)
Observe +5, Specialty +2, Darkness -5
Roll(2d6)+2: 3,4,+2 Total:9 FAILED  #:S  Nice and lucky!

Okay, you guys sneak off to where you want to go... but I am not sure which sentry you are approaching, and what the intent is. Just know that do to the stealth of the attack, I am granting a +5 to any first attack (from both PC's), and they will be undefendable.

Palandil

Jan 11, 2008, 08:26 AM #29 Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008, 09:31 AM by Palandil
OOC: We are going after the sentry on the north side of the paddock.  Then make are way back to the ancillary tent to take care of that guard too.  Thanks for the kindness bestowed toward Fengel's poor roll.

Fengel didn't care whether this man lived or died but he couldn't risk him calling out, so he decided to use the pommel of his sword to crack open the easterlings head.

2 handed attack:
AC+8; blades+2; nim+1; warwise+3; Cerduil+1; 2handed+2; sneak attack+5
Roll(2d6)+22: 2,2,+22 Total:26